6+ (ACR'S short deck Hold-Em)

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just got an email about this being introduced this month at ACR. If you have never played read the Rules/Guidelines before you just go try it!

If you don't it could cost you a whole lot of money!

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the basics? I usually only play cash games at 6 max tables personally

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are the basics? I usually only play cash games at 6 max tables personally
So plays like T-H but they remove the 2,3,4, and fives from the deck. Three of a kind is better than a straight. Flush beats full house. Ace still wraps around and Ace,6,7,8,9 is. A straight that's the tip of the iceberg.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even IF you read about short deck it could cost you a ton of money! :boxing:
Absolutely ACR rolled it out in cash games today. I thought maybe, just maybe if we gave everyone a heads up. Their wouldn't be ton of screaming about their boat losing to a flush? It's probably going to happen anyway tho?

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely ACR rolled it out in cash games today. I thought maybe, just maybe if we gave everyone a heads up. Their wouldn't be ton of screaming about their boat losing to a flush? It's probably going to happen anyway tho?
HAHAHA - you KNOW it is going to happen. I'm pretty sure we will have to endure the "it is rigged" comments too - considering how short deck almost encourages chasing outs! :D

Post how it goes if you play a bit!

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HAHAHA - you KNOW it is going to happen. I'm pretty sure we will have to endure the "it is rigged" comments too - considering how short deck almost encourages chasing outs! :D

Post how it goes if you play a bit!
I'm steering clear of it online for at least the first week! It's going to be a absolute mess!

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They demoed it on twitch a couple of nights ago. Looks fun. Math is different. Hand winning rankings are differend. I think a flush beats a full house.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They demoed it on twitch a couple of nights ago. Looks fun. Math is different. Hand winning rankings are differend. I think a flush beats a full house.
You are correct. A flush is better than a boat, also three of a kind is better than a straight, and finally if you decide to try it just take everything you know about starting hands and throw it out the window! It's completely different. That's kind of why I suggested some research prior to: "oh it's just Hold-Em with less cards let's try that!" I'm really hoping at least a few piggy Banks don't get destroyed by reading the information available.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are correct. A flush is better than a boat, also three of a kind is better than a straight, and finally if you decide to try it just take everything you know about starting hands and throw it out the window! It's completely different. That's kind of why I suggested some research prior to: "oh it's just Hold-Em with less cards let's try that!" I'm really hoping at least a few piggy Banks don't get destroyed by reading the information available.

Have you studied it anywhere?

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you studied it anywhere?
No I'm definitely a novice at best. We've tried it a few times out here in Arizona. But just in like house games and messing around.that being said it's does make the game more "action Packed" rarely a dry board!

G

goten3k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Been play short deck lots where I live great game

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know a lot of people are really loving it, but i just can't seem to get into the format.
Then again, I'm a pretty strictly hold-em player and not a mixed games fan either, so I probably come from a place of bias.

I did watch the stream with Phil Nagy on the stormers channels and people seem to be liking it.

As far as newer gametypes go, I'm actually really loving OFC (Open-faced chinese) :)

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know a lot of people are really loving it, but i just can't seem to get into the format.
Then again, I'm a pretty strictly hold-em player and not a mixed games fan either, so I probably come from a place of bias.

I did watch the stream with Phil Nagy on the stormers channels and people seem to be liking it.

As far as newer gametypes go, I'm actually really loving OFC (Open-faced chinese) :)

He said 6 days from the day of that stream. Should be very soon. Like in the next 2 days.

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting. I've never played nor even heard about this form of hold em before. It sounds exciting. I just generally tend to stick to games I know and try to get good at 1 specific type at a time. Whenever I jump around from game type to game type I tend to light money on fire and I don't like my money lit on fire haha :p so I just stick to micro stakes NLHE cash games for me so far haha.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah, just makes the game a little more gambly.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oooh I'm probably going to lose all my money, I've been wanting to try this game out! Thanks for letting us know!

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was so excited to see ACR introducing short deck! I've been craving playing some online since the high roller Triton twitch stream. I will be sticking to the lowest possibly stakes to just have some fun with the new game and not lose too much! :D

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Interesting game. I'll definitely try.

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there would be so much actions on short deck holdem. I have been watching the triton videos and there are more gambling spots than the original Texas holdem

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read that its a really swingy game and a lot of the time it turns into big ole shove fests. Haven't played yet myself but looks interesting.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unless you are a pro with money to burn I suggest you stay away from short deck lol