Chat: turn on or turn off

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, guys! Interesting to know, you like to play, when chart turned on or off, use his in the time of game or no, he helps or interferes,
you reply on the sharp notices another players or ignore, and etc.?..:rolleyes::cool:

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for me, most of the time the chat is turned off (but I can talk too), if someone wants to say something to me, the chat is not the best place for.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my chat is off. don't need additional distractions

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it's on but I never use it, I just don't pay attention to anything they write there either for me or conversations between the other players

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chat is on for me, I don't mind. Mostly I communicate with the people at CC games and I love it! Usually, it's only positive vibes and it even helps my mindset. If someone ever starts bothering or being rude, there is always an ignore button.

In addition, chat can be a nice poker tell. When someone starts writing bullsh1t in chat or calling other guys fish/donkey/fool etc. I might be tagging him as a "fun player". It's just solid regs don't do such things, they usually have their emotions under control and are focused on the game.

But have to admit, that sometimes I turning off chat in favor of tournament statistics, as it's more important to see how many players left to bust till ITM.

Or for example, when I have a session of 7-9 tables at once, it's hardly possible to chat or even recognize everything being written. There is simply no time for that.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My chat is always on, but I don’t use it or very rarely write something.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chat in a whole not need. Is that a brief statistics in it to look.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely chat, but I always have it turned on. No need to prevent myself from picking up on potential reads on the other players, if they select to chat. Also if someone say something to me in the chat like "nice hand", I will usually type a short reply like "ty" just to be polite.

M

MadDogMgee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Me, persononally, i have to turn it off. I have a real problem with injustice tilt, and start going off on the nitty regs when they suck out on me, or make an obviously terrible play and get rewarded. I really need to find some better way to deal with, but for now this is my only safeguard vs myself.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I haven't used chat for months so i doubt i'm missing any nonsense which is usually quite regular there lol :cool:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me, persononally, i have to turn it off. I have a real problem with injustice tilt, and start going off on the nitty regs when they suck out on me, or make an obviously terrible play and get rewarded. I really need to find some better way to deal with, but for now this is my only safeguard vs myself.

It is for sure not a good idea to vent your frustrations in the chat. If nothing else it inform everyone at the table, you are on tilt, which can never be a good thing for you. I had done that a few times to be honest, but its certainly not something, I recommend.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
CC games mainly since 99.9% everyone there appreciates the company.:fight:
Though technically not chat on 888 throwing a prize at some waa-waa nker is not out of the question.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Though technically not chat on 888 throwing a prize at some waa-waa nker is not out of the question.

I have gotten into a habit of doing that quite a lot to let out some steam. However I am trying to stop, because it sort of inform the rest of the table, you are on tilt, which is not exactly very good for you. So better to just suck it up and move on.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have gotten into a habit of doing that quite a lot to let out some steam. However I am trying to stop, because it sort of inform the rest of the table, you are on tilt, which is not exactly very good for you. So better to just suck it up and move on.

I've played at the same table with you and you play well. I believe that whatever you or I do to "express our opinions" we can handle it. If the table thinks I'm on tilt and I sense that then I will play right along because the pots usually get large if I start shoving..which is nice.:D

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I always have the chat on because i'm a chatoholic lol

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I turn it off. Nothing of value in most games. I already have too many distractions.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Off

I have the chat off all the time.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't pay attention to the chat. It can distract from the distribution.

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It probably doesn't say a lot about me, but I do enjoy people who get all abusive on the chat. Especially when its in non-english language and I have to google what swear words they are using :)

E

E V A N

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have chat on for 2 types of conversations:

1) after a bad beat I habitually say “wowwww”

2) if there’s another Canadian at the table I usually have some fun banter with them

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like chatting with my CC friends when we are on the same table and
my league teammates when I land on a table with them in other events.
It's usually not about poker but about life and health and such, just talk
between friends :)

Tr0pik

Tr0pik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never chat off i like a discusion for other player or say GL

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I leave chat on during my play but I usually set the window to MTT\ SitnGo stats selection.