Online Poker in Pennsylvania is set to go July, 2019!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Pennsylvania online poker will become a reality in July following a key decision by Keystone State regulators.

With the progress of sportsbetting and possibly online poker, the US governments may be forced to take notice of the industry. If that happens, Pennsylvania’s online gaming launch could create further interest with regulation across the US.
Online poker is looking up for Pennsylvania!
Pennsylvania Online Poker Sites to Go Live on July 15

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Missouri Needs It Next

I would like for Missouri to allow online poker next, that would ne nice. Even though my poker room ACR has allowed me to play there for real money, I havent won enough to cash out to see how that works, but will be trying in the mean time to see if they let me cash our when my winnings get big anough and will let CardsChat know!

That is GREAT NEWS! Pokerstars and Party Poker and many more coming this way. Good job to look eye Shells! :D;)

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pennsylvania is a really big domino, so this is great! With any luck, Michigan will get legislation passed at some point soon. Then hopefully Ohio will start to feel like they need to get in on the act once 3 of their neighbors are receiving tax revenue from online poker. At that point somewhere around 15% of the US population would be on board, and I think that might be the critical mass we need! This is my hope anyway.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Pennsylvania is a really big domino, so this is great! With any luck, Michigan will get legislation passed at some point soon. Then hopefully Ohio will start to feel like they need to get in on the act once 3 of their neighbors are receiving tax revenue from online poker. At that point somewhere around 15% of the US population would be on board, and I think that might be the critical mass we need! This is my hope anyway.

The last piece of news I posted about Michigan and online poker, I think they have something in the works, no? or maybe that was about sportsbetting...now, you are going to make me look it up! :D

Edit -and this is not intended to derail this thread :)

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-news-events-63/michigan-bill-421335/

Michigan Online Poker Bill Gaining Momentum After Positive Committee Hearing

Last edited:
J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The last piece of news I posted about Michigan and online poker, I think they have something in the works, no? or maybe that was about sportsbetting...now, you are going to make me look it up! :D

Edit -and this is not intended to derail this thread :)

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-news-events-63/michigan-bill-421335/

Michigan Online Poker Bill Gaining Momentum After Positive Committee Hearing

Haha, yeah. I was just saying, hopefully they actually get it passed and signed in to law this time around! :)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Wonderful news for residents of Pensylvania , now they will play at Pokerstars , partypoker , maybe more poker rooms :) Good news for everyone , not only for the Americans , I believe . One more step for players to be able to play their favourite game free again . Poker regulated and accessible free to every player in all over the world would be the ideal for me :)

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow that is awesome news im excited for this

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've said this before in these posts, don't get confused about the "pokerstars" and "partypoker" sites getting licensed in pa. I thought I saw pa was going to be in with the shared pool with other legal states but that is the pool of players that will play on these sites. They won't be playing with other players from around the world. Pokerstars is only in NJ now, so you would have to be in NJ or pa to play and only players from those states would be on it. 888 is only site in all 3 states now, so if they are in pa they will have biggest pool of players, everyone in de, pa, NV, or NJ. Hopefully more states get in and more sites get in all the states

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pennsylvania online poker will become a reality in July following a key decision by Keystone State regulators.

With the progress of sportsbetting and possibly online poker, the US governments may be forced to take notice of the industry. If that happens, Pennsylvania’s online gaming launch could create further interest with regulation across the US.

Finally, I am a Pennsylvanian. Of course, it is not ideal. The player pool will be limited to the state. Because of the DOJ writing the opinion (which basically , was bought and paid for by Sheldon Adelson) This pisses me off!!! Hopefully soon, we will be able to merge player pools. We probably need Congress to pass a law or spell it out clearly in some type of legislation. BUT, it is a first step in the right direction.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Finally, I am a Pennsylvanian. Of course, it is not ideal. The player pool will be limited to the state. Because of the DOJ writing the opinion (which basically , was bought and paid for by Sheldon Adelson) This pisses me off!!! Hopefully soon, we will be able to merge player pools. We probably need Congress to pass a law or spell it out clearly in some type of legislation. BUT, it is a first step in the right direction.

Yes, merging player pools will be the next big step and hope it happens for you all soon! :)

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So are sites that are unregulated by the US that cater to US players like ACR going to stop taking players from Pennsylvania now that they are regulating poker in the state?

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations, people of Pennsylvania! I'm glad! A good solution for both the state economy and people's entertainment. And maybe even someone will become a professional player, so to speak saggese Asterisk! See! Anyway, it's a good solution!

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very excited for this. I live in PA and it's annoying to have to drive 1/2 hour every time I want to play in a poker tournament. I would love to be able to spend a Friday or Saturday night playing in an online tournament. Don't get me wrong. I still love live play, but I never got to experience online play for real money. I think this will add a lot to my poker education.

Ignoramus380

Ignoramus380

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pennsylvania decided on the launch date for online poker - July 15, 2019. (I think it's great!)

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

thats a good thing. cause if approve then the other states will appove to in the future

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was contemplating on moving to NJ from NY.. now PA is an option as well :)

Vanderwolfe

Vanderwolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can’t wait !!! I have been waiting for this day for a very long time and I can barely contain myself with excitement!! I hope to see most of you in the PA online felt :)

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all hope that one day the US can play in .com! It will be a new poker boom!

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently, several states are still undergoing court proceedings to ban a pool of players. But the good news appeared after the first hearings, when the side of legalization and adjustment of online games was fully supported. The end of the “The Wire Act” grace period is June 14, which means that by the time the online games are launched in Pennsylvania, a solution should appear - either the state will play on the reservation, or it will be able to join the general pool of players. Pennsylvania regulators advocated strict law enforcement. In the event that the authorities do not determine the law within a month, the players will still play, to begin with - within the state borders.