N

neonprpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi to all.Regarding your poker avatar you play with.Do you think it can play a role and give you an advantage in some way?Are there some kinds of images that humans instinctively have a psychological reaction to, that you may benefit from?

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi to all.Regarding your poker avatar you play with.Do you think it can play a role and give you an advantage in some way?Are there some kinds of images that humans instinctively have a psychological reaction to, that you may benefit from?

Hi neonprpl

A great observation here. Sometimes I pay no attention whatsoever to avatars, however there are some that do catch your eye and you get to wondering what they mean. However, I don't tend to let the avatar affect me or my play in any way as that is just not something that I think works....but guess that some people will be influenced by some avatars.

Some avatars also help you to remember certain players though so maybe a less conspicuous avatar is better for ones own protection.

Good luck at the felts.

BB

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every little thing plays a role in poker, even an avatar, but do not forget about the skill, professionals do not look at the avatar, they play by cards

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My avatars are usually cute dogs to get people to feel safe and secure and then I bite(metaphorically)!

A

Amoh2001

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I don’t use one nor have I ever been influenced by one

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t pay attention to avatars, which means that an avatar cannot influence me in any way. Well, unless I remember a player with a motley avatar.

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, no, I never thought about that. I don’t think that anyone is looking at avatars, and I don’t look at them either. For me, an avatar is the decoration of your account, and nothing more.:):)

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that profile picture is not psychologically nobody kkk

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I frequently use my own art like the one I use here. I am currently using a cartoon smiley face but also have used a Stonehaven Easter Island statue (my pokerface)

FB-IMG-1589157855012.jpg

FB-IMG-1589157875462.jpg

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
better avatars have not seen[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

O

olegshubin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I choose the avatar as scary as possible to intimidate the opponent, the last time I chose a big toothy donkey and the opponents immediately clicked fold:rolleyes::rolleyes:

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players try to put additional pressure on their opponents by placing aggressive avatars. Avatars that are too flashy or overly ugly can divert player's attention to themselves. If I feel that an avatar is reducing my focus, I remove it by checking the "Block Image" option.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some sites don't let you change it once you upload one, or only infrequently. I find some avatars very irritating. I agree it can help you identify some players you see regularly. I am thinking of going back to a generic image myself.

N

neonprpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great answers guys.Good luck to everyone.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An avatar is a useful thing. You can learn a few things about your opponents through it.
Because there is less information about the other player online, every little opportunity
must be taken if you want to win. The avatar is a great help in this.
Of course, if you feel like it, you can express your personality with your own avatar.

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't think an avatar modifies my game, but if it helps me to remember a player easier, I use a random one but before I used a photo of me:rock:

rustixxx

rustixxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who has self-control doesn’t scare him. Indeed, an avatar doesn’t scare him.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally , the enemy avatar does not play any role. I prefer to look at the cards and not at the avatars of opponents !!!!!!!

W

WarrenCushing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On ACR they have so many annoying ones. It can offer a small clue about the type of person you are playing. When you see the wrestler, pukers, strippers, various monsters, you have to wonder. Of course it might be a bit savvy to have a misleading avatar. I wish they had a black square of nothing, that is what I would be.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For my way of thinking or seeing things, a simple avatar will not give us an advantage over another player.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Some believe it , most people i don't think they believe it , despite using some fancy , comic , strange or ''poker bullyng'' images or words/lines in a image :)

I used a dellusional/illusional image for fun , I thought it might had a result on some players , maybe it had , I mean look once at it and your eyes go up and down either you want or not , LOL :D But no , most are not affected , they might think you are a fun player , or stupid and start calling more But either way , they can DISABLE your image/avater after they see it for one time , so , what's the point ??? I have black image on my account , nothing on Stars , On 888poker I want the image most players have , on ACR nothing :)

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Avatar, although something very simple, but it reflects the personality of the player an has a meaning in psychology