Advice

D

dewey_cantu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been really doing good at at tournament play but cash games haven't been doing good a y advise

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've been really doing good at at tournament play but cash games haven't been doing good a y advise

I think you have to use different approaches to different kind of games.
There is a lot of information here about cash games, you should read some articles to improve your game. Try this one:

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php

I don't have anything more to say, because I not that good at cash games too... :eek:

R

Rybod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I also agree with tagece . it's hard to provide general advice in one post. that is what this entire forum is about.

the play is very different. I am not great at cash games myself, but i am here to learn and at least I am not loosing as much now. so that's a start.

i cant offer any specific advice as I am not great at them. read , read and read a lot here, check out some youtube channels, also found from posts here. etc.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my advice would be stick to tournament. I play cash games live but there doesn't seem to be as much "variance". I have tried several times to step into online cash I will do good for a while then I'll lose couple huge stacks to suck outs that I just dom't see live at least not as often and it's too much for me to handle losing over 1 bad call by other player that worked out for them. Tournaments are no diff but only costs a few bucks and I can just start another one.

CAC1QU3

CAC1QU3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Why are u good at tournaments? Do you know how to make pressure? Are you good in Push-or-Fold situations? Do you know how to play/dominate a bubble/FT situation?

I think many good (!) cash game players having a little bit skill over the average tournament player, who hopes for good cards and to stack up ;) Many tournament players are very weak in postflop play. That's the chance for a good cash game player (they have normally missing skills in PoF/bubble situations and so on).

If you wanna stay at tournament poker stay there and work on your game to climb up to the next level. If you wanna increase you general poker skills and becoming more better (and dangerous) in your post flop play - go ahead and train in cash game tables :cool:

Good luck and have fun!