emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I read this article today, http://www.duluthpoker.com/cheat-at-poker/online/, and it was very informative.

There are times when I get a gnawing feeling in certain games, by the actions of players. I wondered if it was possible that they could see my cards or if they knew another player at the table and were communicating.

I have hesitated to make any substantial deposits on either site I play on for this reason. I suppose if I do I will only play certain games to try and minimize that possibility.

I don't know if there are any programs that can "see" my cards, but I do suspect there are situations where other players collude with each other. I certainly hope the percentage of cheats is low, but with my faith in humanity being shaken by the immense greed that is exhibited every day makes me feel the percentage is higher in certain countries.

What is to stop poker sites from having fake accounts to generate pots and win tournaments, giving the illusion that there was a "real" player that won? Can or does anyone verify all these supposed accounts? Cheaters will cheat and poker sites are possibly capable of being "legit" cheats. They are in it to make money are they not?

I bet they are not alone in fudging stats to appear as though they have more customers, just ask twitter how they had 1.8 million users that didn't exist. But the poker sites are more than just fudging stats, I bet they do have many fake accounts. I bet they have customers that have more than one account that play on the same table under different names.

Some smart greedy bastards know how to game this system.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to your own link...

Can poker cheats see my cards on the internet?

I highly doubt it. Anybody who is capable of doing this made their own private software and is very wealthy because most online poker rooms use Thwarte 128-bit security to encrypt all of their code. In addition to that, players are not directly connected to each other, but are connected to the online poker room, so hackers would have an impossible time doing this. Some people do claim that they have software that can show you other people’s cards. Apparently this software allows you to see other player’s hole cards, or force opponents to only have one option, fold. Don’t worry about this though because online poker gaming software is incredibly advanced and the developers have already made efforts to detect this type of software before poker cheats can sit down at a table. Don’t waste your time or money on this software because it’s not only an attempt to cheat, but also won’t do anything but ultimately get your account frozen and all of your money would be forfeitted.

R

ruk1dd1ngme

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cheating in cash games

I play cash games and have found an increasing number of situations where I am almost positive that there is collusion among some of the players.

I watch to see which players tend to appear together, and sometimes it can be up to 4-5 of the 9 players consistently showing up at the same table.

One raises, the other re-raises, then 1-2 others call -- once the other players fold, the players will check or bet low back and forth, but if they are all working together, they are probably splitting the winnings among the group.

In fact, I also see the groups alternating who gets the pot. For example, one will raise, the next re-raise and the third/fourth call, but then the raiser and re-raiser will fold to someone that has not won a pot for a while.

Reporting it does not help, because there is not enough "direct proof" of the cheating. :2in1:

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Xes, I agree. I think that there are fake accounts and I usually notice it when a player wins with all-in and e.g. with the last card on the table and disappears from the table immediately.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I beleive unfortunately there is alot of cheating in online poker... however...until it is regulated legally its a rism u just have to accept and deal with

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only cheating is at cash games when players can sit down together and communicate via messenger or some such and be able to help each other out. Say there are 3 spades on board and someone has K9s. If they know their friend had the Ace, then they know they have the nuts and can play accordingly.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you are so scared of cheating on you, then you better not play poker, not go out and do not chat with people. In this case, it will be better to sit at home and drink water.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Xes, I agree. I think that there are fake accounts and I usually notice it when a player wins with all-in and e.g. with the last card on the table and disappears from the table immediately.

How often does this happen in the game your playing. What type of game? What do you do when you see this happen? Also what site?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will not argue with you that this is all or that it is not. Everything is possible. Conspiracy site will not notice but illegal software can reveal.

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also asked this question and more than once! But it seems to me that these poker rooms themselves put a low percentage of wins handing out bad cards for people to lose and recharge their account enriching them .. Although maybe I'm wrong but in my experience and for how long I play good cards fall to me once a day...

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think this way,you should't play online.Stop trying to make money the lazy way and get out and work for it,,,,;)

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is a small amount of colluding players. If they can communicate with each other and use 3bets and 4 bets to prey on the other players at the table, they can increase their win rates. It is too bad because if it is allowed to happen, players will not feel comfortable to play online for enjoyment.

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know if the sites have fake accounts they already make enough money! Now on the other hand I believe there are people that group up and collude and sometimes its very hard 2 tell. others i catch certain players while im on the table they will only go against me or it seems that way

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Collusion definitely exists. And not only do I say that, I actually witnessed it. There is this gaming room where people pay to play, aside from PC games, people can play Poker as well. Once I was there some time ago, 3 players were playing at the same table on 3 computers that were next to each other.
However, I honestly think that any thinking player can realize that such a thing is happening at their table.

Using charts and graphs or 3rd party poker software isn't really cheating, everyone can use them, especially with the use of internet.

However, I would like to ask if anyone heard about poker bots? There was this podcast with Daniel Cates - Jungleman, where he said that he sees bots playing, mostly SnGs and are making some mathematically great decisions, that humans shouldn't make and are probably never making. I then googled about them a bit, and actually found out you can buy them easily at prices of several hundreds $, but I still don't know how they work exactly...

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It appears you have more issues here then can be discussed in such a short time-frame as we have here…. lol
But let’s look at your hypothesis of “What is to stop sites from having fake accounts to generate pots and win tournaments
Just using and I appreciate it does not exist” COMMON SENSE, one would understand that there are no long term benefits for any online poker site in deliberately cheating their customers as in your example. These sites are making millions of dollars just operating to the world as an online poker site collecting rakes for every single player on every single game that they offer.
Why would any rational individual risk losing Millions of dollars to steal such small amounts from rigged tournaments? ……… if it makes no sense using the imaginary common sense barometer, then it most likely is not true.:eek:

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure about all out cheating...but people concluding...yes...I would think that someone who is cheating would be detected by high win percentage...I remember about 8-10 years ago an employee at 888poker(I think 888 cannot quite remember)...anyway the employee was logging in from server side and could see everybody's cards...but he was greedy and raked in thousands and thousands of dollars...eventually he was detected because his win percentage was like 3-4 times a great players...

Sheepodog

Sheepodog

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Online cheating

I play cash games and have found an increasing number of situations where I am almost positive that there is collusion among some of the players.

I watch to see which players tend to appear together, and sometimes it can be up to 4-5 of the 9 players consistently showing up at the same table.

One raises, the other re-raises, then 1-2 others call -- once the other players fold, the players will check or bet low back and forth, but if they are all working together, they are probably splitting the winnings among the group.

In fact, I also see the groups alternating who gets the pot. For example, one will raise, the next re-raise and the third/fourth call, but then the raiser and re-raiser will fold to someone that has not won a pot for a while.

Reporting it does not help, because there is not enough "direct proof" of the cheating. :2in1:

I have been refunded cash several times...(apparently I'm an easy mark}, from online poker rooms. I have felt on occasion that there was collusion, but could have been just a bad day. I've no idea where or when I played and they determined I was victimized, but the refund was nice!:cool::cool::cool:

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately collusion is a big problem online. I’m sure there are teams preying on unsuspecting victims. That’s why we have to police our game. If you suspect cheating is taking place then inform the site. They have a fraud team that will investigate. If the integrity of the online game is compromised then eventually the game will suffer.

R

ruk1dd1ngme

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting

I am surprised that you were able to get compensation -- I will try it myself.

Thanks for the feedback.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I highly doubt anyone could use software to see other’s cards on a “creditable” site, however I suppose anything is possible on computers

P

petalms2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being able to view ones whole cards is a little over the top. however the use of multiple bots playing on a single table will in communication is an issue. Most site could care less if your using bots. Bots pay rake to.

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How often does this happen in the game your playing. What type of game? What do you do when you see this happen? Also what site?

This happens in several SnG and freeroll games. For example, a player played all-in in a freeroll yesterday. His cards were 94, the flop was 94A8A. Who is playing pre-flop all-in in a middle position with these cards? The same happened also with 96. I don't do anything, I just notice it.

Last edited:
P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to your own link...

Can poker cheats see my cards on the internet?

I highly doubt it. Anybody who is capable of doing this made their own private software and is very wealthy because most online poker rooms use Thwarte 128-bit security to encrypt all of their code. In addition to that, players are not directly connected to each other, but are connected to the online poker room, so hackers would have an impossible time doing this. Some people do claim that they have software that can show you other people’s cards. Apparently this software allows you to see other player’s hole cards, or force opponents to only have one option, fold. Don’t worry about this though because online poker gaming software is incredibly advanced and the developers have already made efforts to detect this type of software before poker cheats can sit down at a table. Don’t waste your time or money on this software because it’s not only an attempt to cheat, but also won’t do anything but ultimately get your account frozen and all of your money would be forfeitted.

Yeah, it seems like you would have to have a superuser account. After unitbet those are highly secured.