Do you have a method to call a bluff on online poker?

J

jjny88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always tried to read the players actions but I seem to play to defensive and then once I get confident I lose it all :(

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the classic is all in...the other is raise a bit till the end

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes if they double the raise from the first bet or even if they push on the river its worked a couple of times

I

icandonkyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just depends on how everything is going on the table. Just like everything in poker nothing is certain, or played a certain way. It varies from person to person, and even table to table.

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go back and think how the hand went down, if the play makes sense... very hard to make a good decision without history with that player

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually I play when I have strong cards. But there are moments when intuition tells me what to do. At such moments, I always succeed in bluffing.

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I think about, what they pretend to have, once they raise or bet.
If it's not plausible I call them down.
(if low pairs don't improve)

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffers.

If I have good cards I will raise the bluffer, otherwise I just fold and wait to trap them later.

rafikjan

rafikjan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
learn the bluff by 100% only then when you have learned your opponent very well for a couple of hours, then I think with you will be luck at the table

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
If you do not know very well the opponent style and range, than the only key to recognize bluff is to make very precise relation between the board cards and opponent's raising sizes. Just take a look on how strong is your hand and what possibly the opponent could have in his hand. Compare these possibilities with his previous bets - in order to find any strange move. If there are a few possible stronger hands to beat yours - then it is time to punish him :p

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in poker there are three types of bets: the first is a bluff, the second is a bet to get chips and a bet that would understand where you are in the draw, very often it's a pretty big bet !!! do you use all kinds of bets ??? and the aggressor is much more profitable than playing from the defense!

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nop i play with opponents and i small bluffs :D :D

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's been suggested above that an all-in bet is often a bluff. My experience has generally been the opposite. It may be a sem-bluff on the flop or the turn (i.e. the player is definitely still in the running to actually win the hand) but not likely a pure bluff. A smaller bet on the river 'out of the blue' is more likely a bluff than a shove would be. It just happened to me yesterday, and yes, it was a bluff. On the other hand a shove on the river almost always means the better has the goods and is looking to grab maximum value at the end.

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The truth is sometimes difficult to know when a player is bluffing and other times it is very easy to detect a bluff, but for this it is necessary to have observed very well the movements of the players in each play.
Speaking of a hand in particular for me everything will depend on the action of the player at the table before the flop.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it will work but also remember not one player is the same as the other so observe who your doing this to and there table tendencies

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the purpose of the bluff. A half-pot bet is a lot like a bluff. In General, the idea of a bluff is any bet with a weak card. in order to make a call unprofitable on the part of the opponent.

G

geoff4376

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me it comes down to whether or not the bet makes sense. If I don't think that the villain could possibly have the hand they are representing (based on how the hand played out), I'm either calling or raising.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always tried to read the players actions but I seem to play to defensive and then once I get confident I lose it all :(

It’s player specific....

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe you when you are saying that once you get confident you lose everything; probably happened to you few times(perhaps you lost a hand playing like this with a big pot on the table) and that's why remained you in the mind that when you play like this you lose. Actually you may win nice pots playing defensive but you have to know when to do it and against who;).

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a big mistake.
Many confuse taking confidence with knowing how to bluff.
the important thing is to know at what moment you are going to throw a bluff; for example if you go bluffing. you're 23 and you see that your opponent is paying because you can not

Misely31

Misely31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The bluff is an art, and all the arts require work and dedication hahaha. The bluff is one of the most beautiful components of poker, it is what makes it magical and special, in my opinion. Without the possibility of cheating your rivals, without being able to steal, pretending to have big plays when in fact you have nothing, the game becomes much more tedious, monotonous and boring. He would always win the best play of the table. That's why I bluff a lot on the table, I like them

B

B1961579

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes your intuition will tell you when someone is bluffing, but other times it's really hard to get a read on players online. My rule is let them have it if it's a small pot and I don't have squat. If it's a bigger pot, I try to reason out the sequence of events to see if their bet makes sense. Either way, I'll usually only make the call if I have a reasonably strong hand.

I agree with an earlier poster who said the bluffs make the game more interesting. When I'm in a groove, I like to occasionally throw in some well-timed bluffs. It's especially sweet if you can repay someone who you know has been bluffing you. Good luck at the tables!

LeChifre

LeChifre

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Analyses the way they played the hand pre-flop through to river & you should be able to get a very good idea of their likely holdings.

I love the busted flush bluffs, they are the easiest to read!

:jd4: