Correct BTN HUD stats | $10NL 6max (fast-fold) ACR Blitz

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any players beating $10NL Blitz on ACR and willing to share their stats? Specifically, how do you play the button?

I've been told that the BUTTON should be your most profitable position, naturally, because you always have position.

Well, somehow it is my worst position. I must be butchering it so bad.

3e9743a3ed9f22c25c63a61b1339728f.png
24fd7958474e85be260a6426cedd5621.png

I'm even playing my SB and BB somewhat optimally, but somehow I **** up the BTN so bad.

NOTE: my BTN raise sizing is virtually 100% 2.5x open, whether it's AA or 45s. I used to do 2.0x open, but that got called too often. 2.5x seems to get the correct folds. Maybe I should try 2.2x for a stretch, so I can continue to raise wide?

From the stats, it looks like I can just tighten things up a bit closer to my CO range and it should improve.

Does anyone else have problems with the BTN?

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think BTN PFR sizing shall depend mostly on players on blinds. If you see a nit then 2BB should be better. Station fish then 3BB. Regs then 2.5BB.

I saw your post where you posted your graph. PFR size might not be real the issue. I think you shall pay attention to your redline.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is most likely just a sample size issue. You only have 6.300 hands from each position, and over such a small sample there is still going to be huge variance. You also have a higher winrate from EP than MP, which should also not happen. Your preflop stats seem solid all around, so just focus on your overall game and perhaps mostly postflop.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think BTN PFR sizing shall depend mostly on players on blinds. If you see a nit then 2BB should be better. Station fish then 3BB. Regs then 2.5BB.

I saw your post where you posted your graph. PFR size might not be real the issue. I think you shall pay attention to your redline.

I've paid the redline much attention, lol, and it is very consistent, about the only consistent thing in my game, a long downward, very consistently though, downward trending line. Hah, but in all seriousness, yes, I'm trying to slowly incorporate more LAG-ish play to try to minimize it or at least "flatten" the curve :)

This is most likely just a sample size issue. You only have 6.300 hands from each position, and over such a small sample there is still going to be huge variance. You also have a higher winrate from EP than MP, which should also not happen. Your preflop stats seem solid all around, so just focus on your overall game and perhaps mostly postflop.

Thanks again fundiver-- hopefully this is the case. Maybe you saved me from mistakenly adjusting.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've paid the redline much attention, lol, and it is very consistent, about the only consistent thing in my game, a long downward, very consistently though, downward trending line. Hah, but in all seriousness, yes, I'm trying to slowly incorporate more LAG-ish play to try to minimize it or at least "flatten" the curve :)

Thanks again fundiver-- hopefully this is the case. Maybe you saved me from mistakenly adjusting.

What are your cbet stats? Any gap btw flop/turn/river cbets?

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your cbet stats? Any gap btw flop/turn/river cbets?

CBet Stats (flop/turn/river): 51/50/52

I know my Flop Cbet (at 51%) is on the lower side and could be significantly higher for optimal play, so that's something I'm just starting to work on. I don't know if this is a thing-- but I feel like having a stronger range going into the turn allows me to also triple barrel with a stronger range and more often. Not sure what is optimal on the river as far as Cbet % goes, as bet size is likely to be taken into consideration. I think the vast majority of the time I Cbet the river (from memory) it is 1/2 pot-- from this I have a 36% "success rate" (they fold) from Cbetting the river

So, correct me if I'm wrong, on the river (assuming I only bet 1/2 pot)-- I'm betting 1 to win 2 technically, so the bet only needs to work 33% of the time to break even.

My WWSF (won when saw flop) is at 45%, which is not horrible, but is on the lower side of optimum.

For me personally, it becomes a difficult nuance, because I like checking some stronger hands to protect my checking range-- let's say Top Pair weak kicker type hands, or 2nd pair.

Also, opponents on avg are calling Flop Cbets at a 45% rate. It just feels like there's a lot more floating going on since the player pool also Cbets flop at 60% on avg.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CBet Stats (flop/turn/river): 51/50/52

For me personally, it becomes a difficult nuance, because I like checking some stronger hands to protect my checking range-- let's say Top Pair weak kicker type hands, or 2nd pair.

Also, opponents on avg are calling Flop Cbets at a 45% rate. It just feels like there's a lot more floating going on since the player pool also Cbets flop at 60% on avg.

Your Cbet stats seem consistent with each other and without gap. I think that is very good. May be if population were calling say 35%(percentage of flopping at least a pair or better) then it would be optimal to c-bet about 70%. So, as you say population is overfloating 10%. That is why it might not be a terrible idea to c-bet about 60-65%. I agree it is definitely a good idea to check TPGK and strong 2nd pair hands rather than c-betting not only to protect our range but also because we have stable showdown value and there is no need to bloat the pot with them. Instead of these hands, in order to incerease my c-bet stat I would probably light c-bet with semi-bluffing hands more, especially on BTN. We have tons of fold equity in position.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your Cbet stats seem consistent with each other and without gap. I think that is very good. May be if population were calling say 35%(percentage of flopping at least a pair or better) then it would be optimal to c-bet about 70%. So, as you say population is overfloating 10%. That is why it might not be a terrible idea to c-bet about 60-65%. I agree it is definitely a good idea to check TPGK and strong 2nd pair hands rather than c-betting not only to protect our range but also because we have stable showdown value and there is no need to bloat the pot with them. Instead of these hands, in order to incerease my c-bet stat I would probably light c-bet with semi-bluffing hands more, especially on BTN. We have tons of fold equity in position.

Ok I will toy with adding some of the bottom-of-range to the BTN Cbet range and see how that goes, thanks!

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much is the average resteal vs BTN and SB? Can you tell us!? I had sample vs the same field, but the room is not working anymore, I deleted the hands. But I notice a pretty high resteal percentage. As average...And tell us how much you fold vs resteal. What is your range for 4bet? Do you use AI 4bet?
Do you play against donk bets often!? How much is your fold vs donk bet OTF? How much is your fold vs check-raise OTF?

You know, give us some info, to find something. Still this can be "a bad luck", it is not impossible.

2x is the best size for the BTN. You can use bigger size, if your range is tight as default. But not vs high resteal. It is more profitable to use 2x. Even with tight range. You know this 2x is comfortable for them. They see that as weakness. If they are aggro, they still will use many hands for resteal. And they can't realize how bad is this move against you. They don't think deep about this. You will fold sometime, OTF, OTT. They will be enough satisfied.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, on the river (assuming I only bet 1/2 pot)-- I'm betting 1 to win 2 technically, so the bet only needs to work 33% of the time to break even.

It is not that simple. Yeah, you are right. And wrong at the same time :D. When you have a hand (value), the people will fold more often. When you have a bluff, the people will call more often. And you must justify your bet OTT. I know about the FE OTR, but the question is "how you get to the river?". Because the FE OTT is not so big. To use triple bareling IP (as bluff), you must have some equity with your hand OTT. Most likely a draw, a good draw. Depends on the info as well, on his "weak spots". Or both..You can have some weak draw, gutshot and enough FE (vs this player). And don't forget about the possibility for a donk bet. If you use such a "borderline" lines, then you will have some lose from this move. As I said is not so simple. The triple bareling very rare is the best line for the micro limits. Sometime will be. If you have good draw with weak showdown value. And for value ofc...

Last edited:
Folding in Poker