pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PRAHLAD FRIEDMAN

. Lots of people aren’t understanding my point about systemic racism being obvious when looking at your average poker room. Let me explain, whites and Asians make the most money, that is why you see them the most in poker. Coaching sites cost a lot, sims cost a lot, books, etc...
I think you can find racism in almost every aspect of life but calling out poker when it is an international game with men and women from all parts of the world play is extreme. the best players with little luck get to be winners it has nothing to do with race. If he wants to say there are racist players who make racist remarks when they play a game then I can see that because there are racist people everywhere.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Racism will never end. There are too many people that will not let it end.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no clue what hes trying to even get at or why he felt the need to even talk about this. So it's racist that poker is filled with mostly Caucasian and Asian males? How about mostly Caucasian and Asian males are not only the best players but they enjoy playing the game the most.

R

Rounder646

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This guy shilled for a company that literally stole millions and millions from the poker world (he was an Ultimate Bet shill). He has 0 morals and should never talk from any moral high horse ... what a ****ing hypocrite

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously if you make more money it's easier to enter poker tournaments. You will have more disposable income to buyin. Unless you are really good and can get staked by people, you will have to pay out of pocket to enter tournaments and thus be able to reach more final tables.

I still don't get his rant though.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Prahlad should follow his own words and quit poker if thats how he feels. That will make one less white person in poker :p

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think his comments are totally unnecessary and it's all bullshit...

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly think he suffers from a mental health issue - his tweet made no sense whatsoever - I wish someone would ask him how he could justify such a stupid remark.

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The good news is that if this cat can win over 2 million playing poker tourneys there's hope for all of us.

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ridiculous comment... I think he should need glasses and clear the mind

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ridiculous comment!!! I guess I am confused why he would say this? It does not matter what color of skin you have to have to make the final table! It's about your play not skin color.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The good news is that if this cat can win over 2 million playing poker tourneys there's hope for all of us.

Love it!

The whole incident is just so bizarre to me. No one seems to know what spurred on this rant.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Extremely surprised hearing a pro in this game we all love express such a comment.
Being an individual of a mixed race, one might think that I would side with Prahlad, but seriously, what does the color of one’s skin have to do with quality of one’s play or the quality of the cards that one gets?

The only way I could ever side with this comment from Prahlad is if all the dealers in these tournaments were card mechanics enabling them to determine the cards one gets.
My personal opinion……. Not a smart post on Prahlad Friedman’s part. :confused:

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Was there alcohol involved? Maybe he was just drunk, rambling on for attention.

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well as a person who doesn't mind having an unpopular opinion I am going to speak up. He made perfect sense to me. He is not saying that poker players are racist.
He was talking about fair pay in the workforce. That is something very different. He was just making the point that people who make less dont always have the disposable time or money to play poker. He made a good point and is offering to coach for free so that is cool.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well as a person who doesn't mind having an unpopular opinion I am going to speak up. He made perfect sense to me. He is not saying that poker players are racist.
He was talking about fair pay in the workforce. That is something very different. He was just making the point that people who make less dont always have the disposable time or money to play poker. He made a good point and is offering to coach for free so that is cool.
This, his conveying of his idea wasn't the best dipolomacy wise, but I got his meaning. Someone above said it was more caucasians and asian men playing because they liked it the most. That's like saying the reason our American government has a majority of old white men is because they are the only ones that care about our country. :rolleyes:

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Racism don t exist in poker, it doesn’t exist nowhere. Racism is a Word someone use it when he hates someone, don t like him for his color,race,ideas, or because he thinks himself his better than him. All humans in earth are born equally ( we all need 9 months to come to this world) . let s hope that people from around the world can live peacefully. ( we are all going to die , and when that happen, it will be better that people we have share our life with say ( that man or woman was a good gentle respectful person) that s better than saying ( that man or woman was a bad racist disgusting person ) . Racist is bad , disgusting.Every thing or problem got a solution, and can be solve with a proper conversation, discussion. PEACE AND LOVE

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I guess Prahlad is trying to justify his degree in ethnic studies from UC Berkeley by continuing to make everything in his life about race.

Also this is the guy that on national tv accused Jefferey Lisandro of not putting in a 5k chip ante and because of Prahlad's standing at the time in the poker world if not for the table camera Lisandro would have been labeled a thief and forever had his integrity questioned. Prahlad said over and over he saw someone else throw the chip in when he did not and the camera proved it.

UB was responsible for cheating Prahlad out of a lot of money. UB pays him off and he goes to work for UB. Others that were cheated were outraged. Prahlad sees no ethical problem at all with his behavior.

You guys can make your own judgments about Prahlad and anything he says. I made mine a long time ago.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Racism is a belated feeling because we are all the same and we all need each other
If you play poker and win you needed someone to be part of your game and win.
Racist people have no dignity or even respect for God who is the creator of all things.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never really been fond of Friedman. He just looks like a shady bastard. I wouldn't trust the guy.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion:

This Prahlad character is a PC race-card playing scum bag. It's like women who play the sex card to steal millions in bogus sexual harassment lawsuits or guys like this who shove the race card down someone throat out of nowhere.

This guy needs to be blamed for his own short-comings not the poker community.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually replied to him when he initially made that statement and said "You sir are the racist"

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually replied to him when he initially made that statement and said "You sir are the racist"
Good these PC enforcing liberals ruin people's ability to freely speak their mind. They ruin work-company culture.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My opinion:

This Prahlad character is a PC race-card playing scum bag. It's like women who play the sex card to steal millions in bogus sexual harassment lawsuits or guys like this who shove the race card down someone throat out of nowhere.

This guy needs to be blamed for his own short-comings not the poker community.

Good these PC enforcing liberals ruin people's ability to freely speak their mind. They ruin work-company culture.
Geez guys calm down, he didn't call YOU a racist. :cool: