crying & complaining playing online. LOVE IT :)

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players hate to see it.. Some players are those players.. And some players like myself thinks there is nothing better than while you are playing your online tournament to watch a hand go down and see the frustration/anger of someone after they Blow a gasket after a hand. Weather or not you were involved in the hand, the one they are mad at or you're just at the table and see it. UNREAL!! You stupid Donkey!! You are the Worst player I've ever seen!! etc...of course we all know it's usually more vulgar. And you can bet it's not just 1 comment and they let it go. The maturity and discipline of these players blows my mind. Because they have none. I have definitely been that upset before after losing a hand..come to think of it.. every single day I get that upset at a hand. But I have never said anything because it's common sense if you have played enough online poker there is no gain whatsoever to throwing typed words out to someone at the table. All it does is put a target on your name that you're on tilt and immature. When these players explode and get no response or reply it drives them even more crazy. Because you know they want you to say something..anything at all so they don't look more and more ridiculous with each thing they say. Usually if I'm just a spectator of the hand.. politely I'll say what my father always told me growing up and what I have always said while playing poker. SOME DAYS YOU'RE THE BUG & SOME DAYS YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD
Thought's and opinions from anybody?

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. I usually say nothing. I do try very hard to be polite though. If I lose and they had a good had I'll say "Nice hand". When I make it to final table I like to congratulate everyone and wish everyone good luck. When Im out, I like to say gg and gl all, but only at final table. I think its easy to be rude and angry. The 1 and only time I did something; I was a bit angry on GG Poker and used the "You Suck" face. I felt really bad about it afterwords and decided I would not do that again. For me it feels much better leaving a game being a good sport.

byron42

byron42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Some days you're the bug, and some days you're the windshield."

That's perfect, and from time to time when I've gone 10 mtt's in one night and bubbled them all because of bad beats I'll speak my mind...rare. I like to think that the losses I suffer are mostly my own fault, or if I get trapped I like to tell other players that they set it up nicely and deserve to have accolades...but some people love to hate. It is what it is. Most times if you take a minute to look at those player's graphs on sharkscope it is a definite downward spiral that's irrecoverable.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But I have never said anything because it's common sense if you have played enough online poker there is no gain whatsoever to throwing typed words out to someone at the table. All it does is put a target on your name that you're on tilt and immature.

Absolutely true! Also ask yourself, what you are even trying to accomplish by complaining about your rotten luck? Do you expect the other players to feel sorry for you? Thats kind of silly, since your misfortune is their fortune. Especially in tournaments, where the goal is to outlast as many other players as possible.

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do find it funny myself. Not sure that is a goods thing though. Would rather people be talking at the table seems more real and human.

Pomf123

Pomf123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so far i have not seen anybody chat on ACR. Is this more common on other clients?

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally you are doing something right if you have people complaining or insulting you. :D

I don't chat, but I have several times have seen salty opponents wish horrible things happen to me (and even my family for some reason?) - the lower the stakes the more nasty the comments.

Ignore, report (if needed), continue winning, and laugh at them later for getting upset over a small stakes game.

Good luck!

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you find a player in such an emotional state keep playing with him! Emotional instability => Massive losses in the longrun. I try not to think in terms of etiquette but in terms of how can I beat this guy. So this behaviour is the key to beating them faster. Take advantage of it. Good luck!..

L

Leifhackman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times I just politely thank the other players for participating if I win a nice pot :) I must say I have not seen players blow up.

Few times I myself blew up because of the UI of a certain poker site where the "Fold" button appears in the place of the button to call for the current raise amount. It's not actually fun to see a QQ go in a final table when you wanted to call.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. If I am fortunate enough to get in that situation, I block or ignore. No time for wimpies. Crazy, huh?