ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello friends. I will talk to you about the difficult situation of playing poker in Venezuela, this is due to the constant power cuts that occur in some places in our country (in some more than others) those who live in the capital do not go through these problems. I will give as an example the place where I reside: in just one day more than 5 power outages can change each one of 2 or more hours, this added to the poor quality of the signal of the different telephone operators; About 10 interruptions occur a day, which greatly hinders the internet connection. Cheers

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Ramdon,

I'm Sorry to hear about your situation, I imagine most things are very tough in your country from the occasional things we hear on the news?

I imagine that you've already tried to think of every remedy already, but If I was faced with a power interruption I'd play on a mobile, tablet or low energy device that would keep going through outages and run internet off 4G if that was available, although my guess is that isn't the case.

I guess you can at least download/print out study materials for when you have outages?

My hope for you is that you'll somehow get a better government who can improve your situation, Venezuela shouldn't be having basic problems.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Very sad. I hope your situation will improve in the near future.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Venezuela dying and the world looking the other way, I do not understand why the governments of the world allow this genocide, Why the world powers do not unite to overthrow that tyrant government, there is sufficient evidence to show that it is a narco-terrorist government, UNTIL WHEN?

P

pohewa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends. I will talk to you about the difficult situation of playing poker in Venezuela, this is due to the constant power cuts that occur in some places in our country (in some more than others) those who live in the capital do not go through these problems. I will give as an example the place where I reside: in just one day more than 5 power outages can change each one of 2 or more hours, this added to the poor quality of the signal of the different telephone operators; About 10 interruptions occur a day, which greatly hinders the internet connection. Cheers

I'd say find the most stable window during the day, and only play during those hours.

skaniol

skaniol

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Poker is a game involving a lot of gambling already. When you add the risk of going offline, it may easily become -EV. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do, especially if the internet connection is unreliable. You can compensate the power outages by the use of battery powered devices or/and UPS, but the bad internet is going to ruin all of your efforts anyway.

Definitely stay away from all kinds of tournaments, if they have a buy-in. Cash games aren't without a risk too. Perhaps a supper aggressive push-fold strategy is necessary. Games with deep stacks and a lot of players involved in pots should be avoided, because a single hand there takes longer to complete on average, so the risk of going offline mid-hand is higher.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game involving a lot of gambling already. When you add the risk of going offline, it may easily become -EV. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do, especially if the internet connection is unreliable. You can compensate for the power outages by the use of battery-powered devices or/and UPS, but the bad internet is going to ruin all of your efforts anyway.

Definitely stay away from all kinds of tournaments, if they have a buy-in. Cash games aren't without risk too. Perhaps a super aggressive push-fold strategy is necessary. Games with deep stacks and a lot of players involved in pots should be avoided, because a single hand there takes longer to complete on average, so the risk of going offline mid-hand is higher.
Id buy a generator myself to compensate as well as a ups. Unless they can get a generator with a built-in ups..

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If had power interuptions like that and so often then I would not even bother to try to play online poker. It would not be worth the aggrevation to me. Bad enough when you lose connection for even a brief moment with the internet.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Venezuela dying and the world looking the other way, I do not understand why the governments of the world allow this genocide, Why the world powers do not unite to overthrow that tyrant government, there is sufficient evidence to show that it is a narco-terrorist government, UNTIL WHEN?
That was the case in Uganda t oo....Idi Amin did as he pleased and the world looked the other way, or laughed, or both. And what about Robert Mugabe....what he did to Zimbabwe. And now it seems Trump wants to trash America for his own ends....politics is a disgusting mess

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difficult is a very subtle word for the current situation in Venezuela, something like saying the 7 plagues of Egypt are happening at the same time. I can mention them 1 chavez and the chavistas 2 1000% corruption 3 inflation 4 without basic services 5 traitors and facilitators 6 drug traffickers ruling 7 mature

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very bad and real shame that country with such amount of oil have problems even with basic services. It is hard to imagine how incompetent and corrupted government should be to allow this to happen. I hope that your situation will improve soon. Regarding the poker playing - well playing from mobile device may be your best bet as it should handle few hours without power on battery with ease. Internet connection is worse problem but generally mobile network is usually better protected against power outages compared with normal ISPs so if you have mobile data play via it. Poker clients generally do not require much traffic or high speed so it should be ok. As already mentioned you should avoid MTTs and focus on sit and go or cash so that you are not too affected if you are disconnected.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm so sorry because I know how annoying it is when it happens to us.

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is super complicated, I am from Valencia Venezuela, and I know what you mean, that's why I only play cash, because it makes it very angry to play 3 or 4 hours so that the electricity goes out and you do not manage to collect anything

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The internet in Venezuela does not work

It is not a secret for anybody, that the internet service in my country is lousy, not to mention the number of times that there can be dips or light outages. that's why I prefer to play cash than tournaments. Taking into account that in cash if the internet goes away you only lose that hand, but in tournament you can lose hours of play without being able to play the end of the tournament, due to a bad internet connection.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Maybe it's time for smaller nations to learn how to help themselves instead of waiting for the "world powers" to solve their problems. The US will not risk a war with Russia over Venezuela.

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those inflation rates are insane

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.Venezuela deserves to be in a better situation.Unfortunately,corrupt governments has ruined your country.Reganding to poker,if I were in your shoes, it would be frustating to play online that way.Better luck in your future .

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know it is amazing that such a situation is in Venezuela in an oil country .. Venezuela does not go global with countries ... does not want to go on about the world government .. in the country there is corruption and unemployment ... many problems exist here .. the same situation was with countries CIS of 90 years .. in obscure countries they gave light for two hours a day .. there was neither heating nor electricity ... Jews as the middle ages ... now the sejax has slowly returned to normal but the pandemic interferes with a normal life .... like this, we play in poker!

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand what you are saying I am from Caracas the capital and still the internet is scarce and low when you least expect them, playing poker was an escape from the situation but it has become very difficult so now I dedicate myself to participate in the cardschat league and one or another freeroll that I can play and I think that some comrades sometimes get annoyed with me when disconnections happen to me and I take time to play, not only is it difficult to oppose this murderous regime where civilians confront the military who use force with the intention of killing and politicians who live deceiving people

K

Kantin0

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In argentina we are on the way to resemble Venezuela shortly, with this of the COVID-19

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

sad and difficult situation, and to think that Venezuela was a regional power, depressing what happens with the social situation of the envious with success of others, is a very well elaborated conspiracy against the growth and social development of the "masses".

:cool:

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being Latin American, it is difficult to understand how our rulers are so disastrous, corrupt, without common sense and they do not mind leaving the increasingly impoverished countries:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry for you, buddy. In your case, it remains to play from mobile devices and connect to the mobile Internet. A similar problem is observed in the southern regions of Russia, btw. Perhaps buying a diesel generator or moving to a more stable region of the country will help you overcome the obstacles to connecting. Good luck and prosperity to your country and your people!

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the same situation is everywhere, you just have to wait and believe that everything will work out.