Best laptop for online poker

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it doesn’t have to be very expensive or with advanced settings, most software on poker sites are very light

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay away from Chromebook's since most poker software requires either Windows or Mac OS. Windows would be best and will be a lot cheaper than a MacBook.

That said, I'm a Mac fan all the way.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Any suggestions on the best laptop for online poker ? :pcguru:

Best or what is adequate?

You won't need much...
CPU i3
Ram 4GB

at the most...
i5
Ram 8GB

A

andrzejaa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The laptop must be good enough for pokerstars not to jam, but also cheap enough that there will be no regret after throwing it out the window, as you break AA.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars most recent updates have made it more resource heavy. You can turn down the settings but then it looks old and clunky.

They are heavily advertising Chromebook here on TV at the moment. The ads are really misleading, going on about security, no data loss, long battery life etc. And completely overlooking the fact that you are extremely limited in what you can use them for. In my mind it's basically a tablet in a laptop case, but without the App ecosystem of a tablet. Tablet versions of poker rooms are also very limited.

Buying a Chromebook is no different to one of those older cheap Windows CE laptops as far as functionality goes.

Grosvenor poker recently moved from the defunct MPN to the iPoker network, and in doing so no longer have a client that works on Mac. They say they are working on it, but it's not been forthcoming. The only option seems to be web based, and I believe they aren't supporting tournament play yet on that.

As much as I hate Windows, it really is the only way to be sure you can do everything you want to do when it comes to poker, and a lot of other things.

The poker clients generally have pretty low system requirements so you need something that copes well with Windows 10. I would suggest avoiding 4GB RAM models unless you're comfortable upgrading the RAM yourself. You don't need fancy graphics for poker. SSD is not essential, but will give a better experience with Windows. 1920 x 1080 screen is helpful to squeeze a few more windows on the screen and still be able to read them.

I use an i5, I can't comment on AMD or Pentium/Celeron since I've not used one.

V

valts102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bigger monitor,better playing.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are going to multitable, you want a reasonably fast graphics card, so that it does not look awkward, or you experience the mouse "freezing" delaying your actions. I have just bough a new laptop, and unfortunately its a bit of an issue compared to my old one.

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Panasonic is good.
It´s very speedy, light & tough.
It´s necessary to make large the capacity of strage.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you are going to multitable, you want a reasonably fast graphics card, so that it does not look awkward, or you experience the mouse "freezing" delaying your actions. I have just bough a new laptop, and unfortunately its a bit of an issue compared to my old one.

Intel CPU onboard graphics seem more than adequate even while using multiple monitors. I don't have a GPU in my computer but am planning on adding one but only because I'm also adding in another monitor and will be running 4 monitors off of my computer.

What setup do you have that you're getting the 'freezing' on? (fwiw, I don't get freezing happening on an old laptop w pentium dual core cpu, 4GB ram and it must be 10yrs. old).
I also don't have 'aurora' update downloaded from Stars though. (don't like it at all).

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after setting and re-setting multiple setups for poker. my recommended settings are 27 inch desktop screen or at least a 15.6 laptop display, at least 8 ram, at least an i5 or similar processor and a mediocre graphics card. dont just go with onboard graphics. this will reduce lag especially if you play on multiple tables. just my 2 cents.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Any suggestions on the best laptop for online poker ? :pcguru:

You dont need "the best" laptop for that ... Even i use some cheap (used) laptop for it :bebored:

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, you don't need a really good laptop to play poker unless you use some solver tools, software with big data,... So the best is that you should buy a laptop with a large monitor (if you want to play multi table) that you can afford.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a hp, and it works well, but I calculate that all must be good

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Just make sure it has 16GB RAM, SSD hard drive and at least 2GB of VRAM and you'll be fine. Gonna be VERY expensive tho. VERY!

Desktops are better

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually poker sites request not to much resources so you can play with most of laptops