Does online play bore you? Online vs Live

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't get into online games...bores me...what is you're take on online vs live games?

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I only play online and I find it comfortable. The only thing that I see differently and that bothers me compared to live is RNG that directly affects me

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only times I've played live has been against my friends, we do it more than anything for fun, when I play against them online it doesn't feel the same, I just can´t soul read them.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't find it boring at all. The action comes fast enough to keep me from getting bored. Sure the conversation isn't the same as it is in a live setting. Then again I wouldn't expect it to be. In a live setting you might get guys telling stories or jokes, or talking about this or that. Online, all you seem to get is belligerence, if anything. And that's fine. I just ignore the chat and keep an eye on the stats and watch old episodes of poker shows. But when the game gets good and I'm really into it, none of that matters anyway. I get so super focused in on the action that I might not notice things going on around me. But I'm usually not bored.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm playing live with my friends, live poker is so much more fun than online poker. But if I'm playing with unknown persons, I prefer to play online because I can play in several tables at the same time.

K

kkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If online poker bore you just open more tables.
Some wrote to do other things while playing, i think that's a bad idea if you really want to make money.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love online poker. I can do more tables if I like or I can do 1 table and watch a show in the back ground or do other things sometimes too.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Yeah if you play only one table and doing nothing else at the same time sure it will be boring somehow. For me I tend to play at least 2 tables so i don't wait much time for the next hand. Usually if i play one table i'm watching TV in paralel.

B

Bigfish420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven’t played much live poker but it is more exciting than online poker

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I can only play online poker presently but it does bore me at times.

Its is not the game of poker itself - I love so much about it. It's is the manner in which people play. There is a lot of poor poker played. It's a cliché that this is good because you can take advantage of it. Yes, sometimes you can and sometimes you lose a flip. That is not the point however. It just strikes me after playing a lot of hands in the last few years that I am investing a lot of time and energy into something which is played at times quite dreadfully.

I used to think poker was a sophisticated game and that image has tarnished a little. At the low points I can get bored playing at times.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
cash

Good morning everyone.
I'm watching video of good players, who explain that bad bet is part of the game and that it is part of the routine of all poker players, but I confess that it makes me a little discouraged, not as much as before.
I am playing a lot of zoom cash game, which is a game that bores much less than Mtts and sit´go, it is much easier to be profitable playing cash, if you know a little bit about mathematics, technique and have a little patience, your bankroll will increase every day, in cash I don't even have to bluff to be profitable in NL2, NL5.
There was a hand I played in NL10, where I played less than 10 hands, which I said I will only play AA, and when I caught a villain he raised from EP with AQo, to 2.5x,
hero in MP with AA, 10X 3bet
villain cc, flop 9c As 2d, villainbet 7x pot 28,5x
Turn Qc, hero check
villain bet 20x
hero All in
villain CC
I won a pot of $ 23.00
I thought about the All in turn, because there are some rives that can kill the move, and due to the size of the villain's bets I knew it was a strong hand, I figured he was with QQ, more like I had Nuts, I sent All in, very quiet.:cool:

Attachments

• ganhei pote de 120 reais na NL10 zoom     27 07 2020.jpg
    ganhei pote de 120 reais na NL10 zoom 27 07 2020.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 35
Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play online and sometimes I do get bored of playing poker,so I don't play it every day.

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually prefer to play online because we can do other things while playing and it dont need much effort to play.

But still sometimes i miss playing some tournament live, betting real chips, chatting with the others on your table(it's NOT like online). It's a really nice atmosphere.

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont understand how online poker can be boring. You can play various variants of poker, choose best stakes for you and play as many tables as you want. For me it makes online poker way better than live

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

The live game also has its own atmosphere. I could put it this way, one is good for that and the other is good. Others play live and online. I love both. I could never stop either.

Szyilard

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online Poker

Online poker can be boring at times if you are the type of person who wants to communicate and have fun or chat with the other players. On the other hand it's much faster especially if you play more than one tables at the same time.

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way is online poker boring because you should be playing more than one game at a time compared to live where you have no choice but to play one table.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
There is actually no comparison between online and live poker when it comes to being bored or not. The online speed keeps you busy most of the time, let alone if you are multitabling. On the other hand, live play is way much slower and can be boring as hell.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing single table, online is way borer than live.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can't get into online games...bores me...what is you're take on online vs live games?

Winning is far more exciting vs. losing. Give it a try! ;)

If you study poker, pokerstudy, I'm sure *your game, bankroll, level of enthusiasm & excitement will increase immensely. If not, *you're doing something wrong (imo)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Live games never bore me, I spend every second studying every players actions. Where as online, I only have hud stats (if lucky for the site to allow it) or snap calls or slow calls...

Cards are only a fraction of the game. I dont like to multitable unless it’s the microstakes where the players just have no clue what they are doing.

Multitabling against decent opponents takes away from my quality decision making. This is just me personally.

We all have our own preferences, there is no right or wrong answers:)

I will say though that the freerolls bring a great level of real competition to the game for the most part as most care about the dynamics of the game and aren’t just going all in to get lucky. They are also entertaining because you are certain you are playing against real players, not bots or possible super users.

Last edited:
jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live games excite me more , I like to shuffle my chips when I play, in fact when I play online a have a stack of chips right next to me to shuffle....I do t know why but it makes me feel comfortable

Organize a Home Poker Game