After taking some time off: take it slow, or jump right in?

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope everyone is doing well -

Took a few weeks off and felt super uncomfortable in my first tournament back.

For the avid players - After you've taken a bit of time off, do you jump straight back into the fire or do some hand review / studying before jumping back in?

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I jumped right back in, but Im only doing small stuff like freerolls and up to a max of $.50 atm. I also just started CardChats "Becoming a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days". Do what feels right to you.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually take 2 weeks off after 4-5 months of playing ..when i return to tables, it's true that i need like 2 days to get used with game again

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took a few years off and recently came back. I just jumped right back in. Cashed in a few freerolls and started building a new bankroll. My attitude has changed though. I'm not trying to be a "pro" I'm just playing for fun any money won is just icing on the cake.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My break was also measured in years. It took me a couple months to get back to where I fell confident again. With the help of Cards Chat, I feel my game is better now than ever before.

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This situation is just happening to me, I am in a new job and the truth is that I am very short of time to be able to play, I think that the frerrolls of tomorrow and Sunday will allow me to clear myself a little and in case of obtaining any profit in these tournaments I would play with caution the micro tables

SwaggyJ

SwaggyJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope everyone is doing well -

Took a few weeks off and felt super uncomfortable in my first tournament back.

For the avid players - After you've taken a bit of time off, do you jump straight back into the fire or do some hand review / studying before jumping back in?

If you practice great BR management then I'd say jump right back in. Volume is everything in order to see results in tournament players.

If you know how to ride a bicycle, you'll always know how to ride a bicycle.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a long break I'm usually playing cardschat freerolls and after a week or smth I might deposit a few dollars :)