Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One of the unique aspects that sets online poker apart from live is the ability to play more than one table at a time. But did you know that your overall and hourly win rates can and will be affected by the number you choose to play? But just what is the sweet spot for number of tables?

Our Multi-tabling guide has all the info you need to help you break it down and figure out just how many tables you should (or shouldn't) be playing. There's also some helpful advise from our Jeff Gross. Read the article, and then let us know how you determine the how many tables you play!

Multi Tabling In Online Poker

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This question goes according to one's focus level and goal. In this case, i think it seems better to play more often, however, with fewer screens, because you can observe the profile of each one to make the best decisions. In this sense, it counts more the performance.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a lot of it depends on what you are playing, its much easier to 10 table double or nothings than it is to 10 table hu.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's a good article, because multitabling is a fundamental necessity for a serious online MTT grinder.

Now, I agree for reducing the number of tables someone plays if they are struggling making the correct decisions. But again it's not so easy to find your exact winrate, as the article correctly says.

But starting for 1-2 tables and slowly add more, is the best way to go.

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can comfortably play simultaneously at 12 tables, but provided that the monitor allows this to be done without overlapping.
cba50e00cff2.jpg

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great article with some really good concepts on multi tabling with regards to win rate. I find that I struggle to focus on my game when I load more than 6 tables, so I tend to stick to 4 these days unless playing HU SNG or Spins where I play usually 1 table or occasionally 2.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really like the Article, and I agree with "Te Unit" it depends on what game you're playing.

As a MTT player I have to play a lot of tables because of variance, but at the same time I can't play a lot of them if I'm not crushing my ABI...

Very interesting, I've some cash game friends and I'll share with them

R

Red_Diamond

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn. I tried doing the 12-table thing years ago. It wasn't easy, even with the use of a second monitor. When things got short handled I'd let the table-count just wind down a bit.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I play multi tables is the tourny's . It seems they all start at the same time. Actually , for me I can handle two - three tops , and then if anyone starts chatting to me - well my game pretty much goes downhill.
I am amazed at anyone who can play more tables and still chat , and do well at the same time !!!

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
very good article but I think that playing many tables depends a lot on how experienced the player is since it will not give you the chance to observe much against what type of player you are playing either mtt or cash although already stars in its regulations reduced the tables of cah a 4 with so low number of tables you can be more observant}​

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some really useful information here. thank you for sharing.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the article, I think I've played 24 tables at the same time.
But if the tournaments are very important, I think they are 6 or 8 tables to avoid losing the concentration of each tournament.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a great article. I would be interested to see how he would approach SNGs and MTTs. I have had thread battles galore on here about multi-tabling. I don't know how Katie Dozier is able to run down 45 at a time. That is INSANE!!! Personally, I like to play bigger games and focus on one table at a time and play my absolute best in that game, but, there are occasions when 2 things are going on at once and I play in both of them. I seem to do pretty well even though I am not getting to take as many notes and figure out what mistakes the other players are making so I can exploit them later. However, I seem to be able to gather enough information to play pretty soundly in both. So, I guess, for me, two is the max right now. Maybe if I get to the point where I am crushing it at 2 then I will consider opening up a third and giving it a whirl.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the article, I think I've played 24 tables at the same time.
But if the tournaments are very important, I think they are 6 or 8 tables to avoid losing the concentration of each tournament.

WOW...that's a lot of tabling...impressive

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
152202489e.jpg

I think hypertrophied multi-tabling is a thing of the past. Playing at 20-24 at the same time was relatively profitable when there was a fairly high rakeback in large poker rooms. This made it possible to name a low, and even zero, wine rate, but to make a profit by returning part of the rake paid. In fact, this increased the player’s final win rate.

Now almost all the main, large poker rooms have reduced rakeback to scanty values. At the same time, the level of field play has grown in recent years. Players should now think more about high profits at the table, rather than the number of tables and millions of hands played.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A great article. Thanks CC.

Its interesting to see how differently people play multi tabled and their reasons for doing so.

I love the comment from Ventoman, about comfortably playing 12 tables and shows a picture of someone (maybe himself) playing 18. The overlap issue on many sites is a real issue and I agree with Ventoman that comfort is destined to be achieved by the lack of table overlap.

It is also interesting to consider whether you are trying to win, or to improve. Playing fewer tables and allowing greater concentration will assist here.

The issue that your benefit falls from more than 4 tables is something lost on many people.

BB

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Our professional player can play 20 tables at once, how I make a decision, one has to make betting or calling a bet on 20 tables at a time, for me it would be impossible to play 20 table, I can only play 4 tables at once and even then with difficulty.

J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My sweet spot is 2 tables of zoom poker. 100-200 hands and then a break.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if you really want to make a profit in poker you should not play more than 4 tables, it is impossible to concentrate with so many tables, in addition the internet in my country is very bad, I get frustrated at every moment that the internet fails, the one that plays more than 7 or 8 tables only game by inertia can never apply some kind of strategy, it is my opinion

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good article, thanks !I can comfortably play at 6 tables at the same time, the laptop monitor does not allow me anymore!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usuall I play till 4 tables and most of the times 2-3 tables. Over these numbers you cannot focus to each game and you cannot study and watch the game and the hands and the boards that pass. Then there is another problem, that you cannot physically watch more than four tables and even if you have more screens, again it is very difficult to watch and analyse your game.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting numbers did not delve into this aspect. By trial and error, he himself came to the conclusion that the optimal number of tables for cash games is 2 quick poker tables, and 4 MTT tables. I will try to apply the numbers given in the article thanks, really useful information.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very interesting article and thoughts about multi tabling. I totally agree with Jeff. The more tables you play the more mistake you do and less winning rate you have. Personally I'm trying to play only on 2 tables.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowing yourself is very important to deside how manny tables to play. I know that as manny tables u play more u will win(even your winrate get a little lower) and you will put aside the variance influence in your game. But for me i allwais stat a new level playing 2 zoom tables and i get confortavle i start playing 3,and i see that my playing gets worse with 3 tables instead off 2.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Thank you Jeff. Very instructive stuff, though I personally can't take advantage of it, lol ! I barely can handle 2 tables !