Nick Schulman WSOP Main Event controversy

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds more like a soft news day.

When DN and a guy heavily involved in the telecasts both say there no controversy here, you’d think that would be the end of it

Two choices. CC can move on to the next “news” story, or they could choose to milk this for days.

Wouldn’t be the first time a poker forum made a mountain out of a simple meal to drive clicks

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He does have a point - the main event IS a donkament.

But he pretty much offended 99% of the ESPN coverage.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One, no matter the reason, Nick is the most thoughtful commentator that the WSOP has so it's a bad move NOT to have him on.

When DN and a guy heavily involved in the telecasts both say there no controversy here, you’d think that would be the end of it

Two choices. CC can move on to the next “news” story, or they could choose to milk this for days.

Wouldn’t be the first time a poker forum made a mountain out of a simple meal to drive clicks

Second, the quote from Norman was that Schulman “was not removed from the PokerGo broadcast. It’s a long story, and it has nothing to do with Nick or any personnel. It was a production decision.”

Honing in on key phases like "schedule conflict" from Negreanu and "long story" and "production decision" from Norman. Give me a break and get your story straight. If it's a long story, then it's likely a lie that is being strung along.

#FreeNick

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Yeah, we should listen to the "More Rake is Better" guy and Norman Chad? I think I will take Nick Schulman at his word... The End.

Last edited:
F

FuncrusherPlus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Dnegs comments only cement the fact that's why ESPN did it. (You are aware he is paid by Pokergo correct?) Props to Nick for standing his ground and a totally understandable decision by ESPN.

JopyJoost

JopyJoost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am shocked to hear in order to watch live poker like the WSOP you now have to subscribe to a pay TV company PokerGo (I think that was the name). Just another money grab. If you know of a TV station that shows the WSOP without subscribing to it let me know.. I think this really sucks.

F

FuncrusherPlus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am shocked to hear in order to watch live poker like the WSOP you now have to subscribe to a pay TV company PokerGo (I think that was the name). Just another money grab. If you know of a TV station that shows the WSOP without subscribing to it let me know.. I think this really sucks.

The final table will be aired on ESPN/ESPN2 Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think there’s any controversy at all.

That was the point I made originally. I see some have completely missed that. I’m not ripping Schulman in any way here.

No drama unless you’re looking to spin some up

Last edited:
WSOP