Fold to any bet (too fast makes it obvious)

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you find that on most online games if you click the 'fold to any bet' it goes by so fast that it makes it obvious to the other person that you didn't press check? Do you bet when you notice the other player has clicked that?

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you find that on most online games if you click the 'fold to any bet' it goes by so fast that it makes it obvious to the other person that you didn't press check? Do you bet when you notice the other player has clicked that?

Yes i've noticed it does fold very quickly but then i like to imagine it gives me Qudos for hastening the game and not slowing it down...

Sometime i would gladly give a few cents or a BB just to make the previous player hurry his play lol

Stop when the fun stops or when play has slowed to a crawl:eek::eek::eek:

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice that,sure every one see that you or anybodyelse click check/fold,i use that if i see he click check/fold on turn i raise on river maybe i win if he press that button again!!!

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh , It Depends. I usually click it when there are more than 2 other people in the hand. When I'm waiting on 3 other people to make a decision if I Know I have no way of winning even on a bluff I will click it and move onto the next hand.

N

nomorkevm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't matter to me whether they know or not as I usually only click it if I know I am not playing the hand no matter what.

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're getting out of the hand then I don't think it matters. If you're playing some hands after bets it shows that you won't fold to every bet. Also, if you use fold to any bet it might give the other person the false impression that you're not really paying attention. Maybe they will bet more thinking that they can keep getting you to fold. When you get a good hand you can take more chips from them.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is a full ring table I don't mind using that button, but when there are 4 players or less maybe i consider stealing the blinds with a wide range.

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you notice this, then this is a great reason to raise a bet. Of course it depends on the number of players at the table remaining in the game, your position, etc.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The next time I always make the minimum bets for such a player. I think this is a profitable approach :)

D

dferrari86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The next time I always make the minimum bets for such a player. I think this is a profitable approach :)

That’s an excellent idea! I never thought of it that way!

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a old book called "kill online poker" and I think the second installment was "kill everyone". tells you to never click fast fold box . That players can develop timing tells against you. I figured if never click that damn box and change up my timing on,folds . makes you harder to,time. But, this slows the game down . less hands per hour.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, Yes, it is a sign in online poker, if after your check your opponent immediately checks, then he has a weak hand and he is ready to throw it in a pass.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
�� I Like to pre-select „check“ with monsters... since most people seem to react with a „he is weak I can buy the pot here“ bet I get paid more than if i wound start the action myself...

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And then I bet thinking they'll fold and they raise. Tricked again.

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it can be used, but you need to be sure that the check / fold button was pressed in advance and you should not pay attention to the fold pressed in advance after raising from early position.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold to any bet too fast

I've been clicking the fold button whilst waiting for others ahead of me. At times it seems like I’m being picked on by players to my immediate right keep raising into me. Hmmm. Might have to rethink the clicking fold too quickly

georgel2384

georgel2384

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also fold, now i think this is a bad strategy

T

ThisCuteAsianGuy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing that those have those auto queues can mean a few things, one thing could be they are doing multiple tables... or they are really new and you can note when they actually have a playable hand when they are up for action.

I’ve been known this. But usually I’m running like 5-7 tables daily.

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times I also fold fast but not with frequence.

Arthrob

Arthrob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I always bet when I realize that the villain leaves this option checked, and that is a sign of a bad player. I always win the pot when that happens, it's a profitable play in the long run!

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If I am multitabling and I hold crap in early position i use it. Never in late position.

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I find that clicking those gives the table a read on my hand

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it’s something that lazy fish players do. I will do it if I’m in an early position and I’m in multiple tournaments.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use it for a laugh at cash tables. If I'm bluffing all the way and being called, when the opponent then takes a lot of time to work out how much to bet, only for an instant fold because I ticked that box. I've seen players tilt badly after that. I will usually comment on the amount of time they took while the tick was in the box all that time.

Folding in Poker