fold

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold in poker is an important decision that you need to be able to make at the right moment.Do you know how to stop during?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold in poker is an important decision that you need to be able to make at the right moment.Do you know how to stop during?
I agree with you that folding is an essential part of poker, but when to stop folding is a question that is not really understood, I fold a hand when I think I'm going to lose chips there is no such thing as stopping in a moment determined to fold nobody can think I've done fold many times and now I'll call anything just doesn't make sense

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm to win a tournament. you have to fold certain spots at the right time. Generally players bet too much and do not check or fold enough. when you have a good read of the game and you have accumulated information about your opponents during the game. it is easier to fold at the right time.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding is just as important as betting. You have to know when to do it, stack sizes, betting patterns, opponent information, your cards, community cards... It all factors into your decision to fold or not.

Folding a strong hand is one of the most difficult decisions a player has to make, specially if you're putting most of or all your chips in the line.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fill it in

Yes i am able to stop playing during an earthquake.
also i would probably stop if a volcano blew up next door, unless i had pocket aces , then i would ride it out.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding at the right time for me means not giving the opponent extra money with his best hand.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you have to know how to fold, seeing a possible better hand but not knowing a bluff is a big decision to make. I have folded many winning hands and called with many losing. I wish there was a cure. :)

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still find it difficult to tell a bluff from a strong hand. I've caught players bluffing many times observing. Some very loose players as well. But it seems every time I go up against these players they turn over the winning hand. Note that I am talking online not live.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
New players will call a lot to see if they get a hand. Reading the positions and the table, you begin to learn to fold more often.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In order to stop during, you need to feel the game well, to know the style of the game and the range of opponents. A good player should be able to fold top pairs, straights, flushes and other combinations. You also need to control your emotions and not succumb to provocations from opponents. All this knowledge and skills will give a good result.

Folding in Poker