Bots?

J

jbosker84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've recently lost over 100$ on BetOnline and it hasn't been bad play. I seem to get called on horrible hands over and over again and I get taken out. I know in most cases, this is the name of the game. But, can this happen 20 tournaments in a row? It's gotten to the point where it's predictable! Yep, I'm about 85% to win but I just know I am getting sucked out! I remember playing on pokerstars back in the day before it was banned in the U.S. and it seemed to be legit. This is truly a bad poker site and have finally learned my lesson and won't make the mistake of depositing again. I just wish there were more options for the American market. I've just given them money and my comp points were only good for one single dollar tourney. On top of that...they never paid me my bonus! Ugh....I'm done, just done. This has made me truly hate poker when I used to think skill was involved.:eek::mad:

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what to tell you. I can't tell you what's rigged and what's not but when i'm in that situation i just stop playing. Days, Weeks, just take a break, go out with friends, road trip, idk, what ever will make you focus on some other things. It helped me in the past a lot.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't hate poker. Just online poker. And in that sense, hate it enough to study it and know when you're getting scammed.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you lose your money, this does not mean that you are playing against the bot. There may be other reasons. Relax, refresh your head, do not think about poker.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You might have just played with a lucky beginner, it doesn't necessarily have to be a bot. You could ask them if they use bots, but they will just deny it regardless.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was also like you when I've started to play poker. Many times I've played against fish, they all in preflop and won with rag hand like two pair, trip, flush, ... while I had AA, KK. It's totally not easy feeling. When you've played a lot, you will be more calm.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello friend relax that is the variance when goals more volume is reduced

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no reason to believe that was all scammed. 20 tournaments is not such a big number, and depends against who you played. Give some days to yourself without playing.

C

Cloud2218

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having long bad streaks on a website like Betonline feels a little rigged because the odds are not very good. Depending when you get on, how long you can play, ect. Everything is tougher. Also, there are very few freerolls and ways to easily maintain a small bankroll. If you take any risk after doing the math of games/bankroll you can lose it quickly.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes they are real players playing like bots , they are there just to suck out every time and make you feel bad , and it might be you the problem and your concentration , just take a break it usually works very well mate , good luck .

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm totally with ya on this one!

I've recently lost over 100$ on BetOnline and it hasn't been bad play. I seem to get called on horrible hands over and over again and I get taken out. I know in most cases, this is the name of the game. But, can this happen 20 tournaments in a row? It's gotten to the point where it's predictable! Yep, I'm about 85% to win but I just know I am getting sucked out! I remember playing on PokerStars back in the day before it was banned in the U.S. and it seemed to be legit. This is truly a bad poker site and have finally learned my lesson and won't make the mistake of depositing again. I just wish there were more options for the American market. I've just given them money and my comp points were only good for one single dollar tourney. On top of that...they never paid me my bonus! Ugh....I'm done, just done. This has made me truly hate poker when I used to think skill was involved.:eek::mad:
I agree with you completely on the facts of the sites being "rigged" up. A computer site is only as good as the people PRE programming it. It's amazing at some of the sites where you see the SAME player getting dealt the good cards, or no matter WHAT, or when they plays certain cards they'll get the winning hand. I try ALL of the hints and such which are "supposed" to work in order to help a person stay in the tournies a little longer, or even catch the "pay line" once in awhile...BUT, most of the time I get sucked out by some donkwad playing weak cards in bad positions! After awhile it gets to be TOO OBVIOUS of what's going on. ACR is an "ok" site, but the people in there are RUDE and no one hardly ever chats...rarely even see a "nice hand", or especially a "sorry I got lucky" when they COMPLETELY suq out on ya! At least I have humility and try to be civil in those places, but I end up gettin' more upset in those sites because of the way people "act". I play an Ace with ANY face card to a flop, chances are that I won't get an ace...but try and play AGAINST an Ace?!!>>>PFFFTTT, I watch the freakin things flop like 80% of the time! Try and play Ace with suited cards?>>>STILL doesn't work for me...I get beat by some donkwad playing 3 8 off suited. I try to play ANY pocket pair and I have about a 10-20% chance of winning, because no matter what the other guy has, the site seems to reward them! I go "off the norm" and try to play completely stuuupid cards, like 50% of the people in there do...try stuff like 6 7 , 79, 8 10, 45 suited....doesn't matter because my cards WON'T FLOP! The very next hand they will...that's always a given! I watch an ace flop about 80% of the time AFTER I tried to play one the hand before and it WOULDN'T flop one for me...it's maddening at times, but I guess it's the only place to play these days. Betonline is certainly a hoax site! ACR isn't much better, but has FREE rolls. "free" is good! :) Happy Holidays and try hangin' in there and fightin' the good fight. I at least "tell" folks about their stuuupid play and make all kinds of comments to make sure people know what dippy ducks they are! PEACE!:)

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JUST happened...AGAIN at ACR!

Hello friend relax that is the variance when goals more volume is reduced
VARIANCES MY ARSE!!! The same ole same ole JUST happened at ACR with me in a tourny where I stayed patient for three levels...staying out of hands in bad positions even when I had "decent" cards to play. Sure as heck I FINALLY get some good cards to play K Q suited in the blind when there was only two others in the hand. Flop is K 3 7, so I make a triple pot bet and get snap called by the big stacker whos been winning every freakin hand he plays no matter what he plays , or when! YEP!!>>>he has pocket freakin aces!!!! That's so astronomical of odds for him to have those when I finally get cards to play and catch high pair on the flop. Luckly I folded out after he went all in, so I kept half my stack, BUT here's the worst part comin' up...I get K K the very next hand and catch a freakin king on flop...who's in the hand with me?>>>the clown who had the aces pocket...what's he got this time?>>>YEP, ACES AGAIN, and the worst part...he gets river ace and beats me. Bad enough the stupid rip off site dealt him pocket aces twice in a row, but for him to pop my trip Kings with a river ace??!! SOOOOO UNFAIR it's disgusting! So, go ahead and speak alllll you want about "variances" and such. I call it PURE RIGGED UP, PRE PROGRAMMED CRAP! Simple as that, cuz there's no way that stuff happens in REAL live poker. I've watched enough AND played enough LIVE in person cards to know that stuff is impossible to happen. The odds are PAST astronomical. Want to know an even WEIRDER thing?>>>The clown kept on playing cards like 3 8 off suited and winning hands, and sure as heck I watched him get pocket aces again TWICE in a row within about 8 hands after I got bombed out by him! Rigged up?>>>PFFFFTTTT>>>>>what other explanation do you have BESIDES the "variance" dealy, cuz that's not carrying any weight when you go watch the play at ACR tournaments...no matter what level of play!

Last edited:
J

jbosker84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the response! If someone told you that they flipped a coin 20 times in a row and it came up "heads" everytime, you would call them crazy. However, on these sites, I expect that! What is to stop employees of these sites, to set a friend up and put the edge in their favor? Or what's to stop them from setting up programmed players that will play most hands without any risk? Greed is a powerful thing so why would they not want to keep tournament fees...plus the prize pool?
I do know some people win but how many are out there versus the ones like us? Not the don't players but the ones who play right and push with the better hands and lose EVERY SINGLE TIME! I actually complained to BOL and what happened the next tourney I played?! Three hands in I get KK...J 10 2 on the flop, other player puts half pot bet, so I push all in....he snap calls with AK, and guess what...A on the river. It's not the fact about the A on the river. It's the confindence on the snap call almost knowing the end result of the hand....so really, WHAT IS TO STOP THEM?

J

jbosker84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And it's not my concentration...I've played poker live my whole life and have never seen anything like this. It would be my concentration if I was pushing with the low odds but that's not the case. And it also hasn't mattered what the tourney fee is. It's happened in cash games, small sit n go's, and large tourneys. Come on....can you really trust an off-shore site? Can anyone actually give me a physical address of where they are located? What is the address of their HQ?

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agree...and don't you just love the folks who...

And it's not my concentration...I've played poker live my whole life and have never seen anything like this. It would be my concentration if I was pushing with the low odds but that's not the case. And it also hasn't mattered what the tourney fee is. It's happened in cash games, small sit n go's, and large tourneys. Come on....can you really trust an off-shore site? Can anyone actually give me a physical address of where they are located? What is the address of their HQ?
Don't you just love the people who say stuff like, "I cash out all of the time" at places like BOL and ACR>>>PFFFTTT, I'm calling complete BS on that one! Even IF...BIGGG IF a person were to be able to withdraw funds, they ALWAYS have to have been a depositor. It's no surprise those online sites that got shut down were found to be "scammers", which as you were saying would be pretty easy to "pre" program sites, or even manipulate hand by hand play because there's a "moderator" at each table. Ever notice the "lag" before the rive card is dealt out at ACR?>>Juts "one more" thing which proves the site is rigged up. Hope you have a Happy Holidays.

P

passmg2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, just curious, is there a way that poker sites are regulated or checked on a regular basis? I'd like to think they are running legit but are they for sure?

P

passmg2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was lucky enough to win $950US on 888 a month ago or so. It was pretty unreal as I've never won that much before...lol.

J

jbosker84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any legit business has a specific address with where their business is located. Once again, I challenge those who say these sites can't be rigged. If you can give me an address besides the extremely vague "Panama City, Panama", I might just change my mind.:)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you're not factoring opponents making terrible, donkish plays in your decision making whilst playing micro stakes & freeroll MTT's and taking careful & intelligent precautions against that, it's going to end in tears.

If you want to argue that getting sucked out on by maniacs or clueless muppets is evidence of a big online poker con then I'd like to direct you towards the rigged mega-thread. [emoji1303]

I had an interesting hand the other day.. Dealt pocket 88's in position I raised pre and we go two-handed to the 822 flop. I bet the flop hoping he'll think I'm just continuing/stealing. He calls. Great. Turn shows 822,2.. Well, it's unlikely he has a deuce and even if he has AA he's pretty much dead to two outs. Although I'm almost always miles ahead I now want to shut it down or get maximum value so shove all in. When he calls I'm momentarily worried, when he tables AJh, I'm relieved. He can't hit an ace or jack to beat me and has maybe 1.9% equity. The river (of course) comes the case deuce and he wins with a higher kicker behind our shared quad deuces.

Now, some might argue this is evidence for something or other, it's too much of a coincidence or would never happen in 'real' live poker. It isn't, and it does.

Even though someone has just one out on the river, that one card has exactly the same chance of hitting as any single other of the 44 remaining cards.

Is it unfortunate to lose a big pot in a tournament? Sometimes. Am I upset by it happening? Perhaps for a second. Then it should dawn on you that you got your chips in a 98.1% (or whatever) favourite and pretty much as close to always as possible in poker, you're the one counting that pot into your stack.

If you can't see the positives hidden just a layer or two underneath these situations then in my opinion you're in need of a perception shift.

As someone else already said, I don't know what to tell you...

If you can't take emotion out of the equation and embrace variance then you might want to figure out how you're going to move forward because losing big pots or someone catching a miracle card are things that are always going to happen at some stage. It's inevitable.

Work out how to navigate around, or insulate yourself from, this.

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no way ACR is a "legit" site!

Yeah, just curious, is there a way that poker sites are regulated or checked on a regular basis? I'd like to think they are running legit but are they for sure?
Once again. just played in a tournament at ACR... a "cash" game...and amazingly, as USUAL though, I watched the SAME guy play "whatever cards" and win 90% of the hands he played. While I sat there waiting to get dealt "something decent to play". FINALLY I get a little bit of a "deal out run" and get KQ suited...who calls me on the non blind in a "bad position"?...the SAME guy who's been winning 90% of the hands! I get K 4 9 on flop but he snap calls my triple pot bet! Of course!>>>he's got pocket freakin' k's!!! NO POSSIBLE WAY that happens in real live poker play!!>>if it did, I could see why someone would get shot(referencing the aces and 8 "dead man's hand" in the westerns) LOL :) I had a little bit of my stack left and sure as heck the clown called my all in the very next hand when I had A K suited! Of course HE GOT HIS CARD dealt at flop to beat me. He had freakin Q 4 suited! Got BOTH CARDS on flop and out I went! WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP ACR is! There is no possible way that it's NOT RIGGED up the way the cards are dealt out and the way people play the stuuuupidest cards to flops and chase out as if they KNOW what's coming on the river! TOOO OBVIOUS, but YEP, where else are ya gonna play? Free rolls are "free", so people win "free" money and then go play "cash" games and bet like complete idiots! I think that's about the only "variance" that's involved to make these sites sooooo unfair...people playin poker like it's "go fish" or rummy >>LOL!

T

TMACKEY2018

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is what I noticed online vs in person play .. you can't push someone off a pot when they think a flush or a straight will come off to them. Happens day in and out to me . So have to factor that in to every call you make. People like that keep doing it because it does pay off when you play online, seems like there is a lot of flushes and straights there more so than in person. I don't know. what does everyone think?

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see your point...IF!

If you're not factoring opponents making terrible, donkish plays in your decision making whilst playing micro stakes & freeroll MTT's and taking careful & intelligent precautions against that, it's going to end in tears.

If you want to argue that getting sucked out on by maniacs or clueless muppets is evidence of a big online poker con then I'd like to direct you towards the rigged mega-thread. [emoji1303]

I had an interesting hand the other day.. Dealt pocket 88's in position I raised pre and we go two-handed to the 822 flop. I bet the flop hoping he'll think I'm just continuing/stealing. He calls. Great. Turn shows 822,2.. Well, it's unlikely he has a deuce and even if he has AA he's pretty much dead to two outs. Although I'm almost always miles ahead I now want to shut it down or get maximum value so shove all in. When he calls I'm momentarily worried, when he tables AJh, I'm relieved. He can't hit an ace or jack to beat me and has maybe 1.9% equity. The river (of course) comes the case deuce and he wins with a higher kicker behind our shared quad deuces.

Now, some might argue this is evidence for something or other, it's too much of a coincidence or would never happen in 'real' live poker. It isn't, and it does.

Even though someone has just one out on the river, that one card has exactly the same chance of hitting as any single other of the 44 remaining cards.

Is it unfortunate to lose a big pot in a tournament? Sometimes. Am I upset by it happening? Perhaps for a second. Then it should dawn on you that you got your chips in a 98.1% (or whatever) favourite and pretty much as close to always as possible in poker, you're the one counting that pot into your stack.

If you can't see the positives hidden just a layer or two underneath these situations then in my opinion you're in need of a perception shift.

As someone else already said, I don't know what to tell you...

If you can't take emotion out of the equation and embrace variance then you might want to figure out how you're going to move forward because losing big pots or someone catching a miracle card are things that are always going to happen at some stage. It's inevitable.

Work out how to navigate around, or insulate yourself from, this.
I can see your point...to a certain extent...BUT, after you watch it happen over and over again at a site, a person tends to think of the "other" variances involved, such as Bots, Paid Reps, filler seats, HOT SEATS and the dreaded "table moderator", who we ALL KNOW can manipulate the river deal out...hence the "lag" at ACR before the river card is dealt out. The "pre" programming is figuring out who to give the winner to. Watching the same person win hands playing bs cards isn't about MY emotions, nor MY luck...it's about "something else" involved, such as "rigged up", poorly programmed sites. I leave you with my favorite quote.
" a site is only as good as the people who are pre programming it!"
--Sidenotch--

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first thing we think is that the system, the bots, and an interspatial mafia have taken our money. I think on the contrary that it has been a bad patch. Take some time for you to regain confidence, because that way you will not get good results

P

passmg2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love reading all the posts on this thread. I always figure the aggressive Russian Federation mafia dudes are the 'bots' at the table...lol. But, my place can suck at times and I think that's it. Even though I hate losing to a fluky hand, I think 888 is a legit, honest site and enjoy playing there. Even if there are some Russian Federation trained killers at the table! lol

J

jbosker84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On top of all this...they never gave me my bonus. I know that they can be a pain in the you know what but still. I contacted them three days ago and still no response!