Apps vs. Desktop

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only ever played poker via pokerstars App and Ladbrokes app 888 android app... I have never played on a desktop or laptop version. what is the difference. do other players have information about my poker playing history? that I do not have on the Apps

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You do not get to review your hand history fully on apps, not are there HUDs that work with apps as far as I know.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUDS would probably be the main difference. Not every player has a HUD though, in fact I'd wager that most do not. At least not at the micro and low stakes.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUDS would probably be the main difference. Not every player has a HUD though, in fact I'd wager that most do not. At least not at the micro and low stakes.

I guess I'll upset you, but this is no longer the case. 2019th year, players use all the possibilities.

Playing on a smartphone - you probably only play one table. Even playing at least two tables at the same time is not convenient on a small screen, constantly switching between tables.

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I'll upset you, but this is no longer the case. 2019th year, players use all the possibilities.

Playing on a smartphone - you probably only play one table. Even playing at least two tables at the same time is not convenient on a small screen, constantly switching between tables.
I play at 3 or 4 table's at a time. The pokerstars app switches nicely but I have to admit, you gotta have a solid brain and reading capabilities because when the app switches you have to read the deck in a second.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst problem I face on 888 on mobile device is it only supports single table. So, you can not play 2 games and it is not good at all.

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apologies... what's a hud

The worst problem I face on 888 on mobile device is it only supports single table. So, you can not play 2 games and it is not good at all.
888 is the worst app version of the poker apps I use. agreed. pokerstars is the best.. but I do enjoy the Ladbrokes Poker app. the tournament's are better than pokerstars. when I say better I mean easier to do well in. i don't know the reason why. maybe because not thousands involved just a few hundred

Last edited by a moderator:
ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

playing on more than 1 table is difficult for me... I need to be able to focus and see how the other people on my table are playing.. watch them... I can't do that with multiple tables. but the apps do let you play multiple tables

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that if you are serious about poker you should not play on the mobile devices(only if you want to have fun). there are plenty of tools that you can you on laptop/desktop that you can not use on mobile (huds , poker tracker, preset betting buttons, searching for regs online, etc).

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that if you are serious about poker you should not play on the mobile devices(only if you want to have fun). there are plenty of tools that you can you on laptop/desktop that you can not use on mobile (huds , poker tracker, preset betting buttons, searching for regs online, etc).
I need to upgrade then..

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better to play the desktop version. On android play only if you can not.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on a PC, it's easier to play at multiple tables and you can use apps to collect information

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at 3 or 4 table's at a time. The pokerstars app switches nicely but I have to admit, you gotta have a solid brain and reading capabilities because when the app switches you have to read the deck in a second.
I personally do not know how to play 3-4 tables on a mobile phone. As much as possible to roll this is 2 tables, but no more. Than it is inconvenient to roll several tables on the phone, you do not have statistics on the players as they play and this is very sad.

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally do not know how to play 3-4 tables on a mobile phone. As much as possible to roll this is 2 tables, but no more. Than it is inconvenient to roll several tables on the phone, you do not have statistics on the players as they play and this is very sad.
I play with play money so I don't do stats. And the pokerstars app is a breeze at switching table's. It's a good way to only play good hands lol.

For real money I would probably play at my PC more often.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely choose the desktop for a serious profit game. I only play my mobile phone in the event of a power failure or loss of fixed internet

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i vote for the desktop, there are more opportunities and viewing is better

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heh, never tried to play by mobile app (I prefer MTTs, mostly 2-3 tables at the same time, so just can't imagine how to play them using mobile app).