Freeroll to bankroll

B

Bigevil12888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on party poker and don’t deposit into my account very often. Instead I like to try and cash in Freeroll tournaments Once I cash what’s the best way to try and build my bank roll. Stick with tournaments or move to cash games

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Welcome to our community.
I agree with you. Freeroll is a good opportunity to build a bankroll. Playing freerolls, you do not risk your own money, in addition you have the opportunity to get a good experience for free.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I totally agree. I play online poker only on pokerstars, there are very few freerolls, but thanks to Cardschat, I built my bankroll.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The CardsChat Daily $100 at Pokerstars is a constant chance to start from scratch everyday.really amazing chance to avoid the need to deposit for a decent game...and the possibility every day of zero to hero.turned my couple of dollars win into $50 twice already.big thanks to CardsChat for these daily tourney's. Let's hope they can continue.gl all.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I, too, thanks cardschat, I have won tournaments a good site more than once !!! As always the best !!! :)

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freeroll are excellent in many ways, gain experience in tournaments environments, increase bankroll and no risk of losses. In my understanding the experience gained is the main factor that leads me to play.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a little of both
then a little more
then higher stakes

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on your skill. You try to play in all directions. And then choose for yourself what suits you best. Each player has his own inclinations and keep this in mind.

Distort99

Distort99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been reading alot about how people build bankrolls from nothing and like milka1605 said above, it all depends on you. i hear that the easiest and fastest way to build your bankroll is cash games, but me personally i like to stick to the low dollar tourneys and freerolls. it seems like the more money i pay for a tourney the worse i do. again though, all depends on the person.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Freerolls are a good opportunity to build your bankroll.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're cashing in freerolls then I would invest some of the $ in sng's. Playing in a 1-tbl sng, even a double-up or triple-up, puts the pressure on every plyr since the prize $ is at that table and not at the end of a series of tables, which you can use to your advantage. I'm sure there's a thread on sng strategy, here. Check that out and good luck.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on Party Poker and don’t deposit into my account very often. Instead I like to try and cash in Freeroll tournaments Once I cash what’s the best way to try and build my bank roll. Stick with tournaments or move to cash games
it depends what is your best low entry game. do you play cash or tourneys better. go with your strengths play your game and go from there. dont look at the value of the prize just try and gain as much value in the format that you play best. if im a good 2/5 player would i 100x my profit in a 200/500 game? probably not.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A great opportunity to start a bankroll.
But don't let the abundance of play combined with the presence of erratic players compromise good decisions. I'm curious to know if anyone has went from freeroll to a cash out?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Single tables SnG - something like 6 max are the best option IMHO.On the other hand no matter how good you are in MTTs you will always have to fight variance , it may take you many tournaments to get ITM and maybe many more to win a significant prize. That's a drawback but OK if you finish in top 3 positions it is a sweet feeling :D

If you feel confident in cash games I see no reason not to try them , it the most prompt way to increase your bankroll.

Personally I play some 6 max single table SnG and the CC freerolls since I am eligible to.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend SnGs. If they have double or nothings, then I would play them. That is how I built my roll ;)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A great opportunity to start a bankroll.
But don't let the abundance of play combined with the presence of erratic players compromise good decisions. I'm curious to know if anyone has went from freeroll to a cash out?

I've done that once when I played at Lock. Ironically it was in a depositors freeroll, lol. Won around $175 for 1st. Withdrew $150. :)

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are great to way to make free money to start a bankroll. Just gotta have the patience and right method of expanding the bankroll when you do get some funds in there. For me I have to stay away from cash games. Tournaments are the way to go in my eyes ...

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As noted by other players, freerolls are a good way to win a free bank, then you can invest money playing tournaments or SNG.
There is a player I admire, because she started playing freerolls, after having a bank, started playing sng, and she won thousands of dollars, his name is Annette Obrestad.
To have more opportunities to make money playing free tournaments, you have to play multiple poker rooms and play everything you can. gl:D

I

Ivo Carvalho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I'm coming to the site now for help, to evolve my game

I

Ivo Carvalho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
play a lot of time, I have an account on the PokerStars platform, I'm Brazilian I would like to participate in your freerolls

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to freerolls, what are the best platforms for US players? I thought everyone in the US just plays on ACR for the most part.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on Party Poker and don’t deposit into my account very often. Instead I like to try and cash in Freeroll tournaments Once I cash what’s the best way to try and build my bank roll. Stick with tournaments or move to cash games

I've lost sometimes that made money in tournament and lost in cashgame because it's more "fun and fast" my suggestion is to stay on where it is profitable, if you are not satisfied, stud others alternatives but do not move the money before that! ACR (AmericasCardroom) and 888poker have a reasonable number of freerolls at the moment.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On Sunday with 0.01 that I had in my partypoker account I played a Centroll which made me earn a $ 109 ticket with only one cent. If you manage to build a small bank, you should play those satellites

Distort99

Distort99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so since i last posted in here i have been exploring my options as far as cash games go. it is deff goes by your preference but i have been doing cash games on betonline and i have found it very useful. ive gained a couple thousand vip points in a short period of time and i have increased my bankroll by roughly $20 a day. its all up to you though at what your most comfortable with.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management