Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
MSPT Banner

CardsChat is now a Media Sponsor with the Mid-States Poker Tour (MSPT)! Chad Holloway (MSPTChad) will be keeping us up-to-date with all the latest MSPT happenings in our CardsChat News section. He and MSPT Event Manager Eric Anderson will also be posting here in the thread.

For more information about the MSPT, schedule of events, live blog updates, registration and more, visit their website. If you are playing in any MSPT events, post here in the thread, and let us know! Chad will give you some love in their onsite live blog during the events.

You can follow MSPT on Twitter: @msptpoker
Like MSPT on Facebook too!

Last edited:
MSPTChad

MSPTChad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Thanks to CardsChat

Hi all,

On behalf of the Mid-States Poker Tour crew I want to say thanks to CardsChat for opening this thread. We look forward to interacting with everyone here. If you ever make it out to a MSPT stop, please do let me know. Not only would we like to meet you in person, but I will do my best to get you some coverage in our live blog.

Chad Holloway
MSPT Media Director
@ChadAHolloway

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all,

On behalf of the Mid-States Poker Tour crew I want to say thanks to CardsChat for opening this thread. We look forward to interacting with everyone here. If you ever make it out to a MSPT stop, please do let me know. Not only would we like to meet you in person, but I will do my best to get you some coverage in our live blog.

Chad Holloway
MSPT Media Director
@ChadAHolloway

Thanks Chad! :)

D

deeznuts70

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can I get a schedule for the mid state poker tour?

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chad just sent me the link - I noticed the banner on MSPT a week or so ago and was stoked!

I'd like to think my wearing a CC hoodie to like 80% of the events I play helped. :) I play most events within a 5-hour radius of Madison, WI, so unfortunately that keeps me out of the running until September. If I remember to I'll post here when I actually play events, but I'm planning on:

September 10: Ho-Chunk Gaming Dells
September 17: Running Aces
November 5: Meskwaki
November 19: Potawatomi
December 19: Canterbury Park

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chad just sent me the link - I noticed the banner on MSPT a week or so ago and was stoked!

I'd like to think my wearing a CC hoodie to like 80% of the events I play helped. :) I play most events within a 5-hour radius of Madison, WI, so unfortunately that keeps me out of the running until September. If I remember to I'll post here when I actually play events, but I'm planning on:

September 10: Ho-Chunk Gaming Dells
September 17: Running Aces
November 5: Meskwaki
November 19: Potawatomi
December 19: Canterbury Park

Awesome - only a couple of weeks til the 1st one!

Chad will you be at any of the above events? You and Matt should definitely meet up - Matt is awesome, not to mention one of our star tournament players. :)

R

Rodrigo sampaio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
success to all

and always good to be on top of news and know what this contecendo this sporte, I'm enjoying it a lot of information, thank you and success to all

MSPTChad

MSPTChad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome - only a couple of weeks til the 1st one!

Chad will you be at any of the above events? You and Matt should definitely meet up - Matt is awesome, not to mention one of our star tournament players. :)

Yes, I will be at them all. I know Matt well and often report on him in the blog. Make sure he wears some CardsChat gear and I'll make sure to snap some photos!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I will be at them all. I know Matt well and often report on him in the blog. Make sure he wears some CardsChat gear and I'll make sure to snap some photos!

I think he always does - that would be awesome!

Rdsxfan

Rdsxfan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The MSPT Events are great, whether a Main Event ($1,100) or a Regional ($350). Plenty of Satellites to win your way in for a portion of the buy in.

I hope they one day expand to multiple tourney buy-ins at one location, some PLO, O/*, etc..

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The MSPT Events are great, whether a Main Event ($1,100) or a Regional ($350). Plenty of Satellites to win your way in for a portion of the buy in.

I hope they one day expand to multiple tourney buy-ins at one location, some PLO, O/*, etc..

Are you playing in any upcoming events?

Rdsxfan

Rdsxfan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you playing in any upcoming events?

I will try to satty into the November Event. I have bought into an $1,100 in the past, but that really hurts my BR if I fail to cash :(

MY BB was all in on day 2 pays 46 and we are at ~64. Get it in AK VS AJ and the blinds says he also folded AJ. Of course the turn is a J. Get crippled and a couple of hands later lose a flip with 10-10 V AK.

Great event though, despite my failure.

Rdsxfan

Rdsxfan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wanted to let everyone know that CardsChat was kind enough to publish my feature interview with MSPT Pro Matt Alexander, who is also the live stream commentator for the tour. If you're not familiar with Matt, I recommend reading the piece. He's a really funny guy as you will quickly see in his answers.

https://www.cardschat.com/news/matt...-of-minnesota-poker-cardschat-exclusive-30467

He is also very gracious at the table. A very good ambassador for the brand and not a bad commentator when he fails to Final Table.

MSPTChad

MSPTChad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will try to satty into the November Event. I have bought into an $1,100 in the past, but that really hurts my BR if I fail to cash :(

MY BB was all in on day 2 pays 46 and we are at ~64. Get it in AK VS AJ and the blinds says he also folded AJ. Of course the turn is a J. Get crippled and a couple of hands later lose a flip with 10-10 V AK.

Great event though, despite my failure.

Definitely a tough beat. The satellites are a great way to qualify for the Mains. We've had people turn $65 into nearly $100k wins. Pretty incredible. If you do satellite in, be sure to let me know. Would love to cover you in our live blog.

lukaszkrzi

lukaszkrzi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GL all Cardschat members sadly I cant attend it but make sure you play smart :)

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wanted to let everyone know that CardsChat was kind enough to publish my feature interview with MSPT Pro Matt Alexander, who is also the live stream commentator for the tour. If you're not familiar with Matt, I recommend reading the piece. He's a really funny guy as you will quickly see in his answers.

https://www.cardschat.com/news/matt...-of-minnesota-poker-cardschat-exclusive-30467

I've actually watched a couple of the streams from this recently. Very good poker I must say. It's interesting to watch whole tournaments and not just the highlights as you get a true sense of the action.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats to Jeremy - we will be sending him the CardsChat prize package he won this week!