Game time (days a week, hours a day, time for rest)???

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody! I try to play poker periodically every day for 4-6 hours a day and 6-7 days a week. However, I began to notice that after 2-3 weeks of such a schedule, severe fatigue sets in. As a result of which I can then not go to the computer for a month. Now I try to experiment with the amount of time for the game (days a week, hours a day, time for rest). I ask you to share your experience in this matter.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play like that. When he was very tired, he began to drain money. Lost without a fight. Just gave it away. This made me very angry. I advise you to temporarily switch to something. It helps sex and new meetings. It’s necessary to be distracted at least for something to reappear the desire to play a lot. I have no desire for many years. Maybe you can do it.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker 2 hours a day and don’t feel tired:)

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play all day and half night but with breaks the main thing is that luck is on my side.

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody should experience what kind of schedule fits for them. I try to play every day for like 1-2 hours. I don't have time for more since I also have stuff to do in my regular life. If you feel tired with your current schedule, then I would change as quick as possible. Being tired means making bad decisions and losing.

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are tired you can’t be good at anything. Cept mabe sleeping :) I would say take a few days to a week off and reevaluate, you will see after a week off that you have a better perspective of things . I loved gaming and toke two weeks off and came back with a more balanced lifestyle..

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play almost every day, noticed that the best performance for playing poker at me begins in the morning from 9-10 o'clock, and until the evening to 17-18 o'clock, then the decline in performance begins, and the final decline comes after 1 o'clock in the morning, at night I just can't play well, always lose.So I try to play only in the morning and in the afternoon.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think it is best to play as long as it does not affect your body and your psyche. When you feel tired you should stop for rest. I find it tiring to play every day for several hours.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 hours is too little time to play tournament poker. There a good tournament can go 6 hours

Because of the emotional swings that come with them (and long hours) tournament poker is extremely exhausting. Even when I was playing MTTs 'full time' i did max 3 days a week.

I think the best balance of poker is one long mtt session per week with 2-3 shorter sessions during the week (turbos, hypers, sngs all can help you accomplish this). Combine that with some study sessions and you'll do great.

Just like athletes don't play everyday, poker players do better when they don't play everyday.

Some play time, some practice time, some study time and some off time all go together to make the perfect poker player. Here's a video I made on this a few years ago after running into the issue myself of playing and working myself to complete exhaustion :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Poker is a hobby for me, so I only play when I have free time and for my own enjoyment. Usually I play, 4-5 days a week, 3-4 hours a day.
Good luck.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, happy holidays, I play more than 8 hours a day, I rest on Sunday except for the CC freeroll, which is the only thing i play on sunday

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play everyday for about 6 hours and ,but with 7 or 8 hours of rest, I wake up with energy and willing to start a new session..Of course I don´t play the 6 hours in a row , I take some breaks and I don´t like to play too late..

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play 1 or 2 tournaments at the same time ad then I rest for the rest of the day hahahah

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that someone’s experience is unlikely to help you in this matter !!! This is too individual, since each player has his own endurance limit, both physical and emotional !!!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should find your own optimal schedule so that you can avoid becoming too tired. It is very important to have at least one (preferably two) days in the week without poker at all and use them to get some rest and practice your hobbies. Regarding the hours per day - i feel tired after 3 hours usually but some people are plying without any problem for much longer so it is something that you should discover for yourself.

M

MaZeee323

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My game time is very different from day to day. Sometimes I want to play the whole day sometimes I feel tired after 1 or 2 hours. ATM I play 4-5 hours because I have a lot of free time and nothing important to do, very good :)

Stu94

Stu94

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 3-4 hours of day and im not tired

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
must find the best way for you to feel comfortable and eager to play, each person is different in that matter of hours, check at what point you start to feel well, and reduces your playtime:driver::driver::driver::lollypop::lollypop::lollypop:

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started playing poker, I played for 6-7 hours almost every day and never got tired. Now I play a lot less and play mostly only when there is a desire to play.

direktor_vozduha

direktor_vozduha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any night. If there are no plans.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read some posts from other members and I agree that this influences each person and the level one wants to reach. If the intention is to become a professional, it will take longer than one who plays for fun

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my case I play whenever I can, if I start a tournament and have to do something else, I stop playing and dedicate myself to what I have to do. there will be time for another, being a poker star can wait

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play no more than 5 hours a day, and no more than 4 days a week. This way I never feel tired from the game and am always as focused as possible.

Top 10 Games