Do you change your style?

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you change the way you play online when you jump from Cash type game to a MTT or a SNG. I dont see much difference other than the ICM makes you play super tighter. But ultimatly it feels like i play the same on all three different game styles. Good thoughts maybe i can learn something.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournament poker you need a good endgame for when you are short stacked. Cash games you can top up so it plays like early stages of a tournament when you have a big stack.

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least twice or three times per tournament, depending on several factors. The important part here is adapting to the environment.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i could change my tactic depending on the situation of the game. anyway i only talk about sit&go or tournaments because i don't play cash i really suck there.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mainly play MTT and S&G, and I don't change my style either there or there until I get into the prize zone, and when I get into it, I already pursue other goals, and my style of play, of course, can vary.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never change my style, I always try to play solid, and concentrated, today I played a pair of bad jacks for not re-raising on the pre flop and not re-raising on the flop, Q 8 6 came out and I only paid the bet it had to be a raise, in the silver cardschat tournament.

patience makes the player persistent.

T

TheBackpack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are supposed to change your style to the opposite of your opponent to achieve max value.

Your welcome lol

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
while I am playing poker I change my style every time, it depends on how far you gone in tournament. in my opinion playing only one style is not useful)

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I do tend to change my style once it starts getting to the latter stages, I don’t know if that’s a mistake but I think surely you have to adjust your strategy according to the players you are playing

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
There is separate literature on cash and tournament games, so obviously the method of play is different.
One large difference is blind play.
In tournaments stealing blinds and dead chips is of extreme importance or you will blind off as the blind size grows.
If you are playing a cash game where the blinds are 5/10 cents say, you can afford to wait for the better hands and there is no real imperative to steal.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how many BBs you have.

MatiasGomez

MatiasGomez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally don't change the way I play. But depending on how many blinds I have I can modify my style of play. Always talking about MTT. I'm cash games it is almost impossible to change my style of play.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do I change my style

I always say you gotta adapt to who you playing.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes players are forced to change the style of play. But in general, I play the same game everywhere.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many factors affecting my game, from time to time I change it, it all depends on the situation

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Different game structures require various approaches. The tight style pays off at the big table in a cash game, but you'll have to actually survive in MTT or SNG. The level of risk is completely dissimilar, if you are not forced to it.

F

Fox12319

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play different in cash games and tournaments.

In tournaments you have to adapt you style during the tournament and depending on your stack level / phase of the tournament / stack-level of you opponents ->therefor you anyway have to change you style in MTTs.
In Cash Games i always play a tight aggressive style which helps in a lot of situations in MTT, but at least at the bubble i even play tighter and less aggressiv if i am not much ahead all stacks at the table.

B

BrazilBrazil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing online is a bit complicated, there are a lot of hands in less time, so I try to play with caution, getting aggressive with few chips ...

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely play differently in tournaments as compared to cash games.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you have to adapt to the type of game and to each table you are playing. It means changing quite a lot your style.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to adapt your poker style depending on many situations not only icm, for example its not the same playing 200bb deep and 20 bb deep, also in a tight table you should get involved in more hands and in a very loose table you should adapt a more tight aggresive poker style. in conclusion most of the decisions you make at the table should depend on your chipstack, villains chipstacks and villains poker style.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes but in a dumb way. worse i'm running more i tilt and play more hands/aggressive.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to be flexible. I am considering different styles.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play cash games. I don't think there is enough difference between multi-table S&G and MTT to make big changes. Anyway, I always change my style of play to be unrecognizable so much that even I don’t even get to know myself in the mirror after a while.:D