ACR is wonky again

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
been having problems logging in today and i live chatted someone and this is what i got for a explanation

4:24:33 PM
Nathan

Thank you for your report, currently some of our players are experiencing connectivity issues, our technical department is currently working on fixing the issuee. Due to technical issues all running and late reg tournaments are currently paused, please allow us up to 30 min to resume the event

nick

ok so im assuming its like a DDOS attack again?? if so it could be early tommorow maybe then

4:24:45 PM

4:27:48 PM
Nathan

We don't have an aswer yet regarding that Nick. But we are trying to restore everything. Thank you very much for the report.Right now we don't have an exact time frame for this Logan. But we are trying to fix it as soon as possible.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so chances are it is another DDOS again *siggggh guess its 888 for the rest of the day :)

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yup...not sure if another DDOS attack or not...guess I needed a break anyway...hope it's back up soon

betty the rake

betty the rake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Irony

this has been happening less and less...but now seems to be only when you really want to play....

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR frozen on “configuring” screen and not opening up

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same here i had to reinstall it working fine now but its still gonna act up again.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Logged out after disconnect in 1st with 116BB came back 1 hour later approx. at 62BB not happy.

grindmylifeaway

grindmylifeaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR Configering....

I've been gettingthis message almost every time I try to l:(g on. Lately I've just been closing down and re-openingthe client andThats beenworking for me so far.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yea this happened to me a bunch. they will have you clear your cookies and delete your browsing history on both explorer and firefox, uninstall the program and reinstall it should work after that.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
been having problems logging in today and i live chatted someone and this is what i got for a explanation

4:24:33 PM
Nathan

Thank you for your report, currently some of our players are experiencing connectivity issues, our technical department is currently working on fixing the issuee. Due to technical issues all running and late reg tournaments are currently paused, please allow us up to 30 min to resume the event

nick

ok so im assuming its like a DDOS attack again?? if so it could be early tommorow maybe then

4:24:45 PM

4:27:48 PM
Nathan

We don't have an aswer yet regarding that Nick. But we are trying to restore everything. Thank you very much for the report.Right now we don't have an exact time frame for this Logan. But we are trying to fix it as soon as possible.

I like ACR and the tournaments are great, but I have switched to other sites and only use ACR for free rolls. Just too many problems IMO to actually try and put any volume on that site.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea this happened to me a bunch. they will have you clear your cookies and delete your browsing history on both explorer and firefox, uninstall the program and reinstall it should work after that.

It didn’t need anything. I rebooted it several times and all of a sudden it was ok. I think this was another attack. Sucks I was in a couple tournaments and got blinded out.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR is not up as of 6:43 pst "configuring.."

I tried the fix ACR suggested previously:
1. win key + r
2. type in: cmd
3 type in: ipconfig /flushdns

Waited 3 minutes, logged out of ACR
restarted ACR from icon, this time it is up: 6:48 pst

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It didn’t need anything. I rebooted it several times and all of a sudden it was ok. I think this was another attack. Sucks I was in a couple tournaments and got blinded out.

Glad it is working for you just keep this in mind. Because it will happen eventually. For some reason ACR is just really going down hill

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad it is working for you just keep this in mind. Because it will happen eventually. For some reason ACR is just really going down hill

Unfortunately it has been struggling. I only use my lap top for poker and it’s fairly new, so I knew it wasn’t my hardware. I’m surprised ACR has allowed this software problem to escalate. I’m sure there’s something they can do to improve. I never read about this happening with any frequency at pokerstars. In fact I have only read about 1 DDOS attack at stars. Obv I’m rooting for Acr due to my limited options.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately it has been struggling. I only use my lap top for poker and it’s fairly new, so I knew it wasn’t my hardware. I’m surprised ACR has allowed this software problem to escalate. I’m sure there’s something they can do to improve. I never read about this happening with any frequency at Pokerstars. In fact I have only read about 1 DDOS attack at stars. Obv I’m rooting for Acr due to my limited options.

I kind of agree, honestly if this is any look into the future of how ACR will be about their software and customer service then I kind of hope the other WPN sites will step their game up and compete. I've already switched to ignition for cash games and plan on making a deposit at Bet Online. I still play ACR for free rolls but with the software issues I don't want to put any real volume on there. I hope that one of the US friendly sites steps their game up and they can pull most of the ACR population to them making whichever site does it better than ACR

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really is a shame they struggle with issues like this. ACR seems to be one of the best sites left to play on for USA but with off and on again problems it makes it hard to trust them. I will say this though they always refunded money back when they cancelled a tournament I was in. Even split the prizepool in a $10 freeroll we had about 50 left in!

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Problems here again, configuring, then get a random update which seems like its something super weird and not really an update.

mathtree

mathtree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I'm lucky in this regard.I played on ACR all day today and it worked like a charm for me and I had a profitable day.I bought a new laptop last week with no disc drive ( it's a solid state drive) and it's lightning fast. Maybe that helped but I don't know.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi , try a different computer, i have the same problem and use a different computer, works fine , something on my 1st computer (chrome or something ) seems to block the flash adverts from opening after login,
Hope any info helps ?

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I see 'configuring...' a LOT... I have found if I kill the client process by using task manager? 'End Process' it seems to load when I relaunch, but otherwise, it just hangs at 'Configuring...' for 10+ Minutes, to which I close the App, and restart to get the same thing.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I see 'configuring...' a LOT... I have found if I kill the client process by using task manager? 'End Process' it seems to load when I relaunch, but otherwise, it just hangs at 'Configuring...' for 10+ Minutes, to which I close the app, and restart to get the same thing.

Thanks. This also worked for me eventually. It took about 5-10 attempts and upwards of an hour but eventually I was able to log back on. It is frustrating when this happens during tournaments and there’s not much recourse.