World Poker Tour APL (Hacked)

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is a copy of the e-mail that I had received from WPTAL.

World Poker Tour APL To notify01@apl1.net

Jan 9 at 6:07 PM
We value your membership and respect the privacy of your information, which is why, as a precautionary measure, we are writing to let you know about a data security incident that may involve your email address.

Between December 25th, 2013 and January 9, 2014 a part of the WPTAPL Database was accessed by a hacker.

The data accessed may have included personal information such as the email address and password from your WPTAPL Member Profile.
To our knowledge, the data accessed did not include any additional data such as Name, Address, Birth Date, Phone Numbers, or Member ID Numbers.

As you are probably aware, to log in to the WPTAPL website, you must use your WPTAPL Member ID and Password (not your email and password).

Our main concern is if you use the same password for your email account as the password on your WPTAPL account.
If this is the case we recommend that you change your password with your email provider.

As an additional security measure, please log in to your WPTAPL account, click “Manage Membership” at the top of the website, then click “To change your PASSWORD – Please Click HERE” at the bottom of the page, and change your membership password.

WPTAPL values your privacy and deeply regrets that this incident occurred. Working with law enforcement and forensic investigators, WPTAPL is conducting a thorough review of the potentially affected computer system, and will notify you if there are any significant developments.
WPTAPL has implemented additional security measures designed to prevent a recurrence of such an attack, and to protect the privacy of WPTAPL’s valued members.

For further information and assistance, please contact WPTAPL at 316-689-0600.

WPTAPL Member Service
memberservice@apl1.net
PO Box 780557
Wichita, KS 67278
316-689-0400
http://www.wptapl.com

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, im surprised theyre openly admitting it... But again, i guess you gotta tell your members who are at risk...

Have they gone public with it yet?

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only say that since this is the first im hearing about it, and have too much time dedicated to poker to search the web for it myself right now :p

Speaking of, 11 minutes til the poker school open and bankroll... Better go get comfy :)

J

justanumbernow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmmm.i have acct there and never got this email..lol

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, im surprised theyre openly admitting it... But again, i guess you gotta tell your members who are at risk...

Have they gone public with it yet?
I guess they have.If you google: (wptapl hacked) it will show poker sites that have an article on it.

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmmm.i have acct there and never got this email..lol

Lol maybe check your spam; or maybe they dont like you.

And i would have googled it but didnt have times before my games today :) but thanks

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this day and age, after years of highly publicized data breaches where online sites have had their customer information stolen, it boggles the mind that sites aren't storing passwords properly salted and hashed. Doing so with a sufficient (and unique to the site) salt would make it near impossible for a stolen password to be determined and reused. They should really be ashamed if they aren't doing this.