Shaun Deeb is not happy when final table play has been halted

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Shaun Deeb left the Rio following Day Three of the wsop $10,000 Dealers Choice tournament with the chip lead. The 2018 Player of the Year angrily exited the Amazon room due to his disdain for tournament director Jack Effel’s tournament structure that forced play to conclude early for the day with just five players remaining.

Do you think Shaun is right to be upset?

Angry Shaun Deeb Leads WSOP $10K Dealers Choice Final Table

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually obese people are narcissists like Shaun.

The world has to spin around their fat belly.

The event has to end whenever he wants.

Slowrolling is fun.

A man playing the ladies event is hilarious.

It's ok to miss your child's birth and first birthday to play poker.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lots of jealous types showing off their best behavior in this thread.

OF COURSE Shaun is correct here! In a series like the WSOP, when you have lots of regulars running from table to table, hoping to compete in many of the events, it seems ridiculous to drag out the one event (smaller field $10k buyin) into the following day instead of allowing them to play through right then! (keeps them from playing something else the following day). It also allows lesser skilled players to do their homework during their time away from the tables, getting help from other people to play the game(s) that their opponents are choosing to play. In this case, it takes a bit away from the better player's edge.
fwiw, I think Shaun is going to walk away with this event regardless.
And fwiw, the two players who wanted it to go into the next day now appear to be KO'd (Spoiler Alert).. and Shaun has 70% of the chips in play, final 3 players.

I think Shaun is an awesome player and have been following him (& railing him) since the Fulltilt $1k Monday (TedsFishFry) tourneys.

To attack his character because of his weight issue..... Really? Puh-leeease... get a grip!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Who's to judge?

Sometimes people who are successful are driven to make sacrifices in their personal lives.
Lots of people driven by their careers whether it be business, sport, etc. have to make tremendous sacrifices. Maybe Shaun felt it was necessary in this case (one would assume so). He's also 'on the road' while playing, needing to travel away from home & out of the country. In these cases it was to play in the WCOOP series (I'd guess a pretty important thing for someone who is hoping to continue competing against the best in the world & for someone who isn't putting in much volume online comparatively speaking to his earlier years).
And what do you know.... he took down a WCOOP title on the day his son was born & then another on his 2nd birthday! Awesome!!! (maybe it goes toward's Chance's college fund)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does that mean Shaun is wrong or right to feel the way he does?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does that mean Shaun is wrong or right to feel the way he does?
Me?
I feel he is right.
It's to his disadvantage to have the tourney go into the following day... so of course he's right to want it to finish that same day.
The structure was agreed upon prior but am guessing they assumed it would've been over. 3/5 wanted it to continue.... 2 didn't.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The tournament was structured this way from the beginning. They were to play down to 6 and stop. That’s exactly what took place. Don’t sign up for the tournament if you don’t want to play 4 days. Granted there was time to play and the TD did ask the remaining players to vote. They had 2 hold outs. Those players are within their right to vote for day 4. Not to mention it was Father’s Day and those 2 May have had an opportunity to spend time with the family. Obv Deeb is a tremendous poker player who is respected. As a person the respect isn’t deserved in the least. The guy has a laundry of really horrible behavior. He’s the last person anyone should bend over backwards for. He is absolutely wrong. If I sign up for a tournament and it states that the tournament has 4/days then that’s what I expect and hope to play. His quest for playing multiple tournaments at once has no bearing on things. Obv if the remaining players are still in the tournament then they know how to play and 1 extra night of “studying “ is not going to make a difference. Just another excuse for this guy to rant away on twitter. Like always.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually obese people are narcissists like Shaun.

The world has to spin around their fat belly.

The event has to end whenever he wants.

Slowrolling is fun.

A man playing the ladies event is hilarious.

You sound very judgemental and are totally wrong. People are not the way they are because of shape, size, ethnic background, sexual preference or political views. You can find all types of personalities in every group. All XXXX are not XXXX. Your generalization makes you look foolish.
Sorry to say the structure was set before the start so you knew what you were getting into. However I have seen a TD change the stop or start times when all players agree.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Shaun is an awesome player and have been following him (& railing him) since the Fulltilt $1k Monday

Your opinion is completely biased cause you're a fanboy.

The event structure has been there for everyone for a long time, but Mr. Slowroller decides to complain when he has the chip lead of the final table.

How convenient.

IDGAF if he wins the event, it will not prove his argument.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Does he have a "right" to be upset, no. Per the article, "Despite the pre-tournament agreed upon structure". There is a structure sheet for every tournament. He should have read it, and if it didn't meet his expectations, then he could have NOT PLAYED the event. It wasn't a surprise, and he could have chosen not to play

Another point from the article above, "the remaining players could have chosen to play down to a winner on Sunday. But there were two unnamed players who voted against it. That made Shaun Deeb rather angry." This has nothing to do with Jack or the WSOP. It is a democracy. They could have kept playing, but others VOTED to follow the structure and stop play. It makes sense that they would want a break to recharge and come back fresh. Deebs probably thought he had an edge against the players so he wanted to keep playing.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no opinion one way or the other

I find it mildly amusing how a few penny grinders would have the audacity for ragging a proven, successful, professional poker player like Deeb.

Rules are in place. Yes. Deeb agreed to the conditions. Yes.

Unless I’m missing something in the article, they voted anyways whether they would keep playing. Was the vote not a majority to continue play?

Just asking

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does he have a "right" to be upset, no. Per the article, "Despite the pre-tournament agreed upon structure". There is a structure sheet for every tournament. He should have read it, and if it didn't meet his expectations, then he could have NOT PLAYED the event. It wasn't a surprise, and he could have chosen not to play

Another point from the article above, "the remaining players could have chosen to play down to a winner on Sunday. But there were two unnamed players who voted against it. That made Shaun Deeb rather angry." This has nothing to do with Jack or the WSOP. It is a democracy. They could have kept playing, but others VOTED to follow the structure and stop play. It makes sense that they would want a break to recharge and come back fresh. Deebs probably thought he had an edge against the players so he wanted to keep playing.

If it was based on it being a democracy... it would've played out (they voted 3-2 in favor of playing it out)
They only played 4hrs. How tired out are they going to be from that?
(imo) it only makes sense that they'd want to be able to finish it off, so that they could come back the following day and play a full schedule (as many of these guys are). By delaying the finish, they miss out on playing stuff today. (ie. the $10k 7-card Stud at 3pm)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In the end, Shaun will be ok with the way things have transpired, in fact he has to be ok with it - basically, he has no choice! Right?!

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no opinion one way or the other

I find it mildly amusing how a few penny grinders would have the audacity for ragging a proven, successful, professional poker player like Deeb.

Rules are in place. Yes. Deeb agreed to the conditions. Yes.

Unless I’m missing something in the article, they voted anyways whether they would keep playing. Was the vote not a majority to continue play?

Just asking

If it was based on it being a democracy... it would've played out (they voted 3-2 in favor of playing it out)
They only played 4hrs. How tired out are they going to be from that?
(imo) it only makes sense that they'd want to be able to finish it off, so that they could come back the following day and play a full schedule (as many of these guys are). By delaying the finish, they miss out on playing stuff today. (ie. the $10k 7-card Stud at 3pm)

I would have to read through the huge rule book, but I think it has to be a unanimous vote to continue to play. Kind of like everyone has to agree to make a deal or no final table deal is done.

As far a Democracy, think of it as America and the Electoral College. Just because you have the popular vote of the majority, doesn't mean that you win the vote :)

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Adam Friedman won again. What a beast. Back to back.

How come no one is talking about that?

He should've slowrolled Shaun with that boat.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Funny thing about any game is, The Rules are the rules... get fed up playing by the rules and what have we become? That's not Pro-poker behavior, more like children playing snap... lmao

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Adam Friedman won again. What a beast. Back to back.

How come no one is talking about that?

He should've slowrolled Shaun with that boat.

This thread is about the news article linked at the top. Who knows? Maybe there will be an upcoming article about Adam.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm not a fan of stretching out a tournament over more days than it should be especially when there are only a few players left. However if those are the rules then I guess everyone knew before hand and that's what everyone signed up for so you got to go along with the program. So in this case I would have to say wrong.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would have to read through the huge rule book, but I think it has to be a unanimous vote to continue to play. Kind of like everyone has to agree to make a deal or no final table deal is done.

As far a Democracy, think of it as America and the Electoral College. Just because you have the popular vote of the majority, doesn't mean that you win the vote :)

Cheers! Yah I'm pretty sure it has to be unanimous. (it did show that more were in favor of playing on though)

Funny thing about any game is, The Rules are the rules... get fed up playing by the rules and what have we become? That's not Pro-poker behavior, more like children playing snap... lmao

Did you read the article? Or any of the comments by the players involved? It was concerning the structure of the tourney and whether to play on... or stop after only 4hrs. and then play it out again the following day with only 5 players remaining. 3 of those 5 remaining players chose to continue playing when a vote was taken. How does that insinuate being 'fed up playing by the rules'?
'Pro-poker behaviour'... what is that exactly?

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a poker machine, something poker knows, so if it bothers you it's because he sure knows more about tournament structures than the WSOP itself

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He knew the rules before signing up, suck it up dude.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread is about the news article linked at the top. Who knows? Maybe there will be an upcoming article about Adam.

So instead of talking about the winner of the event, who also won last year, we focus on Deeb's tantrum, that reminds me of Serena Williams losing to Naomi Osaka.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So instead of talking about the winner of the event, who also won last year, we focus on Deeb's tantrum, that reminds me of Serena Williams losing to Naomi Osaka.

The idea of posting in a single thread is to comment on the topic of that thread. Was Adam the topic of the thread? As stated before, there may be a news article that will come out about him, but this isn't it. I don't write the news, I only share it with the forum.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could have just had the headline "Angry Shaun Deeb". That guy is the saltiest player ever. Everyone has played with a guy like him, nothing is ever good enough, dealer too slow or too fast, cards not 4 color, or are 4 color. Always something with him. Zero redeeming qualities, not even Hellmuth is hated as much as Deeb by pros and rec alike.

As far as his complaint.
1. The rules were clear before the tournament. It was stated that after a certain point, play would end for the day unless a unanimous player decision was reached to keep playing. Clearly stated... then he throws a tantrum because other players didn't want to continue. Childish.
2. He blames the TD for following the rules, when it was the other players who actually made the decision. No player should be shamed for exercising their rights under the rules. Guess he blamed the TD instead, which is kind of fine, Jack Effel been doing it forever, part of the job to deflect and Effel's a pro.
3. Nobody wants day 4s. Pretty clearly at least one person did. Sorry that it messed up your schedule, but if I was only playing one tourney, I'd be under no pressure to continue. In fact, a player anxiously wanting to continue would make me more likely to postpone. At that level, I'd have no shame in tilting him if I could.
4. Other players get a benefit because they can look up the games? What an egotistical (and insecure) thing to say. Is he seriously thinking people plunk down 10k to play this and don't know the games? Two of the guys left are rounders and the other two are Pros. If they can learn the skills to beat him overnight then he's not that good is he. WTF... that one got me the most.

Btw he lost to Adam Friedman. Deeb had a meltdown too when clock was called on him during a hand Monday too. Salty baby, like a tater tot.