Bots at the tables??

juanfagioli

juanfagioli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello poker friends !!! I have a question, is it true that pokerstars play bots at the tables? that's the comment there is !!!

Last edited:
C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats the million dollar question! the poker community seems to be divided on this. some swear bots are there 100%. others are not sure, others think corporations cannot possibly be that money hungry to do this. take a pick.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Ww all know there ate bots being used on poker sites. That is the main reason i dont play
cash games online. That and other unfair advantages- But are you asking if Pokerstars itself
uses bots on its site?

S

scindor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is a site with the best chances of having no/less bots than it is Pokerstars. But it has high rake and less rakeback, that makes other sites more interesting even when there are bots or other bad things

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
hello poker friends !!! I have a question, is it true that pokerstars play bots at the tables? that's the comment there is !!!

Welcome to our community.
Maybe yes, maybe no, but it's not really crucial. If you are a skilled and experienced player, you can always pick up your share of the prize pool. Please pay your attention to our free course and no bots will threaten you.
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bots

Hard to prove if there are bots or not? Makes me wonder though how the same player can be playing at say 7 cash Hi/lo tables at the same time?

Sure we will never really know what goes on with online poker.

Later all & GL :D

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we won’t know about it (why do they need them?)
they have enough superusers:D

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is not profitable for them to do this; they already earn millions of dollars in profit.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think so. Other poker rooms have recognized the existence of bots, so I don't think PokerStars is free of them.

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is not profitable for them to do this; they already earn millions of dollars in profit.
Interesting but I think bots are used to increase the number of players in a tournament and as a result the payouts go down.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots

I hear all the time from a player at a table swearing there's a Bot at the table usually it's from a player who just lost a hand to the player they're accusing of being a Bot I've also heard that the sites use Bots to fill empty seats to balance out the tournament but who really knows. The site surely isn't going to admit it uses them

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Theres bots a the table yes. It was caught someone in a sunday million tourney. I can give more details if someone interested.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are not. And that's what I want to believe because if you don't, you don't want to play poker anymore. It would extract the essence that makes it so cute. Although when very rare hands pass and with sooo little chance of losing, and we end up losing, one has his doubts ahahah

I

igo89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once he saw the bot at the table, he secretly put olin and rebayed for 2 hours.

raul400368

raul400368

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me there is no bot playing. It is highly unlikely that the poker houses will not notice.:jd4::jd4::jd4:

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Automatically if I think there are bots on the tables, that will be when I am tilted against trash hands. So I tell myself I dont believe there are bots.

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never saw someone play bots, now we have some throwables, like fish, and card, even water. But bots J never saw someone play that.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never met bots, maybe they are, but I think the security service can easily cope with them

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are Bots period, and if anyone tells you there are not then they are full of it. All you really got to do is go play some mid stake cash games and get back to me on what you figure out. Bounce around from table to table, sit out a few hands, get back in and just see how the behavior give them away. On another note, the sites are 100% trying to combat them at all times. If they were not they would be overran by bots. As long as there are computers involved there are always going to be people out there trying to outsmart the systems.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The presence of bots, team players and super users is disadvantageous to such large companies. This will entail great risks, loss of reputation, scandals and the departure of many famous and regular players.

However, it should not be ruled out that there are any security holes in the system and some users can exploit it. In any case, I do not play and do not advise anyone to play cash games online. freerolls, MTT and Sit & Go tournaments are created in a fair structure for all participants. The game in them is not so tricky and more straightforward. I like this kind of poker, I hope you too.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bots are everywhere. They are among us.
4.jpg

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The stars tables I know you want to avoid are the super high limits with the same 5 always at the tables who ALL leave at the same time. Most obvious cheating ever..

M

Myself2020

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Apps already take a big part of money with the fees... they should not have to use bots to make more.

That being said, in Québec we already had someone winning too often in a "random" game (not poker). In the end, they discover that the software was not "so" random. I don't remember if they found if it was on purpose or not... but (IMHO) it is quite easy to put something in the software to give some advantage to "favored" players. No accusation... just doubt!!!

J

jmg199

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I think there's a big difference between sites having their own bots and a programmer throwing together some code and multi-tabling it.
Maybe I'm just too entrenched in the world of Forex and know how difficult it is to throw together profitable programs, but I don't see them as a major issue.
It seems like they would be easily exploitable in the long run with only a few of them running a profit consistently.