Horror Movies and Poker

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that as I am playing some of the larger poker field tournaments it can get boring in between hands, I still pay attention but I've also gotten where I watch horror movies in the background as I play to keep myself from getting overly frustrated the times I take a bad beat or find myself getting restless. Only thing is I know that concentrating fully is huge when making the big money and the final tables, I was wondering if anyone else likes to have a little something going on while they play and if so if you have noticed a drop off in your results??

GGrinder

GGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this post should win an award.

congratulations

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes unconditionally the game requires a huge concentration, and all sorts of background noises can poorly affect the game, look at the situation, I think it is unlikely in most cases to win if you have a pervforator working under the window, although in other cases you can turn on some relaxing music in the background, and it can help to rise above. Experiment look. I personally sometimes include music, football, hockey too watch during the game, if it's necessary, but still, fun from football little get when playing poker, just as poker play a bit absent minded when I watch football, hockey. I think full concentration is better, and silence is needed to play Poker. Thanks! Good luck!

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually find it mandatory to have the TV on in the background while playing. I can`t stand the quite most of the time. Occasionally it detracts from my game focus so I just turn off for some time. I can not watch the TV or run it along side the game on the monitor since it distracts me too much like that. Also if one table is not keeping your mind busy you might try two tables or more at a time.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You definitely shouldn't do anything that requires brain power to consume. Movies consume brain power, even relatively mindless horror movies. If you need to have something else going on, consider classical music and marijuana.

T

troy panzer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really want to somehow get to the final table with great guarantees.:dancing2: