Attacking draw freerolls tournaments

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you often notice that during freerolls your opponents never fold flush-draw or straight-draw on the flop or turn? They continue to attack and raise, with 30-35% to win, maybe they are psychics?

mpelletier92

mpelletier92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They have nothing to lose and if they win a huge pot they're almost guaranteed to stay in for a while.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you often notice that during freerolls your opponents never fold flush-draw or straight-draw on the flop or turn? They continue to attack and raise, with 30-35% to win, maybe they are psychics?

They arent there to play poker to begin with. They are only there to see if they can bad beat someone, see if there trash can win LOL Same thing at lower levels as well

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just the bingo that comes along with freeroll, hold out till you got a good hand and double up. sure you will take some bad beats but at the lowerstakes mtt people are just giving chips away.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always I give to see the turn before to raise the size of the bank. Then your opponent sees that the call is wrong. Sometimes they call. They lose often.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls were always like this. All in on the first hand with 100 blinds, calling allins with K T and hitting or lots of limps.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The logical thing is to play check and get the opportunity to see the next street.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its freeroll... Often only cents for cashing, and at least solid bucks for winning... I plat them same way...

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a lot of them believe a 35% chance post flop to complete a flush or outside straight is a smart play.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Yes, quite the common occurrence. Flush draw in particular. I get it though. It is a freeroll and people play more loose because they have nothing to lose and all to gain. Also the tournament structure is often very fast.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are the most laid-back tournaments where you can win something but you don’t have to pay for the game. Why not play freely and not worry about losing. There will still be more freerolls.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have noticed that, but you have to take into account that it is a freeroll, which is the worst thing that can happen to you from wasting time playing that tournament? because they are not investing money, just time in that tournament, you also have to keep in mind that they may be looking for a better play than is obvious in the flop, suppose they follow their instinct or have a lot of faith or hope to have a lot of luck

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This raises the blocking which is usually used against tight opponents. In the micro and medium Bain is a common situation. In the high-stakes bet that it usually only makes the wrong call in terms of mathematics. When a flush draw on the flop bet is equal to half of the bank. Or against a very cautious opponents 75%

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If for instance 4.000 players compete for 1.000$, and a mini-cash is 10-20c, do you really want to spend your time trying to fold your way to that mini-cash? I would rather either build a big stack, that give me a shot at reaching the final table, or be done with the thing, so I can spend my time on something else ;)

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, many people play freerolls as a wheel of fortune. Especially at the beginning of the tournament, all in and all in. Some accurate psychics, live 5-6 times in a row with any card beat.

Freeroll Passwords