Theft

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A US Navy officer stole $ 3 million from the government to play poker

Occupying high-ranking positions in the government, people often begin to abuse their powers, which is exactly what happened with Leutinant Randolph Prince, an officer of the US Navy.
Prins with accomplices developed a fraudulent money laundering scheme - creating non-existent companies that filed applications for government contracts. Over the entire period of existence of this scheme, Prince managed to steal nearly $ 3,000,000 from the government.
The hapless officer used most of the money to play poker at large limits and really wanted to become a professional High Roller. But luck was not the lieutenant’s side, and as a rule all the money invested was successfully lost.
As a result of the investigation, Randolph and his accomplices were able to prove guilt. All of them received 4 years in prison.

:eek: :help:

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd also "play poker" with that money if I knew I was going to be caught, 4 years seems like one heck of a deal too.

Very good point!! That works out to $750K per year. Not too shabby!

Now the government is going to have to shell out more money just to incarcerate these butt heads.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This guy was a "Lieutenant" after 27 years in the Navy. A lieutenant is an O3 (Officer 3) pay grade which is equivalent to a U.S. Army Captain. I wonder how he was in the Navy for 27 years and only a Lieutenant. There must have been problems with this guy. I am surprised he was still in the Navy. In the Army if you don't get promoted you get thrown out. And if there were problems why would you let a problem have access to this amount of money? I think the Navy should take a hard look at itself and the people directly in charge of this idiot and make some big changes.

EDIT/PS:
I just looked at minimum time in service requirements to be promoted to O4 and it is 6 and 1/2 years, and 27 years in service this guy is an O3, LOL. C'mon Navy we deserve better than you letting this guy rip us off.

Last edited:
Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
people think they can get away with anything these days. why risk your freedom and future for that. and the crazy thing is after they got the money they gambled it away !!!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what a stupid act
crossed out life lost trust
what awaits him then?
probably only a game on microlimits[emoji32][emoji32][emoji32][emoji32][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what does poker do with people...

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
This is very interesting news pity that he could not win large sums to get a good idea for someone who has tried to win easy money but life does not get that.
And thinking person with a weak psyche poker can conquer it and into trouble.:D:D:D

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People be going to jail for lot less than 750k a year wow.:hahaha:

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He likes poker, but poker doesn't like him. I wonder how someone get till this point just, the thing is that isn't his own money he was gambling, i think he had studied more the game wouldn't have such a lack of discipline

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he played at the microlimits like me, they would have stolen a maximum of 100-200 dollars and would not receive such a large punishment =)