Best book for Online Play

P

Pokaslag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys , so way I see it strategy varies massively between live and online , I have read a few books regarding live play Gus Hansen's most insightful , however I am looking for a recommendation for a book regarding online play , hit me up with your suggestions , good luck at the tables

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nathan William's aka "Blackrain79" has written a few books regarding his online success. He also has some free YouTube content out there - should definitely give that a view.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How does strategy vary massively between live and online? It seems both straightforward to me.
The only thing different is that you get live tells which shapes your perception of the table

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is changing fast. Books become obsolete. Watch a video about how players are playing now, read articles on poker sites.

P

Pokaslag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How does strategy vary massively between live and online? It seems both straightforward to me.
The only thing different is that you get live tells which shapes your perception of the table
Imo online is much tighter play and reads are down to betting patterns , where as live as you say tells from body language , and range

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BlackRain79 and Bencb (raiseyouredge) have a good amount of free info on youtube. Also try to find streamers on twitch that play the same stakes you're interested in improving on. Many of them even go as far as talking through their whole tournaments, including critical spots live (with 3-4min delay). This has been a valuable resource to me and will continue to be as I move up the ranks. If they aren't live you can still watch their VODS which are just as useful.

The ability to interact with them is also wonderful because you can ask a specific question and most likely get a great answer, especially if you support the stream a little with some bits (can be obtained for free from watching a couple ads) or at least a follow and friendly Good Luck message.

I like:
Spraggy (Mid-High Stakes)
EasywithAces (Mid-High Stakes)
Bfizz11 (low-mid stakes)
ArlieShaban (low-mid stakes)
MattStaples (mid-high)
PokerStaples (mid-high)
LexVeldhuis (high stakes)
AllinPav (high stakes)
TableCaptainn (low-mid stakes)

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BlackRain79 and Bencb (raiseyouredge) have a good amount of free info on youtube. Also try to find streamers on twitch that play the same stakes you're interested in improving on. Many of them even go as far as talking through their whole tournaments, including critical spots live (with 3-4min delay). This has been a valuable resource to me and will continue to be as I move up the ranks. If they aren't live you can still watch their VODS which are just as useful.

The ability to interact with them is also wonderful because you can ask a specific question and most likely get a great answer, especially if you support the stream a little with some bits (can be obtained for free from watching a couple ads) or at least a follow and friendly Good Luck message.

I like:
Bfizz11 (low-mid stakes)
MattStaples (mid-high)
PokerStaples (mid-high)
AllinPav (high stakes)

You should spend a bunch of time watching these guys. Most of them talk through the situations and you can really learn.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Poker Online: Los secretos del mejor jugador: Raúl Mestre; The Theory of Poker: David Sklansky. These two books are the pillars in my mind for online play because they contain a lot of data or assumptions for the game unlike live play

P

Pokaslag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I like:
Bfizz11 (low-mid stakes)
MattStaples (mid-high)
PokerStaples (mid-high)
AllinPav (high stakes)
Thanks for the great response [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]