Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do I need programs?

I ask this question for many years

what is the meaning of the program?

playing a tournament program is beneficial. but playing 3max spin go?

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
who uses what programs and are there free

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For micro limits I do not think it's necessary, for medium or more levels, if they can help you more, and you can earn more money with the help of these programs.

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to purchase for free?

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to purchase for free?

Thats a very good question.
I dont think its possible to buy something for free.
purchasing implies the exchange of goods or service for money. If money does not change hands has a purchase taken place?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always played without any programs. I do not consider it necessary to do this.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Poker is an information game and using all tools at your disposal would make sense.

It is not though necessary or needed a priori by any means, in my opinion. Depends also on what is your goal, if you would like to play poker more professionally or if its just a hobby. You can see many pros not using them but rather looking up players individually and then noting them.

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but the program only draws its conclusions on what has already happened, but it won’t say what the person will do with AA call or raise 3bet

a person can do different things with one hand

Last edited by a moderator:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For micro limits I do not think it's necessary, for medium or more levels, if they can help you more, and you can earn more money with the help of these programs.
I agree. The play is so erratic at the micro levels (and in my view low & med levels) that a HUD isn't likely to help.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play poker with the program, the same as solving crosswords knowing in advance half the correct answers, there is no pleasure

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play poker with the program, the same as solving crosswords knowing in advance half the correct answers, there is no pleasure
that's it;) everything should be a mystery. and then some cheats;)

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you ask yourself the question from time to time, then you need it!
If you want to improve your game skills, poker add-on programs are very effective, also useful is 3max spin go.

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you ask yourself the question from time to time, then you need it!
If you want to improve your game skills, poker add-on programs are very effective, also useful is 3max spin go.
They tried to tell me how. but I still do not understand in HM.

Yauhenik

Yauhenik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
need

Of course you need programs, at least to analyze your game, it helps me in the MTT, but now the rooms refuse many programs:star:

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I need programs?

what is the point of the program?

game tournament schedule is helpful. but play spin 3max go?
I never used the program think best player can win without programs. The programs have additional information that you strains

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I miss the old random number generator software. I had PS Cracked, along with it. It worked for the most part. The thing nowadays, is that there are so many sites, to the point testing is almost impossible. An odds calculator for online poker does not make any sense. You have to feel it. An odds calculator will not tell you when you're running hot or badly.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is an information game and using all tools at your disposal would make sense.

It is not though necessary or needed a priori by any means, in my opinion. Depends also on what is your goal, if you would like to play poker more professionally or if its just a hobby. You can see many pros not using them but rather looking up players individually and then noting them.

Sorry, but where have you seen an online poker pro, who doesn't use HUD? :rolleyes: If the Twitch poker streams come to your mind then I have to tell you something you don't know. You actually have to add to stream HUD separately from a poker table as it's another program and they usually don't stream HUD for the reasons. I bet some people wouldn't like that everyone can see their stats on stream and would complain to that streamer about sharing crucial data, that can be used against them. :icon_stud

I personally use many kinds of software, starting with HUD and other little helpers and ending with software for studying and understanding better how poker works. ICM and Equity calculators, Postflop solver, GTO Solver.
Online poker is a very tough world nowadays and you won't go far without using any tool to help you to get an advantage against villains and without studying daily with additional software.

On the other hand, I agree with that statement - if you're just playing freerolls and micros (the smallest stakes), buying any software and learning poker deeply with them is way over the top. You only need that, when you start taking poker seriously and really get ambitious to climb up the limits.

Last edited:

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think not, but if the information of the rivals is useful, since you can see ranges with which he plays

J

jkt2000

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so, mainly to improve your game.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tried to use. Can't say I'm impressed. Creates the illusion that you know everything about the player. But the problem is that there is a tendency to change the style of play of the opponent. Hence obviously false information. In General I refused

Trillian

Trillian

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you want to perform session reviews and analyse your game, a database like Pokertracker or Holdem Manager is essential. There is indeed a free (free like in free beer and like in free speech) program and it's called free poker Database (FPDB). It also is very useful to play around with equity calculators, which are free too. Try this one https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep, if you want to play more professionally, you need some software. i use hand2note, and it really helps me to made some hard decisions.

W

wallyworld127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GOOD or NO GOOD

Do I need programs?

what is the meaning of the program?

playing a tournament program is beneficial. but playing 3max spin go?

I used to use programs and it honestly gave me a good idea of what hands aggressive people play and what hands tight people are playing os that is really what i s used it for i dont now even though it would be no means be unhelpful just got used to playing without it. its a tool and knowing how to use it is important.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not even know what to say about it, I have never had them, perhaps the program and something to help in the online game, and live I think will not help