Are any US players still making a living playing online poker?

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play part time about 10 years ago. The online pros I knew back then have either moved on from poker or moved out of the US. With the US card rooms getting a little more popular like ACR, is anyone doing this full time for their main source of income?

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I have answered my own question. I have found some US based streamers that grind the lower stakes and are at least paying the bills. Doesn’t look like any of them are getting rich from it, but they are still able to play poker full Tim from home. Nice to see it can still be done.

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know if its possible to play poker for a living. I think you would have to be damn near a perfect person to actually profit from it but i do harbor dreams to be one

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It must be possible. If you win enough consistently and they pay often enough.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe, if you are in a state where online gambling is legal and you put the work needed.. But you'll be limited by a small amount of site you can play on. I know non US players doing poker for a living and it's hard as any other jobs. I'm not sure with the situation, if any US player really tried to make a living of online poker recently.

I was chatting on Twitter with US players and it looks some sites accept players, but wont take anything else then bitcoins for deposits or withdrawals..

But everything is possible in poker.. maybe there're some, but wont come out to keep their secret until the situation is more stable!

The entry of partypoker in Nevada (if it happens) should make the thing more easy to achieve in the next few months/years.

But with all due respect, don't quit your day job just yet!

-TRP-

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a bunch of ACR Stormers that are paying their bills with it. Like I said, I don’t think any of them are getting rich, but they seem to be getting by.