Phil Hellmuth Wins Nearly $300K on ‘Poker After Dark’

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me Helmut is the man, who said - you don't have to lie here, money is nothing, or something like this

W

willko01000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
?

What are his stats?

It would be interesting to work out the overall probability and rate of return etc.

I would certainly be interested.

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmuth wins when he has cards and slowly blinds down when he doesn't. His success depends on hands, while new age players depend on taking advantage of profitable spots. I think Hellmuth's play can be very reliable, but requires more luck. Congrats to him on the winnings though, nice to see.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would back him if I had the money. He is one of the best poker players in the world. Great to see him winning in cash games as well as tournaments. He is a pro's pro. He is fun to watch.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea how much has he lost?
Betting on one session of NLH cash is a super gamble anything can happen in that short of a run. I'd back him in a large field MTT because if he gets same amount of luck he literally can win 100x + the amount he could at a cash table. Though his strength is large field MTTs. I still think per games played Johnny Chan is better,true that hellmuth has won more bracelets but how many attempts. Look at chan play and he is a savage predatory in the game. world series of poker Main Event 3 time winner effectively in a ROW. WOWOWOW

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love him or hate him he's quite entertaining.

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never understood why someone like phil hellmuth of all people needs backers? Is he only doing it for a safety reason or is he really hard enough on cash to where he needs the backers? I feel like I would want 100% in everything I played so I would not feel any stress about owing someone else money if I could afford to play the buy in. I don't think I would get as much enjoyment out of the game if I knew someone else was going to get a piece of my winnings.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't back someone I don't respect.

I see Phil as an overgrown child, full of misplaced self promotion with emotions he can't control. He comes across arrogant and condescending and I have no respect for anyone who looks down upon others.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil is an absolute poker beast! But id rather bet on him doing a tournament, its definitely his strong point.Ive seen him get crushed multiple days in cash.Its just not his pearl of choice.

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth Wins Nearly $300K on ‘Poker After Dark,’ YouStake Backers Get $60K

High markup or not, Hellmuth has come through again for his backers, this time they’ll share a $60,000 prize.

If you could, would you back Phil Hellmuth?

I'd need to see the entire facts, as in how much has he lost.

I was watching one game on Youtube and he kept asking for 'another 100k' and I kept thinking, yikes, he sure can plow through the resources.

BUT I am pretty sure he's 15 mil ? 20 mil up ? from all those wsop's etc.

I was happy to learn he is big on giving to charity, ALSO I learned he has given away ALL but one of his WSOP bracelets - and if I recall, he said he thinks he lost it by his washer.

I like that he didn't accuse the maid.

He MAY have his temperamental fits, but I get a great read from Phil Hellmuth - seems like a very caring fun guy.

Just don't play K2 offsuit and win playing him... heh heh

FOR THE RECORD, as much as Phil CAN carry on about people playing bad hands, I watched this ONE interview with him and Doug Polk and Phil talks about his VERY FIRST tournament. He had saved up some $7,000 or so, and said he unfortunately blew a LOT of it on cash tables but had JUST ENOUGH for the tournament he wanted to get in. He was low on chips - and in some hand with some guy named Chan if I recall as to name, he said 'I had TWO 2's - and I shoved on TWO 2's ' .... 'AND THEN I WON' He won $80,000 or so, and was so happy he said he went walking the streets to get his head together. BUT To Polk he was SUPER exciting about bragging on 'Had it NOT been for those TWO 2's' - SOz'z'z's'... It IS... rather interesting that had he NOT shoved on 22 which I think THESE DAYS he might lose it on someone of THEY did that? that he may not have ever advanced in his career. Sometimes it IS that single $80k win that CAN afford you to start entering in bigger tournaments, it's all relative I suppose once you win one big one.

I GUESS from this we can expect Phil to never complain if someone shoves on 22 against his suited AQ etc... heh

I would not invest in a player though unless it was me.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am thinking Phil is doing ok in the money department - he is not stupid with money, in my opinion. Although he is a poker player he doesn't strike me as the frivolous kind but I've been known to be wrong about that.

I have warmed up to Phil Hellmuth quite a bit over the last few years for various reasons. I just like him, even with the antics. :)

Here's a thread started by another member that has a bunch of pretty good mini-biographies on different poker pros, with Phil being one of them. Take a look when you have a few minutes - these are really well done. :)

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/com...ntral-pokerography-videos-really-good-376297/

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is a great player for sure. But as a person I don´t like him. When he tilts on the table is funny... LOL.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It took me a while to catch on to the fact that he has earned so many bracelets. People who package up poker for entertainment purposes focus more on other people sucking out on him and his temper tantrums, livid outburst of ill-luck.

As I grew as a player I learned to try to respect his play more. He know how to get a lot of great value out of a hand, and that is not always as simple as it sounds; not just getting good cards.

P

pjcaruci

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting

That without thinking it would be interested in investing in Phil Hellmuth, since it would be an interesting investment, since the profit would be substantial:jd4::D:D:D:D:D

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not see anything wrong with that. Everyone always has a chance.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always saw Phil as great tournament poker , but when I watch him playing cash I think his strategy is weak , winning 300k on cash , I was a bit surprised about it.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
(the pokerography story of Chris Moneymaker is really very interesting , I learnt some things that I didn't know :) )

As for Phil Hellmuth , ofcourse I would back him to play cash games , he can play them well when he is concetrated . But most of the money I would give him for the tournaments he is playing , where he is much better .

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aww, if I won that money, I would stop playing poker and enjoy the life!

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't even know poker after dark was on anymore? I know it's not on TV so it must be on some kind of Internet where you have to subscribe to I'm guessing? I don't personally really like fill that much but can't deny that he is a great player.... especially in to tournament..s........ ....and he can be fun to watch,, even tho quite annoyimg at times lol

I

iceiceice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't even know poker after dark was on anymore? I know it's not on TV so it must be on some kind of Internet where you have to subscribe to I'm guessing? I don't personally really like fill that much but can't deny that he is a great player.... especially in to tournament..s........ ....and he can be fun to watch,, even tho quite annoyimg at times lol

It's streamed on PokerGO which is a subscription service.

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he is great to watch and very entertaining , yes IF and thats a big if lol I would back him but I so broke lol cant back myself playing micro games even :)