ddos attacks

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so all these ddos attacks what are they all about? what is there to gain by running them on all these poker sites? It really has me wondering. I know that ddos stands for something denial of service but is it done just to say uyou were able to do it? I dont know is there anyone who can explain it?

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from this can only win rivals poker sites. otherwise, who needs it, or hackers who will ask for a reward. now all sites have good protection, and ddos attacks can disguise themselves under the hacking of user accounts to pick up the balance. no one will tell you specifically who and for what it does until you see it in the news. and maybe you will not see it at all

just my opinion...

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gyry is right, these are usually done by groups to try and get some sort of ransom in exchange for stopping these attacks. It happens to many large companies/service providers outside of Poker as well.

The general consensus these days, along with just the security getting better, and them getting easier to mitigate/take care of quickly.. most companies won't give in to the demands.

jwood224

jwood224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My God,these ddos attacks are so annoying,i know that party poker was struck,i heard some countries could still play during the attack also,then pokerstars got hit,i think they refunded the players considering their equity at the time of the disconnection,and the last i know was 888,there it was horrible,i couldn't play for like a week i think,i almost gave up on playing poker on 888 again.

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so all these ddos attacks what are they all about? what is there to gain by running them on all these poker sites? It really has me wondering. I know that ddos stands for something denial of service but is it done just to say uyou were able to do it? I dont know is there anyone who can explain it?

I recently did a job at the university on this subject. DDos attacks are basically a way to overload the bandwidth of the servers and leave them saturated so that we can not enter. It is also true that these attacks have no way of violating the security of our accounts or the software of the room. That is why it is called a 'denial of service'. His objective I think is very concrete and they manage to fulfill it with a lot: the cancellation of tournaments, the eventual compensation to the players, the cost in the image of the company, the fact of losing money for not having the active server, in short: harm to these companies.