WSOP 2018 Main Event - Final Hand - What do you think??

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think Joh Cynn made slowroll on the las hand of the WSOP 2018 (Main Event)??? What´s your opinion?

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think so. That's a lot of money. Say he was beat with a boat and took that long to call nobody would have said anything. I think it was fine. Now if he had the boat and took that long it would have been a slow roll.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't think he did. He had to take time to think about what had happened in the hand. You should take some time to make the right decision.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most players would have called a lot faster, but I do not think it was his intention to slowroll.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't call what he did slow rolling. It was thinking and calculating the hand. Also both players were getting to the point of mental exhaustion and you need to slow down to think properly.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Slowroll. Just a really big decision after a long night of poker.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a slow roll:

1) They both played for 10 HOURS (heads up), they were both visibly tired so reaction time may have been off.

2) Cynn did not have the nuts. So he had to take time to consider how many bluffs are in Miles range compared to value hands. He was losing to full house if behind.

3) When you have been grinding a poker tournament for 10 days and a $3.8 MILLION dollar decision is on the line you can take as much time as you need to make that final call. For the most part they both were playing pretty quickly during heads up.

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That not slowroll... if he has the nuts thats a slowroll. he only have the 3rd nuts. his card can beat by KQ and AK. and Miles is a bet raiser and it possible that he have that hand...

V

voker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think he slowroll on purpose. But it was a slowroll. Rethink about the hand, how many players can actually think of folding the hand after that flop in a headsup situation? And he did check-call the flop to trap the check-shove on the turn or river. He took his time to make the call which is a good thing as a pro. But took that long in the situation where you will never fold is a slowroll no matter how you justify.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any link with the video anywhere?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Historical marathon! I’ve never seen that before. Patience must be your strong point, because playing for 10 hours in a row a heads-up seems a little heavy.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I considered it a nit-roll more than a slow-roll - he was worried he was behind and considering laying it down but eventually realized the hand was way too strong to fold.

Was a fun battle and an entertaining final table... I was rooting for Cada to take it down. He was only a few flips away. ;)

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a lot of money in first place so I think anything could have happened and he was playing to win but unfortunately the call had to be made as it was pot committed if I am right.

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No slowroll.. Having possible flush draw and full house on turn. I think a difficult decision

N

NutsForPLO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No not a slow roll. People say it was and some people say it’s exhaustion etc. Reality is that they’re the last two players for the Main Event and if anyone was paying attention whatsoever to the chip stacks, whoever won that hand would probably go on to win the tournament. It was a big hand and taking a couple of minutes to think about it was the right move.

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a huge sum of money to call off with trips, I don't believe it was a slowroll. Also they were both fatigued from long days of play. It was the biggest spot of his life. He has to call, which is why he did, but he didn't like it. He was concerned his opponent had him beat as not many players would bluff off their stack for millions of dollars.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he was just trying to make sure he was making the right decision, that and fatigue just made it so he took his time.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a "nit" roll.

They were playing so long and they were so tired....

Considering the circumstances I would probably take the same amount of time to make my decision.

Why is my opponent betting into me when I flopped top trips? Pocket 5's or a diamond draw?

AK and KQ were the only 2 hands that beat him on the flop (and preflop).

Just because he had a strong hand on the flop didn't mean he couldn't lose the hand - and the tournament if he called and his opponent got there.

Good luck !

B

Bodyguard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cynn looked deliriously tired the 2nd half of that HU...I seriously thought he was considering his options. Honestly think he woulda insta snapped if it were the first hour of the HU and he was still fresh.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure

I am not sure that was a slow roll. He did lose earlier with three kings when he was out kicked. I don't know what took him so long to call. You can't really fold that hand there and would be an instant call for most players. I like Cynn and think he was just trying to make sure because it was such a big call.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was definitely not a slowroll. There were many possible hands that beat KJ but there’s not much likelihood of a Cynn fold either. With so much money and a world championship at stake I think Cynn wanted to be 100% and think the situation through. It definitely was the biggest hand of his life and there’s nothing wrong with being sure. I certainly don’t think I would’ve taken much time but I can’t fault him or anyone in that situation for doing so. Both players were mentally and physically drained and analyzing the hand thoroughly was impressive. Congrats Mr Cynn.

D

dane petty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d take the same amount of time if not longer I mean come on it’s for the bracelet and the money. It’s not like it’s a call for $25

WSOP Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands