Will Joey Ingram and Phil Nagy (ACR) bury the hatchet?

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely can not wait for this interview. Should be epic.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been watching Joey's podcast for over 4 years now. He was friends with the CEO before the bot scandal happened. Now that ACR is taking care of the bots, I think that Joey will be friendly to ACR now.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm looking forward to ACR improving its security. Having the CEO on the podcast is just going to help Winning Poker Network get back in keeping in touch with the community :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have been watching Joey's podcast for over 4 years now. He was friends with the CEO before the bot scandal happened. Now that ACR is taking care of the bots, I think that Joey will be friendly to ACR now.

I watched about 4mins. of it once. I find it easier to watch Judge Judy & Jerry Springer re-runs... even when you KNOW they're rigged! 'Joey'... guy just seems like such a huge whiner.
Hmm.... maybe there's room for me to become a poker personality.
You interested in signing up to my new Twitch channel? (coming soon.... just ask naruto_miu about it. Quality content for fellow micro donks. Maybe I even throw in some freerolls for new sign-ups??).
btw... not joking about this ^

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm going to go with a resounding yes on this one. Would be surprised if there was much argument or disagreement here if Phil is agreeing to come on his show.

TheSeaWizard

TheSeaWizard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible and I say this as someone who watches Joe's podcast on YouTube. But regardless, I am happy to hear that the bots are in process of being kicked from ACR.

Cheating has no place in poker and there is no excuse for it whatsoever.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I will watch this show for sure , very curious to hear them discussing dispite their past disagreements on these important issues .
I hope they settle this dispute beneficially for the sake of all players . It would be the best to eliminate all bots and cheaters from the room , so as everyone who's in the mood to play some real poker and have some fun while grinding , to feel that he is playing in a safe environment , protected by mean cheaters/thieves .

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched about 4mins. of it once. I find it easier to watch Judge Judy & Jerry Springer re-runs... even when you KNOW they're rigged! 'Joey'... guy just seems like such a huge whiner.
Hmm.... maybe there's room for me to become a poker personality.
You interested in signing up to my new Twitch channel? (coming soon.... just ask naruto_miu about it. Quality content for fellow micro donks. Maybe I even throw in some freerolls for new sign-ups??).
btw... not joking about this ^

I watch that poker interviews from Joey, not the other stuff. Great insight from Jungleman, Fedor, Cumicon, Jeans, Goosecore, Perkins, Colman, Galfond, and many other grinders and legends in the game.

As for Twitch, I would follow your channel. What day and times do you stream, and what is your channel?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I watch that poker interviews from Joey, not the other stuff. Great insight from Jungleman, Fedor, Cumicon, Jeans, Goosecore, Perkins, Colman, Galfond, and many other grinders and legends in the game.

As for Twitch, I would follow your channel. What day and times do you stream, and what is your channel?

I'll send you a pm soon.

M

moorejw87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a real issue for low limit games. As long as theres is no collusion with the poker site, I'm fine beating a few bots here and there. Can't wait to hear what these 2 say though.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is a real issue for low limit games. As long as theres is no collusion with the poker site, I'm fine beating a few bots here and there. Can't wait to hear what these 2 say though.

Agreed. ... and seems to be the norm these days on certain games online.
Looking forward to hearing what ACR has to say & I think it's great that they're showing some willingness to have some transparency here. It's more than I can say for other sites.

I haven't played on ACR for years but have been planning on getting back on there some day soon.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So now that it is out, what's everyone's thoughts on how it went? I see that Phil is doing a lot of press. He was even on Loncar's Twitch stream which was a surprise to me.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Did anyone happen to tune into the interview?

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone have any cliff notes on what happened here?

J

jfound888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope so, looking forward to playing on ACR more when it has better security. Hopefully they can find mutual grounds and improve the poker community.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I believe high stakes NLH or PLO players did get sth they wanted all this time , some of their demands satisfied , like ACR to aknowledge bots' existence and demonstrate real interest and determination to fight every cheater and everyone who is using bots and ban accounts . Most important they decide to refund those who have suffered losses , after reviewing each one bot incident , and take decisions to avoid these incidents in the future . They are motivated to catch asap all bots or else it will cost them evry day it they won't . Time will show , fow the time being I believe him / give himsometrust :)Some , how many haven't understood , haven't gotten some of their refund-money yet , it will take time I guess .

CEO boss firmly denies the existence of any superuser . He also talks about the new software whice took a while , more than expected , to be ready , which will dect bots and seating scripts , other programms , it will use if I understood well recaptcha for players to confirm at the tables that they are not bota , if I understood well it will be awesome :)

He says that pokerrooms don't share knowledge, secrets or technology to fight bots , even to buy it , so he works alone . I agree that if they really want to fight bots and colluders , on this matter they can find common ground and cooperate :)

He says that a lot of winning players look like bots :) For real , just imagine being a player that smashes tables and then be banned one day suddenly and lose your online funds , just because one or two that players who were losing constantly to you , were reporting you all the time ......It could happen :(

Next , after bots , it's collsion , the next big problem he says , and I agree with him:)

They move offices to a new building , they double their security personnel (they train the new stuff now) . I hope they find a big room to play the cage poker games now , this basement theyuse now needs to be changed/replaced to sth better hehe:)

I believe him that ACR is targeted by other pokerrooms , because it's not regulated ?? who knows , but who is legal pokeroom nowadays in the US , every state decises for itself , one day is this law , next day is that , then again vice versa

He won't remove countries from the nameplates or let people change usernames , nice ,I don't know where this is allowed though . I think nowhere .

He says it will be only ACR pokerrom and some Americas only tables .
if I heard right mmmmmmm, I didn't understand well , my freaking english , anyway , I hope palyers from all around the world will keep on playing on this room :)

He said sth about creating the ''nano'' stakes for new players , to get to know to poker . Tournaments with 1 cant only to play to familiarize yourself with the game , 1$ is 100 buyins/tournaments or sth like that he said , he will have a promotion like watch some videos and when you do so get a gift of 10cent which is 10 buy ins this nano tournaments .
I am playing at the micros , I am in for this :)

Finally he says he desires evaluation of the progress of his work for the new ACR and the fight against ACR after 3 months and every 3 months , give him some time for progress :) It's absolutely logical imo:)

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did anyone happen to tune into the interview?

I did :)

I thought Phil was very open and honest about why things went wrong, and what he is trying to do to fix the site. I also know know why ACR doesn't do Double or Nothings (collusion/game integrity). All in all, I thought it was a good interview.