A new kind of misclick.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, so I got a funny story. :D I was browsing through the tournaments looking for one that fits in my buyin range. I saw it, but it was starting in 15 minutes. The one which just started, was a lot more expensive, but it had satellites.

I looked at the satellites and it had one with 16 players max and just 10 registered. I lingered, considering to enter. The registered players got up to 15 and I took the decision! I'll try it!

To be the 16th and not have to wait, I hurried up! Pressed the play now button and ok to the buyin. Now here's the twist. Little did I know I accidentally clicked Play Now on the main tournament window and not the satellite. =)

And.. now I'm playing in a tournament which I didn't really want. Lost 60% of the chips in the second hand and just now won them back with two pairs.

But.. please, please.. don't be dumb like me! Look before you pay!

I'm out. Wish me luck in the tourney!

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was on the final table of a 7.5 dollar buy in tournament and misclick folded quads ..

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in the old days of online poker they didn't have the tournaments seperated in the lobby by buy-ins and one time I bought into a $33 tournament instead of a $3.30.

I did end up min. cashing but was definitely playing out of my comfort zone. Back then a $33 tournaments was just as soft as a $3.30 though since 3/4 of the playing pools couldn't tie their own shoes.

Poker is tougher now, I do miss how it used to be SO easy. I'm talking 2002ish here. Now there are still fish but many resources for players to become somewhat competent in the games.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back in the old days of online poker they didn't have the tournaments seperated in the lobby by buy-ins and one time I bought into a $33 tournament instead of a $3.30.

I did end up min. cashing but was definitely playing out of my comfort zone. Back then a $33 tournaments was just as soft as a $3.30 though since 3/4 of the playing pools couldn't tie their own shoes.

Poker is tougher now, I do miss how it used to be SO easy. I'm talking 2002ish here. Now there are still fish but many resources for players to become somewhat competent in the games.

Wow, that's ... unlucky. At least you got the buyin.

I got my buyin too (it's a progressive KO), still in the tournament but not doing so great. Lost a lot on a non-predictable hand, I'm 16BB now and the bubble is so far away (latereg just ended)

Hoping for a Hail Mary to double up..

EDIT: I'm 7BBs now, due to a dude getting a fullhouse over my set with 86o, if you can believe it..

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope it didnt cost you too much of your bankroll....

Never happened to me so far.
I just folded flopped quads once by mis-clicking...

Too bad you didnt make it ITM and turned your misclick
into a nice profit....

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also had a similar case in poker for a long time. I then played badly and unfortunately did not get into prizes. It was a pity mistakenly spent money.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good advice! I mis-click a lot more than I like to admit. I use a trackpad on my iMac which I've got set to a light tap sensitivity instead of the strong push sensitivity that is the default. I usually slide my fingers across the trackpad which results in a lot of the mis-clicks. Sometimes I think I should just use a standard PC mouse, but I do love the trackpad.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice and hopefully you cash

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About miss clicks :)) be careful when u browsing the web and the windows of poker tabel pops out :) you can call or fold something u dont want.

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are still grinding then GL!

N

Narcotic35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Using keyboard shortcuts I accidentally folded pocket AA and other stuff more than once. Especially when multi-tabling zoom; something I don't recommend btw, it's too stressful. :D

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the advise and have the greatest of luck there :D

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate when things like that happen. Hope you did ok in that tournament or at least won you buy in back.

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It also happen to me often because I play way too much tournament at a time.Usually I don't play well in a miss-click tournament.. :(
I should be more careful with my bankroll.

I hope you will cash a lot in your game :)

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a similar story a couple of times. And both times I lost: (

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That has never happen to me, i wish you good luck, what % of you BR did the entry take?

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play online poker LONG ENOUGH, most likely you will have encountered similar Brain Farts, by either being distracted or playing in too many tournaments and mis-clicking on your mouse or touch screen or Simply not paying close enough attention to what you were doing.

Quote of da Day: "Sh!t ...Happens" :pcguru: :eek: :eek: :eek:

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's happened to me a few times, usually when I'm playing several tables and the screen ends up in front of the other one I paid when I was going to pay AA at another table. As you already gave ALL IN in one without intending. I was a bit nervous that day.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With me aslo there was such thing few time especially S&G playing some satellites))