Aces

S

Sirwahl87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm going to start slow rolling pocket aces everytime, I get busted 8/10 times shoving preflop, and suggestions folks

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it a proven stats or is it only what you feel?

Before having a tracker, I had the same feeling and now the tracker is shoving to my face that memory in poker only remembers the bad beats. Most of the times...

Proven fact: yesterday I got dealt KK 4 times that went all-in preflop (not necesserally by me) and I lost 3 times with them. I think I'm good for a LONG time before they get beat under the same circumstances...

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That really depends your sit position, chips, how many players calling, etc. Your decision should be based on many factors, you can't decide making the same thing in every situation.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get busted 8 out of 10 times with AA slow rolling or pushing so if any bets over 3BB I just fold em. AA is my least favorite hand!!!:D:D

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish Hunter.

AA is always a fish hunter. I try to be very agressive against no experience players. And be pacient if a bad beat comes.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you should just have a single approach for aces. You need to consider your stack, the blinds, your position, and that of your opponents.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting Aces Preflop

With Aces I actually try to bet 5-10 BBs rather than going all in. The players who call 10BBs would also call the all-in. Post flop, I always tell myself that Aces are only as good as 1 pair. Something as low as 32o can beat you on a 32K board. Makes you stop and think before going or calling all-in post flop.

starlord2014

starlord2014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time I have AA in ACR i get demolished, whats up with that.

Krexnik

Krexnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow playing aces is dangerous in my opinion. You're better off just barreling and looking out for tough spots. If they suck out then whatever, but don't allow yourself to get superstitious and always believe you are going to get screwed. Let people try to be durrr and play their 63 off against your PF raise... btw, he just lost the biggest pot in poker history against aces :cool:

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its all about timing, position, has anyone else called, chip stacks. there is always a time and place for any call. weather it be all in pocket 3s or fold pocket As:rolleyes:

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to raise as high as possible if not all in preflop to get all the nutters who limp in with low cards like 27s or 36o and end up hitting a monster on the flop and winning.

I used to slow play monster pockets but got busted out by crap cards. I feel if the more money in the pot preflop, the less likely you are to have a bad beat.

S

Sirwahl87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm getting sucked out like 8 out ten times when I go all in preflop

S

Sirwahl87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's my worst hand as well

S

Sirwahl87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you should just have a single approach for aces. You need to consider your stack, the blinds, your position, and that of your opponents.

I do consider all those and majority of the time I'm in the perfect spot to do so but yet again majority of the times I fail

710suited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowrolling is not nice.

What site are you playing on and do you track your play?

Against a full table of random hands, AA will win under 30% of the time.
Against any individual random hand, AA will win 85% of the time.
Presumably, your tournament featured full tables. That means that if you play the hand in a way that keeps too many opponents in the hand, you are going to lose very frequently. In the long run, it will be slightly less often than you experienced, but not by much.
This is part of the reasoning behind the advice to play AA aggressively in order to narrow the field.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do consider all those and majority of the time I'm in the perfect spot to do so but yet again majority of the times I fail

If you're going all in with aces a lot, you have to remember it's just a pair. Lots of hands can beat it. I rarely go all in with aces pre-flop. In fact I think the only time I do is when I'm short stacked. The rest of the time I usually five-bet. It's a fair warning for other players to get out of the way before I smash them post flop. :) Try adjusting how you play the aces. And as mentioned above, sometimes you have to fold them.