New news on the Postle/Stones Gambling Hall cheating allegations

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting to see how this turns out. The potripper cheating turned me off to online poker and I played more live poker.
Now this scandal made reconsider if live poker is any safer from cheats

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive always been wary of RFID or hole cameras. Anything that allows the cards to be known to any person other than the player allows the possibility of cheating. If people can cheat, they WILL find a way, it's only a matter of time.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My point from the get go was piling on Postle alone was short sighted - if, in all likelihood, cheating was involved then the ramifications/fallout would necessarily be wider than Postle.

It's still too early to have a clue how this will all play out but Stones have bungled these accusations from the outset. In turn they raised suspicions about the administration of their operations and it does not surprise me they have now been sued as well as the individual 'accused'.

One illuminating point I read on another thread (apologies for not being able to credit the OP) was that in Las Vegas and Nevada, strict protocols are in place regarding the use of RFID technology to prevent any party interfering with and utilizing the information.
Apparently such protocols are not enforced across the border and Stones did not implement them. That fact, if correct, speaks volumes.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling