TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ya'll!

Let's assume you sit at the cut off..

Q1: What is a good - standard - raise preflop without a raise?
Q2: What is a good - standard - raise preflop with a previous raise?
Q3: What is a good - standard - bet post-flop-turn-river?

Explanation...

I'm still building my bankroll so I play low stakees SnG's and touneys.

I'm still using beginner's strategies when playing poker: raise 5x the BB + 1 BB per player who called, raise 4-5x a raise, overbet the pot of 1/2-1 BB... the raise or fold strategy.

I have some success with this, but I want to elevate my skills and, alos, I hate when people do it to me all the time :D so I can fell all these who are ready to play a hand and, suddenly, BANG! The hand stops or they shove most (all) their chips. It also don't work well past a certain stage in a tourney.

Since a week I started to lower my bets, but it looks like under a 5x raise, everybody calls with almost anything and can crack any high pair with a straight between 7 and 2.

I also thought that it's impossible to elevate my skills playing low states.

What do you thing? What is... (go back up at the beginning :D)

-TRP-

P.S. : I maybe have 7-2:rolleyes:

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure how to answer your specific scenarios. But as for improving your skill level, that's easy. Twitch has some really good streamers playing at different stakes. I think Matt Staples is one of the best who built a roll from playing micro stakes and is now up to around 60k. They give great commentary on all their decisions. If you watch, you can't help but improve your decision making.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean, what is a reasonneable raise orther then 5x or more when you're at the cut off position and first to talk? Double (looks cheap and just disturbing) 3x? 4x? 2.75? 3.145925?:D

I'm watching on twich I discovered Matt recently.. Jaime Staples also does that sort of broadcast. It starts helping a bit.. Thanks for confirming that it's a good thing to do!!!
Not sure how to answer your specific scenarios. But as for improving your skill level, that's easy. Twitch has some really good streamers playing at different stakes. I think Matt Staples is one of the best who built a roll from playing micro stakes and is now up to around 60k. They give great commentary on all their decisions. If you watch, you can't help but improve your decision making.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won't change my game much to the table. I will adjust some, but I try to set the pace, not let others set it for me. If the 5x is what everyone else is doing, I would probably do something like a 3x or 3.2x. If they see you showdown with a monster and you only raise 3x pre flop, you just set the tone and they will fear you.

M

Mp10star

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a combination of luck and psychology, in my opinion a good player is one who correctly plays a strong hand

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck, only luck... i m not in a good luck moment. Dont matter how you play, in this moments you will loose