Good luck or experience?

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone Then this happened. He played holden for more than 10 years and decided to go into Omaha and for free freerolls and raced. 1200 people 4. With 8 games in Omaha, 5 of them reached the prizes. What is a long experience? or weak freeroll players? Since experience in my Omaha 0

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am terrible at Omaha, but I often get ITM in the freerolls because so many others are bad. Too many villains think their straight is good when the board is suited, or their flush is good on a paired board.

I think getting ITM is not so much luck or experience, but patience. To get to the final table, you will need the experience (and of course the luck). Keep it going. If you get good at Omaha, you can do some serious damage. So few truly understand the game.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that a lot of people who are out of work have taken up limping full time, and the Roman philosopher Seneca once said “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am terrible at Omaha, but I often get ITM in the freerolls because so many others are bad. Too many villains think their straight is good when the board is suited, or their flush is good on a paired board.

I think getting ITM is not so much luck or experience, but patience. To get to the final table, you will need the experience (and of course the luck). Keep it going. If you get good at Omaha, you can do some serious damage. So few truly understand the game.
I wouldn’t say that there someone was waiting for something, when a person has a stack 2 times bigger than mine, he goes all-in after the 7-D-K flop with only a couple of 2-2

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oO

I think that a lot of people who are out of work have taken up limping full time, and the Roman philosopher Seneca once said “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

Honestly not comprehending quotes. Maybe I didn’t translate English correctly, because everything is bad with me :)

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Omaha is not my choice of game. However, I do play Omaha periodically. Omaha is a delicious plate, with variance in its curving surprises. You can win with a pair of deuces and also lose with quads. It's my kick back, relax and smile type of game. Tension gone, all is good. GOD bless you. P.S. Don't focus on other styles of playing, keep to what works for you. Lay low with good hand and smack'em at the river. Again, GOD bless you. Now go get'em!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All I was trying to say was there was a lot of new players playing and you should do well if you have worked on your game.

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They say it takes a little bit of both sides in this world.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls, it doesn't matter if the field is always weak in omaha or holdem. If you form yourself a bit and play tight enough you can achieve results.

I think at omaha, tight play and good timing are the key.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Actually, Omaha is more a game of nuts. No chances for nuts = you don't want to involve much into the pot. But like in every poker game, luck is more than welcome ;)

M

mottap14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think online poker is 65% of luck and 35% of experience and technique. But that is my thinking of it.

M

morthiman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mind skills

Here you can see how game is such a mindgame about emotional intelligence,

I didn't had to know ALL the technical things about OMAHA ir order to succeed, because you already got the meta with ur pasts THldm xps.

Andrey FRIFIN

Andrey FRIFIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Experience of course at a distance

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe you have to have a little of both, but the experience has to be more active than luck. Luck is always good to have but we can't always count on it. So know how to play before you get lucky in poker.

M

mrpig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone Then this happened. He played holden for more than 10 years and decided to go into Omaha and for free freerolls and raced. 1200 people 4. With 8 games in Omaha, 5 of them reached the prizes. What is a long experience? or weak freeroll players? Since experience in my Omaha 0

I think it 's just luck.
Too densely wins
Then there will be a band of constant losses.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck is experience in action. You play the cards you're most likely to be lucky with at the right time.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

it is good luck mixed with a lot of experience, and also the faotr of many players do not master omaha accurately, which makes life easier for many players!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these two things are important for playing poker, the more you play the more experience you have and naturally luck plays an important role

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that these two things are important in this game, but for me are more important the maths and strategy 😀

Sorry for my english 😬

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's more like 70% skill 30% luck

Mmm... and what do you think about Really famous players who sometimes don't get to money on tourmanetns?
They have good skills, but sometimes just don't have any normal cards to play...
And why did Victoria Coren Mitchell become the 2times EPT champion?
Does she play better then others? Or she has impressive skills?
Really?

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mmm... and what do you think about Really famous players who sometimes don't get to money on tourmanetns?
They have good skills, but sometimes just don't have any normal cards to play...
And why did Victoria Coren Mitchell become the 2times EPT champion?
Does she play better then others? Or she has impressive skills?
Really?
I don't know what you're trying to say.
'They have good skills, but sometimes just don't have any normal cards to play...' people need to understand that a lot of things affect how a player play. Sleep, mindset, skills etc. some people, even pros sometimes play a tournament just to play and they don't really care.

Sometimes luck gets in the way, of course. That's life. Without luck you won't succeed in life, luck is a part of life and it's a part of poker as well.

You should ask her but I think she plays better than others. Look at her placements in tournaments. You can't constantly be in top places with luck.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need them both ,i think its like 60% experience and 40% luck

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need both. It happened to me that during the whole tournament I only had bad cards, and yet I made some money. But on the other hand, I have good cards but I lose. I think both luck and knowledge are needed.