Do you use preset buttons for bet sizes or type in your own number?

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When making bets before or after the flop online, do you use preset buttons, customized buttons or enter your own number? Do you treat a bet differently if someone obviously took the time to enter it compared to clicking a button?

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes I do it.
These buttons are a good tool anyway.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, sure it helps. But sometimes it's useful to bet 1/2

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preset buttons are a good thing and I use them, but I often have to push the slider to play the stakes I want.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't use the button for sizes in bets other than minimum, 1/2, or pot. Because the longer you think about the size, the fewer mistakes there will be in the hands. And other players will think your hand is better than it really is.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly just use my personally generated pre-set betting scales. It makes life much easier and faster.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Almost always I use my customized buttons postflop , I use 33% , 48% , 66% , Pot , sometimes I change those numbers based on the circumstance!

Pre flop I keep things simple as for the pre flop open raise sizes , I open 2.5x-3x when the stacks are super deep 100+bbs and after that I don't bother much with the 2.1x or 2.2x I min raise the unopened flop.

In cash games I open raise everything 2.5x and post flop I have almost the same bets and sometimes some overbets.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth so far I could not get used to the buttons I know they would be easy dough because I would not have to be looking for many things and I would do it quickly and have more time to make a decision

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty lazy preset is easy. Have used the slider and typed bet.You wonder if I bet 777 do I got a set?

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those Buttons are really convenient especially since they can be customized, most of the time i use them ;)

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use buttons customized by myself but that doesn't mean I don't use a different bet size in a particular situation

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently set my own percents and I really like it. The presets just dont match to the way I like to bet. I seem to save a few blinds in the long run.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of time I use the preset buttons. The difference is I customize the bet percentages so that I get an idea of what I like to bet.

A few times I like to type in the bet just because I prefer the bet more rounder than an odd number.

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I'm following standard bet sizing if I'm RFI betting post-flop. The only time I manually enter a number is when I'm 3 or 4 betting, taking into account the amount of the villain's bet and how many others are currently in the pot.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use preset buttons because its easier. I believe that sizes don’t hace to be precise at a cent level, just the order of magnitude. I can easily have a 70% size for big bets, 50% for medium bets and 35% for small bets.
I think that if you take your time to bet, it gives the impression that you are thinking more about the hand, and a bet seems more “risk calculated” if you take yout time, as opposed to bet quickly in 5 seconds with the preset button. What do you guys think about this?

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use preset buttons to find out 25% of pot for example but then manually trim my bet to exact value I want to bet. That way I don't misclick my bet too big/low by accident.

G

goozfrahbah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it just depends, sometimes i'll use the presets but sometimes to represent strength i'll use a mixture of more random numbers

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT 34% 54% 75% 100% of bank cash games default buttons

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most often I use preset buttons. Very rarely I enter the value myself.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes, I use always preset buttons.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pre-configure my bet sizes on the buttons, as for the fact that someone spent time entering the bet manually, I respect this.

hyfl

hyfl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use personalized bet sizes on the desktop App. Unfortunately, pokerstars mobile application doesn't allow to configure personalized button for bet sizes :/