Need help from experienced regs

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone again, without going around the subject, first I'd like to tell a little about me so you guys get to know a new member of this informatively rich website with at first sight friendly community, which is the reason why I registered here in first place. :)

My mindset :

I'd love to tell how I found poker or how poker found me haha, but it's an loong and personal story which in my dream scenario Ill be able to write a book about when I do reach the success and level I am going after to achieve. Please do not take it for over confidence which is common to complete fishes, but rather as my mental attitude which helps me to push myself to my limits in order to do stuff which I never would've done otherwise, like nerding theory and dedicating 12-18hrs of my day to poker in general. Besides of this attitude I believe I am a nice guy to have around haha :)

As I already mentioned, I've decided to dedicate every each minute of my time to poker. I do not look at poker as a game, but rather an investing platform with good returns depending on my play solely and ofc some luck. Yet, I do not exclude variations, furthermore I do expect those as in my head those are inevitable minding everyone been through it and those who hasn't, will have a taste of it soon or later any way. I think the key here is decent bankroll management and taking amounts I am ready to loose to the table,while investing the rest into different assets, so I have an financial pillow when variation in my performance accures.

During last 3 weeks, I've read and studied 4 poker books, from Gus, Sklansky, Hellmuth and Negreanu. Next is raisers Edge, mathematics of poker and psychology of poker, so I do feel for sure that I do my homework, I'm not even counting poker analysis by Polk(he's just more entertaining compared to other regs who do YouTube) but still, I do watch and analyse other past and current pros. As in my head those who do not learn, die, this principle applies to everything in life to me.

Questions :

1) What else can I do, in order to improve?
2) Do you find anything wrong/abusive/misunderstood by me? If yes, please explain, I am thankful for all the constructive criticism, as I migh have gone crazy :D:D:bike:

I couldn't hold myself anymore and played around 80 hands on microstakes NL2 for the practice sake in order to check my recently obtained knowledge. How did it go? I've found myself going from 0.80cents to 12$ real quick playing 6max but then I've lost in a nonsense way(in my opinion, correct if you think otherwise) where my opponent 3bet Pre flop out of position, which sounds in my head like "hey Ive got something" I assumed at least an AKo, ATo, maybe any pair 66&up minding that it's solely enough for microstakes to go for it as I've founded out :)) i had 56ss, at that point I decided to loose up myself a little as I gathered an solid bankroll by then compared to the rest of the table, and an 3bet for damn 10cents ain't really such a big deal (I know it's wrong judging, but as I said, I was only feeling the grounds,tried hud for the first time, and minding how much time I invest into studies I am surely not afraid to test my theories out there for pennies :D) so I call him, the flop comes Ah2s3d, at this point its my turn to act and I as mentioned I did expect him to join the fight with an A, so me being me, thought that this nutsack realised I was on a street draw or already could've hit it since I 3bet the flop and guess what, donkey calls(previously in the game I wasn't making any obvious plays in attempts to make them believe I have a certain hand) so this move in my head was supposed to be convincible enough for him to fold, but guess what? Noo, our man called it, then I am realising that it's a point of no return(not because Ive already "invested so much into the pot omg" but rather because I was curious if he would actually go to the end having only one high pair, so I go all in and he calls, everything ended as expected, I got surprised how stupid his play was minding that you hit only one pair and you actually bust all your money onto that :confused: yes, lesson learned, do not mind play micros without having anything in my back, yet what do you think about the general idea of me trying to put his thoughts onto certain hand of mine during the play?

So conclusions of my first attempt today were following : Majority of microstakes do actually play really tight or simply rat around the table to get some data for hud & they do go for it by hitting one of the top tier pairs

Questions :

1) Are my observations correct?
2)What about my thinking process?
3)What was wrong? Where did I made a mistake? Besides of those I've already reflected over, maybe reflections were not on point?

BTW I've put 20€(thats the only bankroll money I got atm and I for real need to make it bigger cuz it's life depending :DD..No jk) Do not ask how, I've already told that the time isn't right for this crazy story just yet :) after today's session I ended up at 17€ without minding the winnings, an minus of 3€ 8 can live with,but really tried multiple game modes etc just to make myself comfortable around the application itself etc.

Now the most important questions :

1)What would you do in my shoes having only 17€ to play with which is the total amount of money you've got(I got food so I won't starve, but no money cuz they're on my stars acc :icon_thum:bike::D:D
2)What would be your approach in order to maximise the bankroll growth?

3)Do you think if I Do an live challenge with every day streaming let's say called Get rich or die tryin' Poker Journey? Do you think that would be inspirational for other people, especially if I do succeed, or at least funny if I fail? If you like the idea, I need a shout out in order to inspire people cuz I got no money atm to invest in myself, that's why I am doing what I am doing atm(not without clever your clever advices guys bc atm I feel like swimming in the ocean alone without seeing the shore, but somehow my approach feels right, correct me where its wrong and what I could've done differently please :))

I know my situation might sound crazy or even I might do :D:D, but believe me, I am allright and feeling much better than for last 3 months cuz back then it was a complete hell in terms of personal problems, close friends betrayal, I was left all alone and I've found god so no worries there, all fear and insecurities went away. This is especially funny to me because 3 months ago I would argue with any religious person on the subject of the existence of God if I'd be given a chance  anyways, I am looking forward for all the replies if I get any, as written before, I'd appreciate every each one of you who contributes with his useful 5cents(not a donation request lmao) but an opinion of yours onto my game and how I can improve and eventually go forward in order to raise my bankroll.

Also,does anyone knows how to find a suitable game mode for my situation? I feel cash game, but need your help on grinding micro players who play it like its a home poker with both, the people they like and hate around the same table(waiting on top tier Pre flop hands and going for it like hallelujah) maybe I am taking micros too complicated and should change smth in my approach btw?

I am desperate for fresh insight from people who already have walked this path as you guys are supposed to know more than me for sure and I do appreciate every each one of you who comes with a useful piece of advice for a young man(23) with hairy goals yet crazy dedication and passion for the game, besides of it being an great investment source in my eyes as I've mentioned before.

Last edited:
F

fishinabowl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi
I also just started 3 weeks ago.
My understanding is that all of the knowledge you gather from books and video's, don't really apply at these micro stakes. If you don't hold at least a value hand, don't bother trying tricks on them. Get them with a really strong hand. Even representing a made draw, usually doesn't work. If you have very strong made hand, get them. Otherwise, fold. Also, try to control the pot as often as you can. People are crazy and are often lucky, don't go crazy with them. Stay cool and get them with the better hand.

I'm having more success in Zoom games, as the hands played make more sense. I'm not sure though, as I only started playing them yesterday

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All of the stuff applied at micro's and even freerolls.
but... you need to get behind the concept, not the action of the examples listed.
then get the right accuracies of what cards your opponents may hold.
From there: act; depending the cards and stacks.

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
welcome to cardschat

My advise is to focus on position and don't get to cute.

Good Luck out there :icon_thum

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi
I also just started 3 weeks ago.
My understanding is that all of the knowledge you gather from books and video's, don't really apply at these micro stakes. If you don't hold at least a value hand, don't bother trying tricks on them. Get them with a really strong hand. Even representing a made draw, usually doesn't work. If you have very strong made hand, get them. Otherwise, fold. Also, try to control the pot as often as you can. People are crazy and are often lucky, don't go crazy with them. Stay cool and get them with the better hand.

I'm having more success in Zoom games, as the hands played make more sense. I'm not sure though, as I only started playing them yesterday

Hello and thank you for your input mate, zoom definitely makes sense if I'm not wrong you change table automatically every time you fold right? In that case, playing nuts is prob the single right option and I'll definitely give it a go. Downsides in my opinion might be constant variations of villains which you don't get change to read & analyse and build your strategy about. While we're in learning process, this might be essential in order to improve my game. Hope my view helps a little too :) and regarding micros, that's basically the conclusion I came to as well, but in order to take max advantage we do need to counter that somehow otherwise I'll die eventually from hunger cuz profits gonna be minimal,what you think?

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All of the stuff applied at micro's and even freerolls.
but... you need to get behind the concept, not the action of the examples listed.
then get the right accuracies of what cards your opponents may hold.
From there: act; depending the cards and stacks.

I needed to hear that from someone like you, to get validation on my thoughts. Thank you very much mate :)

I've been analysing my playstile and I've found out that I am a typical Lag, my issues are too loose range, I played too many bad hands & by that exploited myself which lead to a read from that guy who robbed my curiosity which is also a bad thing, generally speaking I decided to put emotions away as well. Balancing betting ranges and hand ranges & mixing my strategy from Lag to different playstile etc during a game seems not like a bad idea, as long the bankroll has the necessarily muscles. What do you think?
:)

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
welcome to cardschat

My advise is to focus on position and don't get to cute.

Good Luck out there :icon_thum

Before I do take action I decided to sit out a little & watch in order to recognise player types I'm having around, in order to enter the table at the moment where I'm sure who's who and how to play those guys. After I do count in all my outs and all of villains outs, depending on betting pattern, time to action, choices pre/post flop etc. I will lie if I state that all of those processes go real quick in my head and I need to work on to make it a little quicker in order to reduce my thinking time to a minimum so that villains won't be able to take me on that one. My mistake was that I could really fast allow myself too much, now I have written down my strategy and gonna follow it like a holy bible with constant analysis and improvement on my behaviour around the table cuz in my head I am my own enemy atm, started reading this psychology book on poker and it does have many, many key advices. What do you think? :) btw what do you mean by being cute? 😁 I am not yet known with that poker vocabulary around the poker table :D:D

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I do take action I decided to sit out a little & watch in order to recognise player types I'm having around, in order to enter the table at the moment where I'm sure who's who and how to play those guys. After I do count in all my outs and all of villains outs, depending on betting pattern, time to action, choices pre/post flop etc. I will lie if I state that all of those processes go real quick in my head and I need to work on to make it a little quicker in order to reduce my thinking time to a minimum so that villains won't be able to take me on that one. My mistake was that I could really fast allow myself too much, now I have written down my strategy and gonna follow it like a holy bible with constant analysis and improvement on my behaviour around the table cuz in my head I am my own enemy atm, started reading this psychology book on poker and it does have many, many key advices. What do you think? :) btw what do you mean by being cute? 😁 I am not yet known with that poker vocabulary around the poker table :D:D

I do apologise for double commenting, but I got so focused on myself and my game that I forgot to thank you for the welcome! I'm living poker 24/7 :D

F

fishinabowl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
......playing nuts is prob the single right option and I'll definitely give it a go.

No. Playing good hands in good spots, yes.

My problem is that I can't multi-table. It just confuses me. But I am also impatient. So I start making mistakes if I single table. Fast fold Poker is much quicker. I prefer sit n go's and tournaments, however. I am trying to make some profit first by playing cash games. I think these are much harder, so I learn more too

BobiLitex

BobiLitex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but is hard to play in rigged sites

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but is hard to play in rigged sites

I don't wanna hear any of that and recommend same to you. Every player got 2 cards just like you. But of pure consciousness I wonder what made you come to that conclusion mate? Any legit proofs?

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I needed to hear that from someone like you, to get validation on my thoughts. Thank you very much mate :)

I've been analysing my playstile and I've found out that I am a typical Lag, my issues are too loose range, I played too many bad hands & by that exploited myself which lead to a read from that guy who robbed my curiosity which is also a bad thing, generally speaking I decided to put emotions away as well. Balancing betting ranges and hand ranges & mixing my strategy from Lag to different playstile etc during a game seems not like a bad idea, as long the bankroll has the necessarily muscles. What do you think?
:)
agree: TAG/LAG is a simplified concept, but you'll need to play your opponent, hand by hand.
problem for the LAG: exploitation by villains, which eats chips.
Thats's why there is something called 'egde'.

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

My problem is that I can't multi-table. It just confuses me. But I am also impatient. So I start making mistakes if I single table. Fast fold Poker is much quicker. I prefer sit n go's and tournaments, however. I am trying to make some profit first by playing cash games. I think these are much harder, so I learn more too

I Agree on them right plays in good spots, but theoretically speaking there's 1 good spot, the dude who makes the last decision or did I miss out on something?

I do experience same problem, yet minding the fact if we play ABC cash games and do our counter and balance above named things right, I think it's gonna be fine by simply counting how many hands you've played and during 10 hands your goals is to have 3.5 bluffs 3.5 valuebets in the right position, in the right timing, i don't see any problem regarding at least 2 or 3 tables at once, I'd like to run 4 by the end of this week. My 5 cents onto that :)

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hi and welcome to CardsChat!

If you managed to sign up at pokerstars, my recommendation would be to start playing 0,50$ STT Sit&Goe's - simultaneously 2 tables at once - if you could afford around 20$ - 30$ starting bankroll.
Play and exercise 100-200-300 STT's of this type, accumulate some BR if you are successful enough, and after that try other types of games!

You shall be grateful at later stage. Good luck :top:

scolopin77

scolopin77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first time

For me, i poked her and we have be playing together ever since:jd4:;):jd4:

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

If you managed to sign up at Pokerstars, my recommendation would be to start playing 0,50$ STT Sit&Goe's - simultaneously 2 tables at once - if you could afford around 20$ - 30$ starting bankroll.
Play and exercise 100-200-300 STT's of this type, accumulate some BR if you are successful enough, and after that try other types of games!

Thank you very much for an useful piece of advice. I am sorry for an late reply, I've been all into practices of poker, was grinding micros, 3tables for the sake of getting the theory into my game and see how well I manage that. Before I was trying to overcomplicate stuff and realised I was loosing money because I was my own enemy haha, lost 20€ last week, got an plus of 12€ in total today with already past minuses counted in.

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much for an useful piece of advice. I am sorry for an late reply, I've been all into practices of poker, was grinding micros, 3tables for the sake of getting the theory into my game and see how well I manage that. Before I was trying to overcomplicate stuff and realised I was loosing money because I was my own enemy haha, lost 20€ last week, got an plus of 12€ in total today with already past minuses counted in.

So without trying to hide my joy or recent failures, today was first session where I went straight up in winnings without looking back.

Fun fact, wast majority of microstakes mentors show examples of complete fish tables 9 & 6tables with majority of players having vpip of 20%&over on 9s & 25%over on 6s. Ridiculous cuz microstakes are full of nits searching for fishes too catch. It's just sad in terms of profit because its all going too slow and you really need to multi table and cherry pick without having so much range cuz people also do play straaaaight forward and them reads are impossible to miss out having just a penny of poker knowledge. I'll go after & try your suggestion, but now I feel like I just have to grind my bank up to 100€ and just go onto bigger stakes so I skip this turtle bank roll growth.

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, i poked her and we have be playing together ever since:jd4:;):jd4:
BTW sorry for my behaviour at the table, that other guy was pissing me off, who does call on your mom around a poker table? Not just around a game but in general.. Jeez 😂 it's so childish and u know how strict we are on such behaviour in Russia my man. Parents are holy.

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Hey mate, how it's been going for you? Wanted to say that I had problems with patience and curiosity, key to success is to cut that shit off and look at poker in same way as fishing, u go there and seek most reliable opportunities to pull it off at micros cash games. So we've been right, it's just to deal with it and get rid of the mistakes bro.

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

If you managed to sign up at Pokerstars, my recommendation would be to start playing 0,50$ STT Sit&Goe's - simultaneously 2 tables at once - if you could afford around 20$ - 30$ starting bankroll.

Also, it seems like I've found a way to beat nits at micros. Every time I have position or an good value hand, like pairs 77+ or any high card with good kicker, perfectly if suited, I expect an 3bet from a nit which happens like 90% of the time he has at least an A, I simply 4bet him in order to make my range bigger than his, its possible to do having air as well, I've managed to go plus by having vpip of 50!! But ideally, if he calls and bets flop, u better have something cuz otherwise that's a fault or u can go crazy and 4 bet that as well, but it all depends on the flop. What do you think?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Also, it seems like I've found a way to beat nits at micros. Every time I have position or an good value hand, like pairs 77+ or any high card with good kicker, perfectly if suited, I expect an 3bet from a nit which happens like 90% of the time he has at least an A, I simply 4bet him in order to make my range bigger than his, its possible to do having air as well, I've managed to go plus by having vpip of 50!! But ideally, if he calls and bets flop, u better have something cuz otherwise that's a fault or u can go crazy and 4 bet that as well, but it all depends on the flop. What do you think?

I am staying away from the Cash tables almost 2 years now :D
That what you said could work I think in short terms, but keeping vpip of 50 in long term is rather risky upon me. As for the positional playing, I agree - your play shall extract all the opportunities when in position.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone again, without going around the subject, first I'd like to tell a little about me so you guys get to know a new member of this informatively rich website with at first sight friendly community, which is the reason why I registered here in first place. :)

My mindset :

I'd love to tell how I found poker or how poker found me haha, but it's an loong and personal story which in my dream scenario Ill be able to write a book about when I do reach the success and level I am going after to achieve. Please do not take it for over confidence which is common to complete fishes, but rather as my mental attitude which helps me to push myself to my limits in order to do stuff which I never would've done otherwise, like nerding theory and dedicating 12-18hrs of my day to poker in general. Besides of this attitude I believe I am a nice guy to have around haha :)

As I already mentioned, I've decided to dedicate every each minute of my time to poker. I do not look at poker as a game, but rather an investing platform with good returns depending on my play solely and ofc some luck. Yet, I do not exclude variations, furthermore I do expect those as in my head those are inevitable minding everyone been through it and those who hasn't, will have a taste of it soon or later any way. I think the key here is decent bankroll management and taking amounts I am ready to loose to the table,while investing the rest into different assets, so I have an financial pillow when variation in my performance accures.

During last 3 weeks, I've read and studied 4 poker books, from Gus, Sklansky, Hellmuth and Negreanu. Next is raisers Edge, mathematics of poker and psychology of poker, so I do feel for sure that I do my homework, I'm not even counting poker analysis by Polk(he's just more entertaining compared to other regs who do YouTube) but still, I do watch and analyse other past and current pros. As in my head those who do not learn, die, this principle applies to everything in life to me.

Questions :

2) Do you find anything wrong/abusive/misunderstood by me? If yes, please explain, I am thankful for all the constructive criticism, as I migh have gone crazy :D:D
:bike:
I couldn't hold myself anymore and played around 80 hands on microstakes NL2 for the practice sake in order to check my recently obtained knowledge. How did it go? I've found myself going from 0.80cents to 12$ real quick playing 6max but then I've lost in a nonsense way(in my opinion, correct if you think otherwise) where my opponent 3bet Pre flop out of position, which sounds in my head like "hey Ive got something" I assumed at least an AKo, ATo, maybe any pair 66&up minding that it's solely enough for microstakes to go for it as I've founded out :)) i had 56ss, at that point I decided to loose up myself a little as I gathered an solid bankroll by then compared to the rest of the table, and an 3bet for damn 10cents ain't really such a big deal (I know it's wrong judging, but as I said, I was only feeling the grounds,tried hud for the first time, and minding how much time I invest into studies I am surely not afraid to test my theories out there for pennies :D) so I call him, the flop comes Ah2s3d, at this point its my turn to act and I as mentioned I did expect him to join the fight with an A, so me being me, thought that this nutsack realised I was on a street draw or already could've hit it since I 3bet the flop and guess what, donkey calls(previously in the game I wasn't making any obvious plays in attempts to make them believe I have a certain hand) so this move in my head was supposed to be convincible enough for him to fold, but guess what? Noo, our man called it, then I am realising that it's a point of no return(not because Ive already "invested so much into the pot omg" but rather because I was curious if he would actually go to the end having only one high pair, so I go all in and he calls, everything ended as expected, I got surprised how stupid his play was minding that you hit only one pair and you actually bust all your money onto that :confused: yes, lesson learned, do not mind play micros without having anything in my back, yet what do you think about the general idea of me trying to put his thoughts onto certain hand of mine during the play?

So conclusions of my first attempt today were following : Majority of microstakes do actually play really tight or simply rat around the table to get some data for hud & they do go for it by hitting one of the top tier pairs

Questions :

3)What was wrong? Where did I made a mistake? Besides of those I've already reflected over, maybe reflections were not on point?

BTW I've put 20€(thats the only bankroll money I got atm and I for real need to make it bigger cuz it's life depending :DD..No jk) Do not ask how, I've already told that the time isn't right for this crazy story just yet :) after today's session I ended up at 17€ without minding the winnings, an minus of 3€ 8 can live with,but really tried multiple game modes etc just to make myself comfortable around the application itself etc.

Now the most important questions :

1)What would you do in my shoes having only 17€ to play with which is the total amount of money you've got(I got food so I won't starve, but no money cuz they're on my stars acc :icon_thum:bike::D:D

3)Do you think if I Do an live challenge with every day streaming let's say called Get rich or die tryin' Poker Journey? Do you think that would be inspirational for other people, especially if I do succeed, or at least funny if I fail? If you like the idea, I need a shout out in order to inspire people cuz I got no money atm to invest in myself, that's why I am doing what I am doing atm(not without clever your clever advices guys bc atm I feel like swimming in the ocean alone without seeing the shore, but somehow my approach feels right, correct me where its wrong and what I could've done differently please :))

I know my situation might sound crazy or even I might do :D:D, but believe me, I am allright and feeling much better than for last 3 months cuz back then it was a complete hell in terms of personal problems, close friends betrayal, I was left all alone and I've found god so no worries there, all fear and insecurities went away. This is especially funny to me because 3 months ago I would argue with any religious person on the subject of the existence of God if I'd be given a chance  anyways, I am looking forward for all the replies if I get any, as written before, I'd appreciate every each one of you who contributes with his useful 5cents(not a donation request lmao) but an opinion of yours onto my game and how I can improve and eventually go forward in order to raise my bankroll.

Also,does anyone knows how to find a suitable game mode for my situation? I feel cash game, but need your help on grinding micro players who play it like its a home poker with both, the people they like and hate around the same table(waiting on top tier Pre flop hands and going for it like hallelujah) maybe I am taking micros too complicated and should change smth in my approach btw?

I am desperate for fresh insight from people who already have walked this path as you guys are supposed to know more than me for sure and I do appreciate every each one of you who comes with a useful piece of advice for a young man(23) with hairy goals yet crazy dedication and passion for the game, besides of it being an great investment source in my eyes as I've mentioned before.

You can post hand analysis in either the cash game or tournament hand analysis sub-section, in spots you lost and didn't quite understand if your line was correct or if you played it correctly and variance showed it's ugly head. You can also find a group of players that are playing "whatever stakes and at whatever sites your currently playing" and talk with them about what they have seen and strategies that they apply to beat that level. Make sure you're continually studying and are reviewing your game constantly. From what I've read it seems like you are trying to apply meta game knowledge in a spot where your strategies are not even being taken into consideration, in which ABC poker is usually the best combat.

2) Do you find anything wrong/abusive/misunderstood by me? If yes, please explain, I am thankful for all the constructive criticism, as I migh have gone crazy :D:D

Not at all you seem to be a well rounded individual that speaks their mind openly and honestly kind of like myself. If I see anything I consider to be "wrong" I will certainly attempt to point it out. For the most part you seem to have a good grasp on your goals, and a strong commitment to your game. May I ask do you also play live, and if so for how long and what stakes?

I haven't played at the micros level in a long time, so I don't want to spread lies and guess at things that I don't know.

I think it's important to not make a decision about all of micro stakes players based on a few individuals over the course of your time beating the microstakes this will give you the time to really learn your competition. If you don't know anything about a player at the micros don't assume that that they are a level one fish waiting to stack off with one pair. overall I think your thinking process is good.

Hopefully I covered this is in question 2 I think you have a good understanding of this already, just reiterating the importance of not under or over valuing a players skill level until you have a significant enough sample on them.

1)What would you do in my shoes having only 17€ to play with which is the total amount of money you've got(I got food so I won't starve, but no money cuz they're on my stars acc

You may not like my answer but honestly I would play free rolls until I had at least 100 euros or "dollars" for me. I still don't completely understand the totality of your situation. Do you have a bankroll other than what is on your stars account.... that I'm assuming you don't have access to currently? or are you trying to make a living by playing micro-stakes? if so I would suggest you drop this idea immediately and look for a job until you can save enough money to take real shots at providing for yourself.

Look people do it every now and again and it's worked for a select few, where you can take shots at games you can't "afford" in efforts to give yourself a proper bankroll but for the majority of players this ends up right back to DEAD BROKE. There is no maximise bankroll "trick" it comes down to you understanding the game you're playing and the stakes you're playing and having an edge over your competition along with a little luck. Once you prove to beat the micros then you move to low stakes, then mid stakes, then high stakes.. it's a long process that takes a lot more work than most are willing to put in.

I think this will certainly be an entertaining adventure, and will provide some extra motivation, but will most likely end up in failure. Yes it would be inspirational if you succeed but don't let the dream of succeeding blind your common sense. IMO it's a much better idea to get to a point in which you can afford to invest in yourself. You have a great start and if you use ALL the resources available here to you at Cards Chat I'm sure you can at least get yourself moving in the right direction. Best of luck to you on your journey, and I hope you succeed.

kam1kadzee

kam1kadzee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

You can post hand analysis in either the cash game or tournament. I've read it seems like you are trying to apply meta game knowledge in a spot where your strategies are not even being taken into consideration, in which ABC poker is usually the best combat.

Not at all you seem to be a well rounded individual that speaks their mind openly and honestly kind of like myself. If I see anything I consider to be "wrong" I will certainly attempt to point it out. For the most part you seem to have a good grasp on your goals, and a strong commitment to your game. May I ask do you also play live, and if so for how long and what stakes?

I haven't played at the micros level in a long time, so I don't want to spread lies and guess at things that I don't know.

I think it's important to not make a decision about all of micro stakes players based on a few individuals over the course of your time beating the microstakes this will give you the time to really learn your competition. If you don't know anything about a player at the micros don't assume that that they are a level one fish waiting to stack off with one pair. overall I think your thinking process is good.

Hopefully I covered this is in question 2 I think you have a good understanding of this already, just reiterating the importance of not under or over valuing a players skill level until you have a significant enough sample on them.

1)What would you do in my shoes having only 17€ to play with which is the total amount of money you've got(I got food so I won't starve, but no money cuz they're on my stars acc

You may not like my answer but honestly I would play free rolls until I had at least 100 euros or "dollars" for me. I still don't completely understand the totality of your situation. Do you have a bankroll other than what is on your stars account.... that I'm assuming you don't have access to currently? or are you trying to make a living by playing micro-stakes? if so I would suggest you drop this idea immediately and look for a job until you can save enough money to take real shots at providing for yourself.

Look people do it every now and again and it's worked for a select few, where you can take shots at games you can't "afford" in efforts to give yourself a proper bankroll but for the majority of players this ends up right back to DEAD BROKE. There is no maximise bankroll "trick" it comes down to you understanding the game you're playing and the stakes you're playing and having an edge over your competition along with a little luck. Once you prove to beat the micros then you move to low stakes, then mid stakes, then high stakes.. it's a long process that takes a lot more work than most are willing to put in.

I think this will certainly be an entertaining adventure, and will provide some extra motivation, but will most likely end up in failure. Yes it would be inspirational if you succeed but don't let the dream of succeeding blind your common sense. IMO it's a much better idea to get to a point in which you can afford to invest in yourself. You have a great start and if you use ALL the resources available here to you at Cards Chat I'm sure you can at least get yourself moving in the right direction. Best of luck to you on your journey, and I hope you succeed.

First of all, thank you so much for taking time to provide such an reply! It was my dream scenario that somebody experienced would bother to reply to me in that manner, no words enough do describe my gratitude Sir.

1. I sure will do! I have a hand i am a little proud of when I read a dude and take all his cash while both of us having nothing but Air. I do understand that learning happens from mistakes so I'll try to cherry pick the hands where I thought I was on the horse. Like recently when my opponent had an higher full house than me on the River :D:puke:

When it comes to your observations on overcomplicating stuff which people around the table do not even bother to think about, you're completely right, that's how I lost my bankroll to 1buck and raised it back, now it's 35€ :D:Dif only I would be less stubborn and just give it a little more time in the beginning, I'd probably manage to avoid that downfall. That was prob the point where my smart ass faced the reality hahaha.

2. I did play earlier but I was nowhere the level of poker knowledge which I am at now. I managed to do well being an analyst from the birth even tho I was an complete fish and those plays were happening on a salary day with my colleagues who played actively. I do not play live now because in Lithuania, all income over 3300 is taxed in casinos, I simply believe I will be better around an online poker table where all my winnings aren't tax obligated due to hole in the laws(stars servers are located in tax free countries and therefore Lithuanian government doesn't have any rights on my cash which was earned in an another country. :)

3. I completely agree that I shouldn't take everyone under same table. My opinion has drastically changed on that subject, micros nowadays are full of nits searching for fishes or recreational players waiting for somebody clueless to join their table. Thankfully I found a way to deal with those guys,so no table is fear atm :) I don't really bother to cherry pick anymore, just tryna make sure the vpip is at normal level minding the table size, or a little higher by few percentages due to unbelievable lines on tables where vpip is slightly out of proportion of a winning player.

4. I've never used freerolls, where are those aviliable? I've heard there is on our website, but I am kinda veeeeeeeeery kind of a proud man to take free ways as my life and personal achievements never came easy and I always had to to the battle myself in order to get where I want without really getting any help, just imagine me coming here and begging for help, personally it's an achievement for me haha, but minding the situation right now, I really might have no choice.

I also believe I'll be able to raise my br to 100 playing cash games micros, based on my recent observations & results. Question is how much time it's gonna take & time is smth i can not afford so much of right now, like a week is fine, but I can't wait a month haha. But I completely agree that the opportunity to provide for a living out of micros is completely DEAD :D and I was actually considering to take a shot at low stakes, MB 1$/2$, I'll do that at once I have 50€ in br,in order to have less mental pressure of failure so I don't make stupid folds based of pure fear of loosing all the money.

5. You won't believe, but by the age of 23, I am an CEO of an international shipbuilding company(its a family business, I work for salary, and all the goods go to my parents) yet the situation I am in right now is kinda confidential for my close ones, so basically everyone around me thinks I am flying high as usual while I fell down so hard from the skies I broke my leg :D:D:D metaphorically. And due to my personality I can not ask for help and I can't either exploit myself because I don't wanna harm and dissapoint my people.

I will get back to work in January so the money won't be a problem. I'll be back at my usual 4k€ a month, so if I don't succeed now, it won't be an end of the world, yet I have expectations of myself and goals which I am going after, therefore I do not rely on work, but rather only on my poker competence & approach. Otherwise my mentality might be weakened & I don't want that.

At the moment of the very first post, my only money was actually 17$ in br at stars, now I did a little trickery and I've got 240 besides of having 35 at stars. Yet, it's Christmas soon, I need to get em flowers for my mum :rolleyes:, and I need to take a driver licence before mid January which needs bout 200,so in practice I'm sitting with 40€ outside of stars, perhaps 10 or 15, minding the flower expenses hahah, I don't really have any other expenses planned besides of food as everything else is covered by my contract.

To illustrate my personal downfall, I had over 70k in my personal BR in the summer purely out of my salary savings. Been trough raising & falling so many times in my life I am kinda used to survival, lol,going from gucci to Adidas ain't news anymore, yet this downfall is the biggest so far and I never wanna be here again lol. Poker is a tool for additional income which I want to make my main one.

Last edited: