Chat while playing Online

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The online chat can get kind of gnarly while playing online ! What is your preference - On or Off ?

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
A little bit of both for me. Mostly off unless it is the League games, but more of a lurker...lol. I really try to focus on the game.

Yes sometimes some people can get a little nasty in other games, if it is really bad, I will mute the player. Problem solved.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes try to get some information out of my opponents who use it, but in general I prefer not to use it, especially when I'm playing multiple tables, it's easy to disable or ignore it, so it's not something that will affect my game, however in live games it becomes uncomfortable and i prefer to just play.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
On - it's not distracting to me... :)

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I don't even look at the chat, online poker is extremely fast, especially turbo tournaments, so I avoid distractions as much as possible.

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I disable my chat, I got tired of toxic ppl and comments. Even the opposite, when you find nice ppl to talk and joke about the hands it can take my focus away. Overall: muted.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are times when it’s worth turning it on, but there are times when it’s worth turning it off.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I leave it enabled, but I usually can't read or follow because I play 4 tables unless it is a game with several acquaintances, or an exceptional occasion

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chat

I usually leave the chat option on. Sometimes one can learn players trends etc. If chat gets out of line I will shut that players chat off or the entire chat option.

GL ALL :D

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Basic mindset:
Switch it off.
:thumpdown

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I never turn off the chat, but most of the time I just ignore it. And sometimes they write funny things. I rarely see anything bad in the chat. Because of isolated cases, I don't think it's worth paying attention to.

C

CaPnKrUnCh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never really use it if i'm playing its usually a couple of tables so my concentration is too focused.. however i have seen some very funny chats before when people go on tilt lol

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Off, 99% of the time, so as not to have to endure some nonsenses in bad taste. 1% On, to respond to nice people. ;)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn it off even if there are friends at the table
it distracts

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi! I never turn off the chat, but most of the time I just ignore it. And sometimes they write funny things. I rarely see anything bad in the chat. Because of isolated cases, I don't think it's worth paying attention to.

Yes, there's fun of it!
What wrote above, what I meant is, the bottom line is to disable the chat. But once in a while I keep it enabled, of course, and some times, players really say funny things.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i leave it on, you meet the most interesting people playing poker, of course there are the ones that feel they have to tell you how lucky you are, or call you names, those people i just block from chat. but for the most part, people are civil. cheers!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I let the chat activate but I avoid chatting with other players because I prefer to stay focused on my game.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
there are the ones that feel they have to tell you how lucky you are those people i just block from chat.

This makes you sound like that punk kid from England :bebored:

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't pay attention to the chat. I play poker and read news on the Internet

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Usually I play a single table so keep my chat on.I like to chat with nice people and reply if it is addressing to me but ignore annoying people.

Q

Quarkwest

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I turned everything from chat to throwables off just because its distracting me from the game. When i had chat still on some players even wished that i get cancer or that i die soon. This way i dont have to deal with that nonsense on small stakes.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Rather off than on for me. If I see, someone is writing something to me, I will reply, but pretty rare I engage in other conversations or start my own.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always off, because most of the time I play on 4 or more tables

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I enjoy chat. Especially when I'm bored or sleepy.