Distractions

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a 9year old step daughter and twin 10 month old boys and I find myself getting distracted a lot. Does anyone else need it to be calm around you to play better?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Yes, without a doubt the issue of concentration during play is very important. If you can not play focused, then it is best not to play at all. Try playing at night when your kids are already asleep.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely. At least for me i need to be focused only on the game to play my best.

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i use my phone to see a video while i play and i get really distracted and that lose

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to be distracted a little bit.
Otherwise I get bored

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament, I definitely need peace and quiet.If someone is by my side, it's harder for me to concentrate.But as time goes on and my focus is only on the tournament, I don't mind if someone is beside me.But,it's definitely easier when you're alone. :) :) :)

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you are serious about the game, you definitely need to avoid any and all distractions. Life happens and poker sometimes takes second place.

Wright

Wright

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that when the game is boring you can get distracted. I then listen to music or browse the news on my smartphone. However, when the higher stakes game starts and you are closer to the final table, then it's worth focusing more on the game and watch the tournament more closely.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play poker I don’t give anyone the opportunity to interfere with me. This makes it very difficult to play poker.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's just a few freeroll games then it doesn't really matter what's going on in the background. But definitely for a big buyin or pizepool MTT you need to be free from that stuff

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Distraction is the worst thing in poker, if you are distracted by something you are sure to lose.

S

Sora do poker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Without a doubt, the best time to play is at night, silence helps with concentration

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there.Obviously,you will give your best in your game if you have no distractions..Be concentrated is essencial during your poker sessions..

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also have 2 children. My son is only 3 months old. I understand you perfectly:D

winpot301

winpot301

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to be allone , because i don't like to be distacted when i play poker.:cool:

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not ok if you are distracted a lot..better to not attend the tables. If you can find some times when they sleep would be nice

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think calmness is one of the main conditions for winning. Everything goes downhill when someone interferes with you.

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two and Half Man or The Big Bang Theory

This is the advantage of living alone and being a single, but I put the series Two and Half Man or The Big Bang Theory while playing and maybe that distracts me a little ... hehehe:D

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do not enjoy playing poker around people that aren’t into it

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The only distractions I have is my music playing on the backround , netflix , twitch , some youtube videos , lol . But the biggest distractions are some bad beats I might have on one poker table , screwing the fun , the mood , and making me lose the focus on all other tables , generally for this poker session ;)

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no doubt!
you need to stay focused while playing.

a little lack of attention can compromise your tournament

80abukaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a 9year old step daughter and twin 10 month old boys and I find myself getting distracted a lot. Does anyone else need it to be calm around you to play better?
Concentration for sure is important, you should take some free time for your hobbies and make sure someone can take care of them.

T

Taktik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t have any irritants, but it’s not a doubt, like everywhere else, the irritants are the same as in poker as in ordinary life.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Wait til they go to sleep.
Or use NyQuil. Jk

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody needs quite and conscntration(
Especially when you play tourny and a dog wants to walk)))
They can be rether persuasive:)

And husband:)