B

beginnerbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you categorize people based of their avatars?

For instance, I tag people with zoomed-in faces as loose players. The zoomed-in face indicates that they want attention and willing to play many hands. It tells the table that they want to be the star of the table.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Nah, I don't care about avatars and don't ever search for the deep meaning behind them. I just sometimes block avatars which I find to be disturbing ones :vroam: :laugh:

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never adjusted anything by avatars, except if they are pros, then its because they are pros, not because of their avatars.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably need to tag them based on how they play but hey you do you :D.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care about their avatars, but I analyze the way they play at the table ... :)

B_D_Cout

B_D_Cout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting theory, I can honestly say I don’t pay any attention at all to people’s avatars or what they mean but I’ll be keeping an eye out now just to see if what you’re saying is accurate

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe some avatar and or names show just the opposite the way the players like to play or have it as a main feature, but could be not. But it doesn't interfere my game at all. Indeed it shows a bit fun players expressing themselves by their avatars and nicknames and if any image disgust me some way, I erase it.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the avatars disabled, one less thing to distract you at the table

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Avatars distract you for a few seconds, but categorizing them would not be the most accurate.

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't care about avatar while playing. I am just try to read according to their play.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see a player with the photo of Daniel Negreanu it always makes me smile. :D
But otherwise i don't care. :rolleyes:

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes an idiotic avatar is an idiot player.

J

jeff1nx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think this is a good point haha, sometimes one player with idiot avatar its a good player

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a person on the avatar has aces, and he raises out of position, I think it's worth thinking about)

GGthiagoXD

GGthiagoXD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you categorize people based of their avatars?

For instance, I tag people with zoomed-in faces as loose players. The zoomed-in face indicates that they want attention and willing to play many hands. It tells the table that they want to be the star of the table.
for sure you can read and have some information, especially everything in poker counts despite being a game with thematic and incomplete information.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.To tell you the truth,I´ve never cared about avatars of the people on my tables.It is better to study and pay attention to the way they play instead.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember in the olden days, players used to look for baby avatars and names that were in all caps- those were supposed to be the recreational players.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes of course of course, the Avatar is one of the main ones. What characterizes the player.

K

Keith557444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i turn off avatars no need for them to me its just another distraction i dont need

rion85

rion85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
It's funny. That was the topic yesterday during a pokerstars twitch broadcast.
The opinions were very different. In my point of view you can read some informations from avatars. but to read the game is more important.

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have not noticed his game at all and not in a photo

Pomf123

Pomf123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like it if acr had custom profile pics but generally i like to disable it because i just don't find them nice to look at outside of a select few.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pay no attention to Avatars, they give off no information on the player themselves - I just stick to paying attention to their stats and then proceeding to observe how they play based off that. On ACR, I disabled Avatars too - just less graphics to look at. To me, less is more.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Hello. We could all have fun building our own Mr. Potato Head with all the parts to choose from. Silly, huh?