The Recap - 2019 WSOP

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recapping the 2019 WSOP from the record setting entries for the Big 50 to the final hand of the Main Event.

From a scale of 1-5, how successful would you rate the 2019 WSOP?

Recapping the 2019 WSOP from Start to Hossein Ensan’s $10 Million Main Event Victory
From what I saw from following DNegs vlog, I think it was fairly successful. It looked like they need to do some tweaking of tournament timing and chip starting stacks. It looked like space was an issue. There seemed to be long delays do to multiple big events reaching payouts at the same time. But overall, it appeared to be an overall success with minimal bad publicity.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have to rate it a 5, (especially The Colossus)!

The lengthy late registration is a huge contributing factor for long lines. There were 13 levels in the colossus, if I remember. That's outrageous. There should be an incentive to start at the beginning of the tourney and half the amount of time to late register.

I noticed that there were some tables that couldn't start at the beginning as there weren't 4 people at the table. One table didn't play a hand for 45 minutes next to my table. The seats should be sold in order. So, if they start with say 200 tables seat 1 sold first, then seat 2 then 3 and so on for each table. These seats should have the stacks in play from the beginning. So if there are 200 tables, and 7 seats have been sold for each table, then 7 stacks should then be in play.

I thought it was ridiculous that you could buy a seat the night prior and you r stack could possibly not be in play for several levels. If all seats sold were in play, whether someone was seated at the beginning or not, people may get there earlier to take advantage of the empty seat.

WSOP