clock winders

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
basically this will sound like more of a whinge than anything but i do feel its relevant to playing online poker.

i do understand that there are factors to consider whilst playing poker weather it be buyins/freeroll

when it comes to people letting their time banks and standard clocks wind down to zero at every turn

but winding the clock down does not get more chips into your stack and also it is making the time closer for the blinds to increase lol not to mention the poor old short stacks are going to be killed off by antis buy i guess also that point wont be cared about (and fairly too i might add)

until it is you in that position..

anyone else care to elaborate on this as well as their strategy behind clock winding
(ps i get it if your in the top 5 of the chip counts as it does apply more pressure to the smaller stacks at the table.

good luck!

see you at the tables lol when i eventually become a freeroll club member that is lmao.

T

tribalbeast

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
basically this will sound like more of a whinge than anything but i do feel its relevant to playing online poker.

i do understand that there are factors to consider whilst playing poker weather it be buyins/freeroll

when it comes to people letting their time banks and standard clocks wind down to zero at every turn

but winding the clock down does not get more chips into your stack and also it is making the time closer for the blinds to increase lol not to mention the poor old short stacks are going to be killed off by antis buy i guess also that point wont be cared about (and fairly too i might add)

anyone else care to elaborate on this as well as their strategy behind clock winding
(ps i get it if your in the top 5 of the chip counts as it does apply more pressure to the smaller stacks at the table.

good luck!

see you at the tables lol when i eventually become a freeroll club member that is lmao.

Players generally do this in hopes that others will bust and they can make it into the money or jump to a higher payout. I practice this only when I stand no chance of winning a tourney but can make my buy in back or a little more.

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players generally do this in hopes that others will bust and they can make it into the money or jump to a higher payout. I practice this only when I stand no chance of winning a tourney but can make my buy in back or a little more.

Yes but tht parts understandable was more meaning in the earliest stages of a tourny.
Like I said originally its different if you're chip leader n tht

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

good luck!

Plain and simple, If you are in a position where You can be "ITM" by folding repeatedly, DO IT!!! If that is what you are after... If you want to WIN the tournament, well then make bold moves to ensure yourself a higher chip stack, when you have a hand worth betting on. "Winning is winning, but losing isn't always losing".
DaFrank

B

brettlums

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When players are doing this every hand the site usually recognizes it and begins their countdown faster than normal. Its best to ignore it they're usually just doing it to stall for a ladder or pretend they have a tough decision.

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Change of heart re: clock winding

Like every move in a game.
Each has its advantages/disadvantages

So since clock winding frustrates me n having to wait I'm going to experiment with the disconnection clock winding.

Lol most will get annoyed after it happens repeatedly and may force them into getting so annoyed that they get fed up n go all in whilst I'm sitting on a monster. #AA etc

K

Kaski54

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe they are putting ods into kind of poker calculator? It takes time.
I see it as a will to increase blinds as soon as possible. Some players feels better knowing the blind pressure is heavy.
Have to agree it is annoying but You cant do anything about it.

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play online poker not long ago. But in my experience I can say the following. In most cases, this behavior will always lead to departure from the tournament. Therefore, I believe that it is better to risk and increase your stack than to passively expect the inevitable. This can be justified only if the stack is very small and there is a struggle for places with a higher payout.

T

TinCup

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the middle of a tourney it’s pointless and annoying. Heck, it’s always annoying but I see and know when it’s someone doing it for a reason, money bubble, top 5 etc. in the middle of a tourney it drives me nuts. Tanking for the sake of tanking knowing your going to fold is dumb.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I get it is when the bubble is near.
But I hate when people let their time go to 0 when it's hand per hand. It litterally slows the game even more down. I can get so mad about this.

B

beavis22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a clock winder...especially in qualifiers where a certain amount of players all receive the same ticket...and always laugh when people have a big stack in qualifiers and are still taking chances for no reason

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think it is just what it is a waste of time. I don't do it. I like to see more hands and if I can double up and get back into a tournament. I use the time bank when I need to think about a decision. I don't waste time, but I understand it when others do. I wish they wouldn't waste time, but it's their right as a player to play their hand the way they want to.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it is because you have really crappy internet :(

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Some people clock wind so other tables in tournament play am extra hand or two so they can get in the money. The slow play gives them a chance to not go all in.

L

LogyJ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Summarizing all statements about clock winders:

They do it to annoy you
They do it unintentionally - bad internet connection
They count on taking a paid place through slow play
They play on many tables at once
In the meantime, they use "scientific help"
Choose one answer that will help you not get upset during the game =)